• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Half done map giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I've been working on some map with my brother and we put in a lot of work but we stopped working on it for about 5 months and were probably not going to continue it. Anyway, its got the terrain half done as well as about half the units, half the triggers and half of everything else.

What it has now is: A big map if Israel-Palestine and its neighbors (half colored, does not include small rivers and height differences), barracks that produce marines (both are very small, in fact its only about X7-10 the real life size compared to the map), zoom in/out commands, trees that give a defense auras, one side's houses already stationed where they were supposed to be historically in 1947 (as in a lot of them in city's a few of them in villages) while the other sides houses are ready but not stationed (both of them give income).

What I wanted to add further was mainly artillery (+mortars), tanks, bunkers (easy to make) and supply trucks for both sides.

The game was supposed to take part in the second part of the the 1947 Arab-Israeli war (aka 'Israel's independence' war or by other people, the 'catastrophe') right when the British Empire's last soldiers left and Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, Syria and Lebanon all invaded the new UN approved countries of Palestine and Israel. In reality, the war was mainly about securing the supply roads while air and navy power weren't much use. The Arab side had good use of artillery and tanks, unlike the Israeli side that had better infantry and organization.

The players were supposed to be: North Israel, Central Israel, South Israel VS Syria+Lebanon+Norther Palestinians militias, Jordan+Iraq+central Palestinians militias, Egypt+Muslim brotherhood+Southern Palestinian militias (including Sudan).

I also wanted to add some planes later on, some events, special speed changing terrains and some other infantry units (like Sniper). Navy could also be nice but it would be really hard to do and historically it mattered even less then air power (only a few small and old ships for all sides together). In reality each player should have had about 1000 units at his strongest hour so looking everything is about X10 smaller then 100 units per player should have been OK. The technology was mostly early ww2ish.

Historically, at the time the game starts the war was supposed to be extremely balanced and no one really know who would win until months later.

Well I really wanted to finish this map but like I said, its been about 5 months already and I'm probably not going to touch it ever again. So whoever wants it tell me and I'll send it to him. All I'm asking is some credits when its done and you can do whatever you want with what I did so far (yes I would be happy if someone continued my idea but its no requirement). I would just hate to so my work go down the garbage...

Level 1
Ok then I attached it. Hope this gets to see light, sc2 needs more good strategy games.

Attachments

• 1947 war.SC2Map
    232.8 KB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.