• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Harry Potter MF v1.2fruitloopmixed

Reactions: Jack_Sparrow93
-HARRY POTTER MAGIC FIGHT-

Okay so this is a new Potter map from Lillerinmuna and Viikuna. Theres two teams in game(death eaters and order of phoenix ofc) and they fight in the hallways of Hogwarts with different cool spells familar from the books. Six players maxium in one team and yeah.

Host(Player one) will set the how many round wins it needed to win the whole game. round can be winned when all players from other team are: killed, stupefied(stunned) or under imperio mindcontrol.

SO YEAH this is [NOT] only the beta version [ANYMORE] so its not very complicated yet, we (me and viikuna) are thinking new items and maybe computer controlled units for this game and maybe couple of new spells coming. I would be very happy if people could post this forum if they play some ideas and feedback about how making this game even better, SO WRITE PLX!:p

Here's two screenies taken from game:

Expelliarmus and Avada spells heading close to poor Death Eater :)

Impedimenta and stupefy spells flying to pack of death eaters.

==============================================================

OUT OF BETA - HPMFv1.0 -

New patch here, the patch includes some visual updates and many different bug fixings. and vendors at map selling four cool magical items : Marauders Map, Invisiblity Cloak, Crystall ball and Weasley Bro's Protego hat. We are still very happy if you can give feedback and ideas for the map if you have. ENJOY!

============================================

[20.5.2008] Update - HPMFv1.0b

New path nothing very big: lower prices for items and some major bug fixing..
This patch will maybe stay kinda long time, but next patch (witch can take a long time) should blow everyones minds cuz it should hold some pretty cool mods and elderwand..

===========================================================

[12.6.2008] Update - HPMFv1.1 -

Yes its here, new potter patch! This patch doesnt include the mod promise i gave earlier, but Elder Wand there sure is and its veeery cool... There is also new item "Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder" so check out what that does.. also some bug fixing again and yeah. LOAD IT & PLAY IT!

============================================

[12.6.2008 night-time] QuickUpdate - HPMFv1.1b -

We had to make new patch cause we saw Viikuna had made hes new things for map to patch witch wasnt the newest but before it so the prises were too expansive and some items dropped false, but its all fixed in this version. Sorry if you loaded the HPMFv1.1 :D

===================================

[12.11.2008] patch - HPMFv1.2

Oookay here is new patch im sorry we told that we wont make new patches cause here is potter again, there are some visual updates and faster spell speeds at this patch and yeah..

im sorry, but the maps name ingame is "Harry Potter MF v1.1fruitloopmixed" cuz i couldnt find any new patch that wasnt protected so i had to use one with that name...

===================================

[3.12.2019] patch - HPMFv1.2 [By IcemanBo, uploaded by Staff Team]
Fixed the map so it is playable in 1.31.

The old version can be found here: Harry Potter MF v1.2fruitloopmixed

Keywords:
Harry, Potter, Harry Potter, Magic, Fight, Magic Fight, Harry Potter Magic Fight, Pussy
Contents

Harry Potter MF v1.1fruitloopmixed (Map)

Reviews
13:30, 22nd Jun 2008 Ash: I downloaded this map thinking it'd be like any other HP fanboy rip -- If you can't tell, I'm not a fan of the series -- however, I was pleasantly surprised. The map, basically, takes ideas from games like Elimination...
Daffa
Map is now playable in 1.31 patch. Edited by IcemanBo to comply with recent patch settings. Weird, it does not register the edits for some reason. Attached original version (which is broken in recent patches).

M

13:30, 22nd Jun 2008
Ash: I downloaded this map thinking it'd be like any other HP fanboy rip -- If you can't tell, I'm not a fan of the series -- however, I was pleasantly surprised. The map, basically, takes ideas from games like Elimination Tournament and pits players in frantic close quarter battles in which aiming is key. But things never really turn out that way.

Because of the map layout, most battles happen in once corner with little to no cover and the bad aim usually ends up in accidental blue on blue (Team Killing). On top of that, the spells that have been created are all pretty much useless. I can guarantee that everybody will spam the Death Curse. It's the only, real, damaging spells. Oh, that and the spell that gives you control of the other persons unit.

Then we have the shops. What do they actually do? There are two shops on the map that I didn't really visit, and thats because they're so far out of the way that by the time you've made it to them, all the main action in the round is over. That and the fact the shops are only really accessible by one team; the death eaters. Oh, and we can't forget about the Order teams model movement; it makes them look like they have something wedged up their backsides.

