1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hard to kill heroes

Discussion in 'Idea Factory' started by Reon, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Reon

Reon

Resources:
    Resources:
    I may soon start working on a campaign of my own, one question I hsve for the hive modders is: What ability do you suggest I give a hero to make him extremly hard to kill, Ive been told spell immunity and hardened skin. but what are some additional ones

2. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It depends what kind of units the hero might be fighting against. Activatable or passive? Ranged or melee hero? What kind of spells does the hero have? Etc.

3. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Evasion, Wind Walk, Blink, a summon with Taunt, Reincarnation, Divine Shield...

4. Reon

Reon

Resources:
    Resources:
    I woould go mostly with passives, but some actives as well, its supposed to be a melee hero whose spells I haven't decided yet

5. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is it for an AI hero or a player-controlled one?

6. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Spell Shield (Amulet of Spell Shield) and Reincarnation I guess.

Lengthened life regain and armor is also options.

7. Reon

Reon

Resources:
    Resources:
    ai

8. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Then Phase Shift, but with a longer cooldown.

9. Nowow

Nowow

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There's a problem with giving a hero a lot of armor and HP regen from the start - it feels daunting to even try to beat it. Alternatively, you could create two passive abilities based on regeneration ring and ring of protection with multiple levels, and using a trigger change the level according to the hero's current HP. If it has high HP, it is like any normal hero, and if it has low HP, it will regenerate like crazy and be much harder to hit. This gives your hero the illusion of normality while making it difficult to kill.

10. Reon

Reon

Resources:
    Resources:
    what im trying to create is a hero who both looks intimidating and is tough to beat, it might feel daunting but thats the whole point, but I rather give the hero a number of good abilities than 2,000hp, he's supposed to have around 1,500 at lvl 10

@cleavinghammer
    that would not go with the hero's theme

11. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Then what is the theme you want to stick to?

12. Leods

Leods

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is a good idea. You can use that for other abilities, as Evasion (less HP, môre chance). Maybe you should say the concept of the hero, so it will be easier to help you.

13. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    How about a bloodlust-based passive ability (not actual bloodlust) that makes the hero more powerful and durable the more hurt the hero is?

14. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Defend + knockback abilities.

15. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Mirror Image or Life Drain.

16. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    While there a lre a good chunk of ideas to increase the effective hitpoints of the hero, we shoupd also look at other ways to increase the survivability of a hero.

I'm mainly talking about CC abilities or abilities that require movement from the enemy. The less often the ebemy is attacking, the longer the hero survives. And slows play a crucial role here. Thunder clap, or example, is one of the main reasons mountain kings are pretty hard to take down. It creates a threat due to the AOE damage while slowing affected enemies, making them take attack less often. Knokback abilities fall into the same vein.

17. Leods

Leods

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Maybe, you van create a massive damage objective spell, with a velocity of 350 (similar as the velocity of units)
    By this way, the player must decide.if he want to receive massive damage, or lose his time running to evoid the missile.

18. carlvic

carlvic

Resources:
    Resources:
    Make it cast an AOE slow that heals itself, depending on the amount of units around it.

19. Veritas 117

Veritas 117

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is a bit op, but it fits with one of my heroes in my campaign since it’s a single player RPG. It’s a last stand ability that can only be activated when the hero has less than 25% health remaining. When it is used it deals damage to all surrounding enemies equal to the amount of health the caster is missing. It also increases the armor of the caster to allow him to sustain more damage and survive long enough to be healed.

I’m not sure what sort of map you are making, but just thought I’d drop this idea in here.

20. Reon

Reon

Resources:
    Resources:
    the theme is basically of a strong fighter-type hero