• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Happy Thanksgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I know it isnt Thanksgiving for me right now, it was yesterday. But Im thankful for PIE. AND CHEESECAKE. AND FARTING IN MY BRO'S FACE :p Lol CAPS.

Level 10
With Turkey to advertise :)

but seriously Thanksgiving was celebrated by the Indians first I think...then some jacked up ass hole white men came and killed them and raped there women...while eating turkey.

Kind of a wierd holiday, I wonder what Harvest-Day is like.

Level 36
Wikipedia said:
Thanksgiving, or Thanksgiving Day, is a traditional North American holiday to give thanks for the things that one has at the conclusion of the harvest season. Thanksgiving is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States and on the second Monday of October in Canada.

Where at all in there does it say that the holiday was created for killing Indians? Check your facts, it's called THANKS GIVING. GIVING THANKS FOR THE HARVEST. That's why it's at a different time in Canada and the States because our harvest falls at different times due to different climates.

Level 17
Wikipedia said:
In Britain, thanks have been given for successful harvests since pagan times. The celebrations on this day usually include singing hymns, praying and decorating churches with baskets of fruit and food in the festival known as Harvest Festival or Harvest Home or Harvest Thanksgiving or Thanksgiving.

In British churches, chapels, and schools people bring in food from the garden, the allotment or farm. The food is often distributed among the poor and senior citizens of the local community, or used to raise funds for the church, or charity.

In the USA and Canada, the festival is set on a certain day and has become a National Holiday known as Thanksgiving. In North America it has become a national secular holiday with religious origins, but in Britain it remains a Church festival giving thanks to God for the harvest.

That's what Harvest Festival is like, no bloody holidays, no turkey, it's just a boring and religious day where we are begged to bring in money and a piece of fruit. Wow...

Level 45
Easter isn't that bad, as Christians DO celebrate the death and rssurrection of Jesus, but what I don't get is where the hell that fucking bunny came from? I mean how the HELL is the Easter Bunny at all related to Easter?
Its just some weird thing that started, kinda like with santa when people would begin to associate eggs together and having rabbits dressed up with eggs when people were doing egg hunts or some retarded shit....i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.