All the flaws aside, the map is good fun. Sure enough, you only end up sending one spell or two spells, but when there are several thousand orbs flying around it certainly keeps you on the edge of your seat.

The game is very fast paced and when you're running out with your team, it's a heck of a lot of fun trying to organize everything. You'll make it to the battle area to find that the other team hasn't turned up and that they're camping out some area, then you can chase them down and have quite a lot of fun in a stand off.

The loading screen's drawing, although crude, shows that a lot of dedication has gone, and will go, into the map. And I'm sure that, if you take heed of criticism, you'll make the map a lot better.

3/5

Ash

Ash

Level 22
I downloaded this map thinking it'd be like any other HP fanboy rip -- If you can't tell, I'm not a fan of the series -- however, I was pleasantly surprised. The map, basically, takes ideas from games like Elimination Tournament and pits players in frantic close quarter battles in which aiming is key. But things never really turn out that way.

Because of the map layout, most battles happen in once corner with little to no cover and the bad aim usually ends up in accidental blue on blue (Team Killing). On top of that, the spells that have been created are all pretty much useless. I can guarantee that everybody will spam the Death Curse. It's the only, real, damaging spells. Oh, that and the spell that gives you control of the other persons unit.

Then we have the shops. What do they actually do? There are two shops on the map that I didn't really visit, and thats because they're so far out of the way that by the time you've made it to them, all the main action in the round is over. That and the fact the shops are only really accessible by one team; the death eaters. Oh, and we can't forget about the Order teams model movement; it makes them look like they have something wedged up their backsides.

All the flaws aside, the map is good fun. Sure enough, you only end up sending one spell or two spells, but when there are several thousand orbs flying around it certainly keeps you on the edge of your seat.

The game is very fast paced and when you're running out with your team, it's a heck of a lot of fun trying to organize everything. You'll make it to the battle area to find that the other team hasn't turned up and that they're camping out some area, then you can chase them down and have quite a lot of fun in a stand off.

The loading screen's drawing, although crude, shows that a lot of dedication has gone, and will go, into the map. And I'm sure that, if you take heed of criticism, you'll make the map a lot better.

3/5

Level 2
I love this map keep updating i would maybe lower the prices in the stores. The Post above is so ignorant and wrong. I Never found the battle in one corner i found people sneaked around and ducked. Accidentally team killing is good apart of the map. I found people used all the spells not just Death Curse. But maybe you should put a longer recharge on the death curse.

Level 2
LoL this map is great i love it. Great effects cool terrain. Keep up the good work.
Only in the loading harry potter looks like a zombie its and improvment of his looks, but it creeps me out :D

Level 1
Map is really cool with all the magic fights, but i saw several problems:
-left players stay on the map; so when there are just few players after a big fight alive, and these guys leave, the round isnt over and every1 else has to wait ages until the new round starts.
-Also a roundtime clock would be useful
- Team kills happen far to often; maybe reduce damage dealt by friendly spells; i hate being killed by my own noob teammates death spell.
- rebalance teams after some1 left
- left players are marked as "alive" under status
thx for listening to my whining

Level 6
Thank you for you feedback very much Priwin. and thax for all others too :)

Left players shouldnt stay on the map longer than the round what they have lefted, I have played alotta this game and the removing hasnt never bugged.

Roundtime clock sound very cool.

And the teamkilling issue.. we have received alotta feedback for that, but we have desised not to deal with it cuz we think its big part of this game: you must not play with noobs, the main thing is not to use avada if you arent 100% sure that it wont hit your allie. And teamkillers get less money too for next round.

And the multiboard is just quicly done i try to fix it for some later update maybe

Level 1
Ah i didnt explained myself clearly; i meant the left players should be removed right when they leave instantly from the map. As it is now, it is possible that the game goes on when just left players are alive and the dead player that didnt left have to wait forever.
Also could you please deal with the rebalancing; maybe make a -swap command like in Battle Mages.

Youre right, the team killing is okay as long as you punish the killer hard enough XD
Thanks again for listinening and that you implented some of my ideas :)

Level 8
We are not propably going to update this anymore, because we have so many other projects and things going on. ( plus Im too lazy :D)

There is a slight change, tought, that some day we will make version 2.0.

If we do that, we will propably remake everything: new terrain, new and better models for spells an units, spells would be mostly same ( but recoded for less lagg and better functionality ).

