• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Harry Potter MF v1.2fruitloopmixed

Reactions: Jack_Sparrow93
-HARRY POTTER MAGIC FIGHT-

Okay so this is a new Potter map from Lillerinmuna and Viikuna. Theres two teams in game(death eaters and order of phoenix ofc) and they fight in the hallways of Hogwarts with different cool spells familar from the books. Six players maxium in one team and yeah.

Host(Player one) will set the how many round wins it needed to win the whole game. round can be winned when all players from other team are: killed, stupefied(stunned) or under imperio mindcontrol.

SO YEAH this is [NOT] only the beta version [ANYMORE] so its not very complicated yet, we (me and viikuna) are thinking new items and maybe computer controlled units for this game and maybe couple of new spells coming. I would be very happy if people could post this forum if they play some ideas and feedback about how making this game even better, SO WRITE PLX!:p

Here's two screenies taken from game:

Expelliarmus and Avada spells heading close to poor Death Eater :)

Impedimenta and stupefy spells flying to pack of death eaters.

==============================================================

OUT OF BETA - HPMFv1.0 -

New patch here, the patch includes some visual updates and many different bug fixings. and vendors at map selling four cool magical items : Marauders Map, Invisiblity Cloak, Crystall ball and Weasley Bro's Protego hat. We are still very happy if you can give feedback and ideas for the map if you have. ENJOY!

============================================

[20.5.2008] Update - HPMFv1.0b

New path nothing very big: lower prices for items and some major bug fixing..
This patch will maybe stay kinda long time, but next patch (witch can take a long time) should blow everyones minds cuz it should hold some pretty cool mods and elderwand..

===========================================================

[12.6.2008] Update - HPMFv1.1 -

Yes its here, new potter patch! This patch doesnt include the mod promise i gave earlier, but Elder Wand there sure is and its veeery cool... There is also new item "Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder" so check out what that does.. also some bug fixing again and yeah. LOAD IT & PLAY IT!

============================================

[12.6.2008 night-time] QuickUpdate - HPMFv1.1b -

We had to make new patch cause we saw Viikuna had made hes new things for map to patch witch wasnt the newest but before it so the prises were too expansive and some items dropped false, but its all fixed in this version. Sorry if you loaded the HPMFv1.1 :D

===================================

[12.11.2008] patch - HPMFv1.2

Oookay here is new patch im sorry we told that we wont make new patches cause here is potter again, there are some visual updates and faster spell speeds at this patch and yeah..

im sorry, but the maps name ingame is "Harry Potter MF v1.1fruitloopmixed" cuz i couldnt find any new patch that wasnt protected so i had to use one with that name...

===================================

[3.12.2019] patch - HPMFv1.2 [By IcemanBo, uploaded by Staff Team]
Fixed the map so it is playable in 1.31.

The old version can be found here: Harry Potter MF v1.2fruitloopmixed

Keywords:
Harry, Potter, Harry Potter, Magic, Fight, Magic Fight, Harry Potter Magic Fight, Pussy
Contents

Harry Potter MF v1.1fruitloopmixed (Map)

Reviews
13:30, 22nd Jun 2008 Ash: I downloaded this map thinking it'd be like any other HP fanboy rip -- If you can't tell, I'm not a fan of the series -- however, I was pleasantly surprised. The map, basically, takes ideas from games like Elimination...
Daffa
Map is now playable in 1.31 patch. Edited by IcemanBo to comply with recent patch settings. Weird, it does not register the edits for some reason. Attached original version (which is broken in recent patches).
Level 4
hmm i guess, btw did the patch cause errors in all the old maps triggers, cause i have a feeling all you would have to do was load up the map and save it as a corrected version ;O?

Level 8
Dont actually remember if Potter used return bug. I coded those systems long time ago, and they were quite terrible to be honest.

edit
. Anyways, dont get too exited about the possible version 2.0

Its very unlikely that I will end up doing it alone. I kinda need some cool artist guy to work with me, mostly helping with some modelling stuff I yet dont know how to do, and also with some designing choises and providing ideas for the map.

I can do all the vJassing by myself. I can do some modelling and animating, as well as paint icons and textures for the map. I can do some gsl scripts if those are required for the project.

Its basicly just the modelling where I have no real experience. Also theres still lot of stuff Im not sure about how they should be done, so it would be cool to have some guys to work and design this map with me.

In other words: I do mapping for fun, and I dont like to do it alone. I need some people to work this with me.

Last edited:
Level 9
I love this map, please release something that doesn't fail with the patch, even if it is the same version *patched* !!!!! I really want to play this game again !!!!!

I can only do some cr*p modeling like changing particle emitters, I don't know if u can already do that but I could help/teach u.

Edit: plz answer?

Last edited:
Level 4
Dont actually remember if Potter used return bug. I coded those systems long time ago, and they were quite terrible to be honest.

edit
. Anyways, dont get too exited about the possible version 2.0

Its very unlikely that I will end up doing it alone. I kinda need some cool artist guy to work with me, mostly helping with some modelling stuff I yet dont know how to do, and also with some designing choises and providing ideas for the map.

I can do all the vJassing by myself. I can do some modelling and animating, as well as paint icons and textures for the map. I can do some gsl scripts if those are required for the project.

Its basicly just the modelling where I have no real experience. Also theres still lot of stuff Im not sure about how they should be done, so it would be cool to have some guys to work and design this map with me.

In other words: I do mapping for fun, and I dont like to do it alone. I need some people to work this with me.

I hope you make the new version or atleast fix the old one. Been graving to play this map for a long time.

Level 11
Please state the issues. What exactly does broken refer to?
map cant be hosted after you click to create lobby in battle net it just doesnt work and send you to back to chat, also when you create lobby on single player this happens
upload_2019-11-24_16-7-23.png

I really would like to be able to play this map, i think next patchs of wc3 broke this map. developer of this map is dead so he cant really fix it. this map is protected i tired to unprotect it to see if i can fix it and that whats appears once i try to start map. i dont understant anything of it
upload_2019-11-24_16-10-44.png

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
map cant be hosted after you click to create lobby in battle net it just doesnt work and send you to back to chat, also when you create lobby on single player this happens
Try opening it in the editor and save it with your latest Warcraft III editor, 1.31.1, 1.30.4, something like that. Then try again. That, of course if the map is not protected. If it is maybe someone like @Retera or @TriggerHappy could help out.

EDIT: ah, well, @BizzaroFukuro knows how to fix those but he's been offline for a long time :(

Level 11
Really!? Lol, are you kidding me? And you're asking here XD?
Tell him we miss him!

Well, maps might lose popularity over time, it's normal.
Also, he recently released Paradox. Doesn't he care about that one?
Lol i lied u not on purpose i meant that im on his discord server of mws xd i used wrong word. Bruh idk where to serach for help idk really jass myself i created thread on hive but no one answered

Usually it happens when you replace the file. But maybe it only works for the author.
So @IcemanBo fixed it? Tell me so I would know who to +rep :p
Yes, IcemanBo did it. An SC thread was opened and we agreed to have this updated to support 1.31.

The reason why I changed the main file is to avoid the case of people downloading the map which no longer supported by recent patches. I mean people are less likely to check for comments.

Sure. It's OK I guess. You could have put a link in the map description toward IcemanBo's post containing the attachment or a pastebin link.
Some would argue otherwise. That DOWNLOAD button is tempting after all. I'll attach the original one in my post.