• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Halo Wars map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Okay, someone has already made this, and it's like footmen frenzy. I want to avoid that. I want to make an RTS-Style halo wars. You build a base a units, and have wars.
IDEAS
Races:
Forerunners
Humans
Covenant
Flood
And of course you all know what units-heroes-whatever is included.
PLEASE POST IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN MAKING THIS MAP!

Level 9
well, see, thats what cool about this map lol. Not every forerunner died off, in theory. If you beat Halo 3 on Legendary like me, and watched the second video at the end where Master Chief is head towards a planet that has this big blue light shining off of it, you'd have some good guesses what it is. Some people think its a forerunner planet, and i choose to believe that only because it makes me think they're gonna make a Halo 4. I doubt it, but we can all dream can't we?

This map also might take place before the first halo was destroyed.

5 Races:
Forerunner
Human
Elites
Covenant
Flood

Level 17
Forerunners died and became extinct THOUSANDS of years before the first Halo took place. And the planet at the end is Reach. The planet you escaped from in the first Halo. It has become a new home for the Flood. It will be for a different Halo Game that isnt an FPS, or isnt the same as the Halo series, it wont be called Halo 4, but the lore will pick up from another game.

I wont tell you how i know this.

And Elites should not be seperate from the covenant, because before the First Halo died, The elites were still part of the Covenant. Furthermore, the flood was not un-covered untill AFTER the first Halo took place, they were sealed off inside the Halo rings and other forerunner testing stations (For example that space station in Halo 2 where you fight the heretic as the arbiter). And also, "Halo Wars" if your making this based off of the RTS, only has 2 races, Covenant, and UNSC. Halo wars takes place on Reach, the planet you escape from in Halo 1.

So your entire plot is wrong, if your trying to base it off of Halo that is.

Omfg... im such a geek

Level 9
omg, no ur not a geek, your a huge help as to how im gonna plan my map. and halo isnt a planet lol.

btw, some retard said that all 6 halos if fired could wipe out the universe, when even the makers themselves say it only wipes out an entire galaxy. besides, the whole entire vast universe? not in a million years even...

Level 7
Halo RTS

Ooh, Actually, i was planning on making this. I am working on it right now and found this when trying to find any models before I used replacements that looked semi-ok from WC3. I created tech trees for the races:
Covenant
Human
Brute
Sentinals
Flood
Each has 11 buildings and 4-8 units. Most infantry units can trade in weapons. Such as when you build a "grunt" from a "grunt hovel" it is equiped with a plasma pistol. However the "grunt hovel" can produce a "grunt armoury" which can be upgraded to supply a grunt with either a needler, fuel rod launcher or plasma grenade. This is in the form where based off the ability channel it replaces the targeted unit with a different type of unit. (In this case each weapon is a different unit type).

Units have ammo based on mana, that has to be manually reloaded. This provides an element of user control, becouse a unit will just sit there unless you reload it. (I may implament auto-reload later) Overheated battery weapons just get mana regain instead of a reload ability.

The brutes and humans have access to equipment. I have devised how all of them work based on the WC3 ability editor.
Tripmine: Goblin land mine ability
Regenerator: Healing Ward
Bubble Shield: Big bad Vodoo
Energy Drain: Eithor a health drain aura or just damage
Flare: Based off warstomp and stuns all nearby units for a few secondes
Radar Jammer: Creates an artificial night that shortans sightrange

Anyways if your interested I'll post what i have for tech trees. (Don't want to type it out unless I have too)

Level 7
I really only have a little done in the editor, ive been making the basic triggers. When I get done with a few of the Covanent units and buildings, ill email it to you or something to show you what my idea was.
Otherwise I have all weapons, units, upgrades and structures for each of the races written out on paper.
Anyway, let me get back to you after I get enough done so you can see what ive been doing.

Level 2
If you guys need any more help im happy to help you out
I'm good with the object editor, custom abilities and whatnot, ok with triggers but it looks like you got some good ones there with new unit for the new weapon sort of thing. Do you have any of the skins or models? I would try to make some but i don't know how :hohum:
Well just send me an email if you want some more help :thumbs_up:
[email protected]

Level 7
Ok, im almost done with a playable demo for you guy(s). There's the first tier covanant done-ish. There are still a few bugs I'm fixing otherwise things like models, graphics of buffs, names, sounds, stats can be changed. I didn't add a system of income yet, but i was thinking of something like DOW, where you capture controll points. I set up somthing very basic for you to fool around with.
I made a quick AI, that gives you an enemy to verse.
Also note, i did not add everybuilding that you can get early game. I still need to make a turret structure.
Anyway, it will be done tommorow (Jan / 18 / 08). I have Midterms in the morning, so Ill finish it and post it up at velex27.googlepages.com sometime after 12.
I'll post here as well, so you get the memo.
--------------------------------------------------------
Well its 5:00 in the morning and im up, so here is where you can DL what i've made.
http://velex27.googlepages.com/home

Last edited:
Level 2
Wow looks good, I would be willing to help if you would have me. I played the first 2 halo games and I'm quite familiar with all the units and guns (in the first 2 games). I didn't pay a lot attention to the storyline but I know the basics. I would be willing to help with everything including testing, my strong suit is my triggering. I have a lot of time to work on it and I should be available any day you would need to get a hold of me.