But currently, we ust dont have enought good ideas for this map.

I sent an unprotected version for some German guy who asked for it, so if he is going to edit it, there might be a new Harry Potter map, based on this one.
I dont really know if he is working with it, or not. ( I havent heard much about hím after I sent him that map )

Level 8
We never made 1.3c, that map must be edited by someone else.

We briefly tested that 1.3c with Lillerinmuna, and it seems to be the same as 1.1b, there is only a bit more filesize ( Dunno why )

If someone know what different there is in that 1.3c, please tell us :)

Level 8
Right now it seems that we are not going to update this anymore.
I will let you kow if we change our opinion.

Level 1
Aww, that sucks, this map is on my list of best maps and i play it all the time! Kinda sucks that you're not updating it though, but i can imagine you have to work on it a lot, since it's quite a complicated map :p

Level 4
Hyvä! Oonkin odotellut uutta versiota. Tuli vaan mieleen että oisko jännä jos mindcontroll lähtis pois jos mindcontrollaaja menis liian kauaksi uhrista? Vaikka 1000 yksikön päähän tjsp?

Same in english by google:
Good! Oonkin waiting the new version. Came to mind, but that oisko ducky mindcontroll if you left them when mindcontrollaaja Menis too far removed from the victim? Although the 1000 unit head tjsp?

Level 11
Hyvä! Oonkin odotellut uutta versiota. Tuli vaan mieleen että oisko jännä jos mindcontroll lähtis pois jos mindcontrollaaja menis liian kauaksi uhrista? Vaikka 1000 yksikön päähän tjsp?

Same in english by google:
Good! Oonkin waiting the new version. Came to mind, but that oisko ducky mindcontroll if you left them when mindcontrollaaja Menis too far removed from the victim? Although the 1000 unit head tjsp?

Ei vittu fucking fail, et voi typee tänne suomeks.

In english by google: Omg, you fucking fail, you cant type finnish here.

Level 8
Im too lazy to work with this now. Maps coding is old and unefficient and there is too many things which need remaking.

If me and Lilleri someday come back to work with this, it will be a new Potter 2.0 with everything completely remaked.

This, however, will not probably happen :/

Level 8
At this point it seems that Potter 2.0 is never coming, so Potter will die with next patch when they fix return bug.

If someone wants an unoptimized version of this map, you can ask me, but be warned: its terrible coded. I was still learning stuff back then ( Actually, Im still learning more stuff, but anyways )

Level 1
Map is AWESOME ,yesterday i wrote on thehelper for you to make new version and single player mode ,caz everyone like it.... SO now i am writing here,Pls and Thank You

Last edited:
Level 8
There is a slight chance that version 2.0 sees daylight one day, but I dont really know.

Me and Liller are both really lazy persons with stuff like this. Also, we might need some guy who has experience about making cool special effects to help us to learn how to do that stuff properly.

Level 9
I know that you won't update this anymore, so what is if you transfer the map rights to someone else... or at least, please make the map 1.24 compatible :xxd:

i have an older wc3 version and play it with friends per hamachi as a lan-game, but in b.net it would be 1000 times better :D

Level 8
Ive already given unoptimized version to 2 guys who have asked it till now, but I havent seen neither of them releasing anything yet, so I guess they just cant understand my obsoletlyfucked and terribly coded Jass, lols.

Lillerinmuna is long gone, but I still kinda feel sometimes that I should remake this with some cool damn art and some better modern vJassing and new gameplay mechanics, since I know so much more about wc3 modding now.

( I could even animate a proper crucio animation for those units now, damn it. )

I got all the ideas, I just lack motivation.
If there be some Harry Potter fanboy like me who wants to make a cool Potter map, we could together maybe make some cool version 2.0

( Because the current version is really not worth of fixxing. It was more like experimental version where we tested what stuff works and what stuff doesnt. )

Level 9
Ive already given unoptimized version to 2 guys who have asked it till now, but I havent seen neither of them releasing anything yet, so I guess they just cant understand my obsoletlyfucked and terribly coded Jass, lols.

Lillerinmuna is long gone, but I still kinda feel sometimes that I should remake this with some cool damn art and some better modern vJassing and new gameplay mechanics, since I know so much more about wc3 modding now.

