• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Halo Elite WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a peak on a long expected model that i have been working on.

Around 1500 faces (a couple hundred more than the jackal).
The head beneath the helmet is also modeled and textured, to support other helmet types (such as honor guard).

The model will come both in static colors with TC details (for those of you who want to use subclasses), and as a full-armor TC.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Just for fun trivia, i thought i would post the first version of the elite that i made way back, just as i started modeling in 3ds max. Yes, it was crap, so brace yourselves:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ScreenShot1115.png
    ScreenShot1115.png
    200 KB · Views: 3,922
  • ScreenShot1116.png
    ScreenShot1116.png
    348 KB · Views: 2,158
  • ScreenShot1117.png
    ScreenShot1117.png
    115.5 KB · Views: 1,056
  • ScreenShot1118.png
    ScreenShot1118.png
    129.5 KB · Views: 1,773
Is this a lowpoly model?

Yes, i would call it a lowpoly model. The legs are hexagons, and the arms are squares and pentagons. Polycount can be compared to that of the wc3 knight, if you exclude the helmet.

@xRiotZx: lol yea, he should still finish it though, for a lower poly version!
He has been asking me about this for ages, so i am sure he is not dissapointed.

EDIT: Try theese ones for size:

Elite Zealot:

attachment.php

Elite Ultra:

attachment.php

I am keeping the different armor layers on separate layers so that it is easy to change gradient for them, much like you do in halo 3 with your character. I was thinking of maybe including the photoshop file with the model for convenience, if you want to change colors yourself.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1119.png
    ScreenShot1119.png
    192.4 KB · Views: 1,713
  • ScreenShot1120.png
    ScreenShot1120.png
    170.9 KB · Views: 1,163
Last edited:
Level 22
Yes, i would call it a lowpoly model. The legs are hexagons, and the arms are squares and pentagons. Polycount can be compared to that of the wc3 knight, if you exclude the helmet.

@xRiotZx: lol yea, he should still finish it though, for a lower poly version!
He has been asking me about this for ages, so i am sure he is not dissapointed.

EDIT: Try theese ones for size:

Elite Zealot:

attachment.php

Elite Ultra:

attachment.php

I am keeping the different armor layers on separate layers so that it is easy to change gradient for them, much like you do in halo 3 with your character. I was thinking of maybe including the photoshop file with the model for convenience, if you want to change colors yourself.

Based on the variation, I need to make a recommendation.

Donut_7.JPG

If I recall correctly that's what they are called...

Just wanna say this is fuckin awesome. Can't wait to see its anims (if you'd like some suggestions...). Of course, it is different to mine; yours is based on the Halo 2 elite whereas mine was based on the Reach one.

Sadly, I've quit Wc3 modding almost entirely, and instead of trying to bring Halo into Warcraft, I've decided to just play Halo. Also, without a proper modelling software, I find it incredibly difficult and tedious to make meshes.

Anyways, I am definitely not disappoint!

Yes, i would be delighted to get suggestions for animations, i have just finished rigging it now and am trying to make some kind of animation checklist for myself.

This is what i got so far:

*stand (with alterations)
*walk
*attack (with missile weapon)
*stand ready
*spell slam (where he looses it and goes GWAAARGH)
*spell throw (grenade)
*death
*stand alternate (with sword)
*attack alternate (--//--)
*stand victory (for when the unit jumps down from a dropship)

and uhm... yeah, that is all i can think of for now. Feel free to give suggestions!

My intention was to make separate small models for the shield that i would attach to individual attachment points on the model, that in combination with a custom shield system would play when the unit is hit. The models would be oblong bubbles wrapped with a more elusive shield texture, like the one seen here. I also planned on doing a custom particle sprite of about 8 frames or so, for the flickering effect that shows when the shield is down.

I am not 100% sure about the practical use of crouch anims (unless you are doing a fps game), but melee anim and two-handed stuff sounds fair.

I drew a little picture here. I tried to google what I wanted but had no luck. Basically, I think that if you were to make the highlights very strong and then blend into the mid-tones over a very small area, it would look more like metal.

The right side of the image would be more like what you have done. The highlights fade out over a much larger area.

Attachments

• cornflakes.png
    cornflakes.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 267
Status
Not open for further replies.