Level 7
Sure i can use anyones help. There so much gruelling labor of implimenting new units. I acually am going on a ski trip this weekend, and may not be able to work much on it. If Lyle. or whoever can add a few more covenant units, that would be helpful. Ill layout a system of what to do.
1>Create the basic unit with default weapon
-Add Reload Ability (3, 6, 9, 12 seconds)
2>Create the building it comes from
-Add building to bulder's build menu
-Add unit to "Units Produced" of building
3>Create all weapon varients of the unit
-Add Reload Ability
-Create abilities for equiping weapons (base off other equip abilities)
4>Create Trigger for equiping weapon (Try to keep them Organized)
5>Create a weapon stash type building for that unit
-Create a weapons stash upgrade for each weapon type
-Set "X-Unit" Weapon stash to be upgraded from default weapon stash
5> Test and make sure I didn't miss any steps (Or you)

Heres the Unit Data for Units I need Added:
1)Covenant Center level 2
-Upgrades from center one
2) Elite
Weapon: Carbine (Cooldown: .5 / Ammo: 10 (Mana) / Damage: 15 / Reload: 6
Health: 330
Movement: 300
Model: I imported an elite model, work with that
Upgradeable weapons: Energy Sword
EnergySword: (Cool: 2 / Ammo: none (No reload) / Damage: 100)
Requirements: Covenant Center level 2
3) Make upgrade for Elite at production building for Cloak (Inviso)
4) Add a defense tower type building
5) If you can find better models for any unit or building, inside or outside WC3, feel free to change it. (it can always be changed back)
Email me the New map if you work on it at : [email protected]
I'll be back from my trip, Monday noon-ish.

Level 7
So did anyone do anything while I was gone? Or at least any new ideas? Or should I just make this myself.

Oh, Rocky!
New Elite model, perhapse it will work better than the other one i imported. (It has no attachment points) :(

Last edited:
Level 7
Ok, I already did the Elite and furthered the tech tree. We need to brainstorm Resource Ideas, if anyone has suggestions. I was thinking something like DOW, where you have to controll points to gather resources.

Also if anyone wants to comment on the tech tree for covenant:
-Covenant Center(1) >>> Covenant Center(2) >>> Covenant Center(3)
-Power Generator [Produces 6 Food Supply]
-Plasma Turret
-Grunt hovel (Requires: CC1) > Grunt (Plasma Pistol)
--Grunt weapon supplyer >>> Needler Supplyer (R: CC2), Sticky Supplyer: (R:CC1), Fuel Rod Launcher Supplyer (R: CC3)
-Jackal Spire (Requires: Grunt Hovel) > Jackal (Plasma Pistol)
--Jackal Weapon Stash >>> Energy Shield Supplyer (R:CC1), Beam Rifle Supplyer (R:CC3)
-Elite Training Center (Requires CC2) > Elite (Plasma Rifle)
--Elite Weapon Stash >>> Carbine Supplyer(CC2), Sword Supplyer(CC3)
-Drone Mound (Requires CC2) > Drone (Buzzer) (Plasma Pisol) (Has Fly(Blink) Ability)
-Hunter Den (Requires CC3) > Hunter (Preset Plasma Cannon & Shield)

-Ghost Factory (Requires CC2) [Researches Boost] > Ghost
-Spectre Factory (Requires Ghost Factory) > Spectre
-Wraith Factory (Requires CC3) [Researches Boost, Turret] > Wraith
-Banshee Factory (Requires CC3) [Researches Boost, Banshee Bomb]

Last edited:
Level 7
Ok, Questions I need awnsered:

1) Is the Dawn of War style of gathering resources good. (Capturing control points to gain resources)
2) What resources should there be?
3) Should both types of resources be gained from controlling points
4) How many players should be supported? Should I have multiple areas that you can have a game in. Like different fields for different amounts of players?
EX: 1 on 1 forrest area / 2 on 2 desert area / FFA Ice area
5) Should there be hero units (Such as: Spartans, Brute Chieftans, Gold Elites) with leveling?
6) Do you like the covenant tech tree layout. Would it be better if tiers wern't established by HQ level.

Any other ideas you guys have?

Level 9
Ok, Questions I need awnsered:

1) Is the Dawn of War style of gathering resources good. (Capturing control points to gain resources)
2) What resources should there be?
3) Should both types of resources be gained from controlling points
4) How many players should be supported? Should I have multiple areas that you can have a game in. Like different fields for different amounts of players?
EX: 1 on 1 forrest area / 2 on 2 desert area / FFA Ice area
5) Should there be hero units (Such as: Spartans, Brute Chieftans, Gold Elites) with leveling?
6) Do you like the covenant tech tree layout. Would it be better if tiers wern't established by HQ level.

Any other ideas you guys have?

1)Yes it is.
2)Resoruces are fine.
3)Yes.
4)I'd say a huge map, but give option at start to choose FFA or Teams. I'll do the trigg for you.
5)Heroes should be actual characters, not units. (Profit of Truth, Spartan-117, Seargant John, The Arbiter, ect)
6)it's fine, but idk

2 posts to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.