• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Halo 3: could have been better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Halo 3 is not very good i think, Halo 2 and the origanal Halo are the best, there are many things wrong with Halo 3:

-Scarab tank is too easy. I took the two scarabs near the end with a gauss warhog, shot out its legs, got up on a ridge so the gunner can shoot out the back plate. (he was too stupid to) so i got out, got at an angle where i can see the core ever so slightly, shot it a few times with a freaken pistol and it blew up... plus the Scarab doesn't have enough weopons on it.

-Marine AI. It has improved in one way but became bad in another. the good is they dont just die so easily like in Halo 1 and 2, they stay alive for alot longer. But their driving AI sucks! i was following a tank while in my warthog, when ahead to blow a few people up, came back and the tank stopped for no reason i could see, so i had to get out take the tank and was forced to play the easy way through a level. And their shooting AI sucks horribly, im riding around in an Mongoose ATV with 4 others who had rocket launchers, i drive up to the AA wraith, he blows it up, a chopper lands right next to me, and the marine shot a rocket at it, killing the chopper, himself and also me...

-Scorpion tank has no machine gun! WTF?!? it may have a machine gun but you cant operate it, a marine in front has to and they suck at shooting, make the machine gun like it was in Halo 2 for gods sake. i see no reason why to get rid of it.

-Odd...things is all i can call it. this happened to me twice. im near the end of the level, and i accidentaly drive off the cliff and explode, well apparently i got a check point in mid air...so i die, i revert to last checkpoint where im in mid air, fall and blow up, this happens 10 times until im convinced that i can get out of it, so im forced to quit.

-the flood are cool but, the freaken needlers, those guys that attach them selves to the roof, hang upside down and shoot you repeatedly is just incredebly annoying and stressful, worse, they dont die!!! i shoot them 15 times and its still there, GOD DAMMIT DIE!!!

i have solutions for all of them, if you want to hear them.

Halo 3 has an insane amount of polish and effort put into it.

It's also the most fun I've ever had with video games. From the first jungle level to the end, it was awesome. The weapons have impact, the graphics are nice (and occasionnally mind-blowing) and the story is just epic.

Though I agree that the scarabs were too easy and not common enough. A giant flood-scarab would have been awesome though.

Level 4
I seriously thought Halo 2 was better than three. Sure, you can get diffrent armour and helmets online, but whats the point when all you want is better gameplay not shiny ass graphics that make you go blind everytime you face in their general direction. If I were to rate Halo 3 I'd give it a 4/10. I don't know why I liked two better, probally because the game play (to me) feels a little bit smoother and the shininess isn't as shiny.

One last thing,

The idea for forge wasn't bad at all, although it still could have been better. I didn't like how I couldn't place any man cannons in any of the bigger levels.

Level 8
Halo 2 was better. Forge is cool (he, I found out how to easily move the Elephant Tank accross the level, and even get it ontop of the highest spire!), but not really balenced. Now soem guns are the same as old ones, but just look different. The sword is now usless with the gravity hammer (other than more ammo, but you still rush forward with both).

I never really liked the auto-aim thing. Its anoying sometimes, plus makes the game require slightly less skill.

Level 31
Halo 3 had TERRIBLE AI for allies. Halo 3 is great for multyplay but it sucks for singleplayer. There is only 9 levels... People always say, "Put it on hard!" or "There are missions inside the missions!". Republic Commando had 34 levels with 10 missions or so in each, that and you had a squad that was smart. And, if you put it on hard, its still the same levels.

Republic Commando was MUCH better than Halo 3 for sure. Halo 2 was kinda short, as well as Halo 1. Halo 2 was ok though.

Level 7
Forge is cruel, it's like giving you a pie but only letting you take a bite. If people could make their own maps, instead of just semi-edit current ones.... it would be so awesome. A big, mainstream game with no hosting problems and custom maps...

[RAINBOW]awesome[/RAINBOW]

Level 17
Halo 3 is not very good i think, Halo 2 and the origanal Halo are the best, there are many things wrong with Halo 3:
You fail. Halo 2 was not better than 3.

-Scorpion tank has no machine gun! WTF?!? it may have a machine gun but you cant operate it, a marine in front has to and they suck at shooting, make the machine gun like it was in Halo 2 for gods sake. i see no reason why to get rid of it.
Do you think it has a machine gun or not? Seriously, don't contradict yourself mid sentence.

-Odd...things is all i can call it. this happened to me twice. im near the end of the level, and i accidentaly drive off the cliff and explode, well apparently i got a check point in mid air...so i die, i revert to last checkpoint where im in mid air, fall and blow up, this happens 10 times until im convinced that i can get out of it, so im forced to quit.
Restart the level? Seriously, it doesn't take very long, and it's your own fault for driving off the edge of a cliff, anyways.

-the flood are cool but, the freaken needlers, those guys that attach them selves to the roof, hang upside down and shoot you repeatedly is just incredebly annoying and stressful, worse, they dont die!!! i shoot them 15 times and its still there, GOD DAMMIT DIE!!!
Not every enemy in every video game dies in 2 hits. Some are more resistant, FUCKING live with it.

i have solutions for all of them, if you want to hear them.
If you have solutions then why the fuck are you complaining? Don't fucking post half the thought. Why do you even bother writing that if you don't post the solutions with the problems? You fail epically.

Last of all, learn to fucking spell and use proper grammar!

Level 34
umm.... don't flame. You've been warned.

hvo said:
You fail. Halo 2 was not better than 3.
You fail. That's opinion not fact. Treat it that way.

Do you think it has a machine gun or not? Seriously, don't contradict yourself mid sentence.
It was a poor sentence, but it made sense. He said that players cannot operate the machine gun on the scorpion tank. AI has to do it, and according to him they suck at it.

Restart the level? Seriously, it doesn't take very long, and it's your own fault for driving off the edge of a cliff, anyways.
Some people prefer their games to work properly. I agree that it in no way lessens the game (one small glitch; unless it happens a lot, then it's a problem).

If you have solutions then why the fuck are you complaining? Don't fucking post half the thought. Why do you even bother writing that if you don't post the solutions with the problems? You fail epically.
Obviously his solutions are not going to fix anything, so he can only complain.

Level 4
Some one awhile back said that the was going to be a Halo 4 and then someone else said there's not. I just want to clarify I've heard somewhere that they're going to make a Halo Wars thing. I'm pretty sure it's just a multiplayer type of thing that the online players are going to be interested in buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.