( I could even animate a proper crucio animation for those units now, damn it. )

If there be some Harry Potter fanboy like me who wants to make a cool Potter map, we could together maybe make some cool version 2.0

( Because the current version is really not worth of fixxing. It was more like experimental version where we tested what stuff works and what stuff doesnt. )

I think that everybody lacks motivation someday :/
I would help, but with my knowing of JASS ... gosh! I would mess up all work :xxd:
I learned much about terraining, but to day everybody can terrain :/

If you have some motivation, let me know about it in a little PM :wink:

Level 3
Hi Viikuna

After long time, I played HPMF again and so I searched the map on hive and found this interesting thread :p

I sent an unprotected version for some German guy who asked for it, so if he is going to edit it, there might be a new Harry Potter map, based on this one.
I dont really know if he is working with it, or not. ( I havent heard much about hím after I sent him that map )
Hi, here I am, the "German guy" ;) Btw I'm not the one, who released this mystycal version 1.3c.

Right, when you sent it to me, I was not able to understand any jass code (so I wonder now that I was able to create new spells based on your ones^^), but now I can understand it.

I'm not such a big fan, but I like the books and the films (and this map :p). Maybe we can rework the map together and integrate some new ideas
(when I modificated the map with my cousin to play with him, I integrated portkeys, an explosion-spell (Confringo), a buggy web spell (Incarcerus) and a silence spell (Silencio) (not sure wether the spells got german or english names) and I made these room of Hogwarts, where you always find the thing, you need at most at the moment (to find a wand if you lost yours for example)). Maybe some of these ideas could help, too.

As I said, now I know about jass and vJass, the only thing is I'm not the terrain-pro ;) So if you want to work with me together, just post in this thread or contanct me via pm.

So far, hope you all have a fine start into the new year tomorrow.

Level 8
Naah, sorry but modding is in me no more. The only reason why I still hang in here, is because I wait for Tides of Blood version O to come out.

Anyways, good luck with your project and happy new year to all you guys.

Level 1
update at battlenet renders this map unuseable

is there anyway you could update this map? the last update made it unuseable. awesome map though 10/10

Level 8
No. Sorry, but I just dont have enough time to do any mapping right now. If this changes someday, it might be that you see version 2.0, but that seems pretty unlikely to me right now.

Level 8
Oh damn it with you guys :D You make me cry.

The reason why I dont fix it, because it sucks and is nowhere near the Potter I wanted to make.

But ok, Ill promise that if enough guys keep spamming enough request to this thread, Ill make a comeback to wc3 modding after 9th of july ( Its when I get out of jail, lols ) and remake this damn Potter with some stuff you have never seen before.

And of course all the help from all friendly map makers will be appreciated. Its the chance for all us lil noobs to be part of making a damn cool Potter map, no doubt.

Level 4
yea it doesnt suck o_O how can you say that, its the game i miss most and the reason i hate the patch so much :eek:. its the most acruate and fun harry potter game i have found. i simple fix would be fine, but if you think you can make it better all is good :D

the only way i can see you making it better is adding a few fancy modes. like maybe dueling modes and maybe a few spells or ways of harnessing magic, oh yea and of course a few secret passages and tunnels. i would like that sewer one to do something cool :p

Level 8
Gameplay will be basicly the same, but some things like spell behaviour, casting mechanics and other stuff are going to get improved. ( A custom casting system, which basicly makes spell aiming to be less accurate the more you spam. Other cool features, like some minor spell homing thingies might also be introduced. )

Im also planning to add an Apparate spell, as well as some protective magic fields for preventing apparation.

Spells will have much beatiful effects and projectile models. Character models will probably receive at least new animations. ( For example crucio kinda requires a custom one. Looping death animation is fucking ugly. )

( Although now when Lilleri is out of wc3 modding, I need to learn some modelling myself. Help would also be cool, so if you are a modeller I have a need for you )

Items will also be remaked. Some useless ones will be removed most likely. New ones might be added. Elder Wand will be there, although Its probably going to be a buyable item. ( Unique one still of course ) Gold income system will be remaked, and you get some gold over time.

There will be probably be somekind of custom invisibility / stealth system, so you can actually sneak in tall grass or hide behind objects, or use some magic to conceal yourself. This makes ambushing enemies an option.

Terrain is a one thing Id like to get some help with. Current terrain sucks big times, and theres only two viable paths. Sewer way is far too long. Map could even have multiple battlegrounds to choose from ( different terrains for different rounds? ) if I get some help for designing those battle fields.

( This is where me and lilleri had very little experience and where we kinda failed badly )

Theres probably more too. Cant remember all the ideas I had for this map right now.