1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Gulf War1.3.1 Desert Storm

Submitted by Ham Ham
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This is the BETA version of my Gulf War map.

I have created this game by many reasons.
People told that my WW3 map was so complex and hard to understand, so, I have created this one, thats much simpler. You get credits mining oil, and the mission is to destroy the enemy cities. Very simple.

Although, this map has AI for computer players, my fixed Aircraft system, and a new system made by me, that allow tanks to fire while moving. I hope you will enjoy it.

Basic Game Concept:
- Get resources sending your laborers to mine on Oilfields
- Destroy the enemy cities.
- If an unit runs out of ammo, send it back to a Supply Depot to reload his weapon.

Have Fun!

More units will be added on the next versions.

Keywords:
War, Desert, Iraq, Modern Warfare, Gulf, Desert Storm
Contents

Gulf War1.3.1 Desert Storm (Map)

Reviews
15:01, 21st Nov 2009, by Rui(#53): «I think this map has potential; balance issues aside, it is somewhat fun and certainly original and is enchanted by the good choice of imports. Right now, however, it needs revision. My rating is 2,5 / 5.»
  1. adnan3

adnan3

Resources:
    Resources:
    god that you fixed the scud bug but mirages fighters still dont require mana, please fix it

2. 1st_acc

1st_acc

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well i have a big problem
    its that the bombers they dont do anything when i play they just fly over and get them selfs killed
    no bombs nothing i think having a button that makes teh bombs fall like in ur WW3 map
    or maybe the map i played was mod..... but anyways it should be press this button 6 bombs fall then u need to refill ur bombers

{EDIT}
    oh yeah and great map

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2009
  3. Hugomath

Hugomath

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, i just wanna say very good map!The best thing in this map are the models and freatures like if you kill an enemy citizen you may earn some gold and the system of the tank firing while moving is the BEST THING ON THIS MAP:thumbs_up:!

Just one more thing. When i play with AI and in create too much aircrafts its start to lag.:sad:

BUT STILL... VeRy GoOd MaP:infl_thumbs_up: 5/5

4. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Gulf War 1.3.0 Desert Storm Updates

- Tank attack is graphicaly improved; when the tank attacks something, you can see the fire coming from the cannon, and now, after they leave the combat, their turrets will back to default rotation.

- Added an attack system to helicopters similliar to the tank one, allowing helicopters to attack even while moving.

- Fixed a weird bug that could make units to die sudently.

5. Tha Flamestorm

Tha Flamestorm

Resources:
    Resources:
    YAY, So uh, latest ver?=D

6. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Maybe the last "1". version.
    On the next version, I plan to make 2.0.0: A completely new game.

7. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool. What are you planing to do?

8. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Change just everything. Wait and you will see.

9. Svenska_0rmen

Svenska_0rmen

Resources:
    Resources:
    Could you link or tell me where you got those Doodad buildings? they are awesome.

10. Master of Eagles

Master of Eagles

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have played your map.It is very good and i loved it.But there are things which can be fixed to make map better.
    First of all about tank Zulfiqar-3. Zulfiqar is an iranian main battle tank based on T-72. Zulfiqar-3 is a new generation of it and was not designed during gulf war.Also iran never exported Zulfiqar to most of arabian countries and had only 100 tanks in the year 2001. So remove them please from arabian countries.
    The second thing is about leadernames. They are wrong. These are the rulers during the gulf war

Saddam hussein: Iraq
    Jaber al sabah: Kuwait
    Hosni mubarak: Egypt
    King fahd: Saudi Arabia
    Hafez al asaad: Syria
    Hashemi rafsanjani: Iran
    Stepan karapetovich pogosyan: Armenia
    Turgut Özal: Turkey
    Elias Hrawi: Lebanon
    Ezer Weizman: Israel
    King Hussein: Jordan

Last thing is about borders which are not good. And there is a county in eastern caspian named Turkmenistan. You gave all of its are to Taliban.
    Fix these things please and your map will be the best modern map i have ever played.

11. Tha Flamestorm

Tha Flamestorm

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok ham ham, now that you have some good setting on nuclear sunrise, maybe you should continue working on this? i mean, not on a minor scale lol.

12. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually, if you haven't heard, Ham Ham is leaving WC3 modding permamently... he will just finish WW3...

13. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Actualy I still have lots of things to do before leaving. I will release an open source of gulf war map soon, and with the things that Master of Eagles mentioned.

14. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Rui's review for "Gulf War Desert Storm" (1.3.1) by Han Han

"Gulf War Desert Storm" is a Modern Warfare and Offense-type map combined with a few Risk elements which attempts to portray, like the name indicates, the Gulf war.

On this map, created by Han Han, you play one of many countries or organisations, from the United States to Iraq and Al-Qaeda. The objective is to capture your enemies' structures.

The game's ambient is good. While playing, you'll be listening to imported music instead of Warcraft III's regular soundtrack. In addition to that, you'll see custom models for buildings and units which fit nicely. Trees themselves, as well as neutral structures, are custom.

This set makes up the terrain; the rest of it is composed of sand, dirt, and sometimes Rock Spires here and there (with unadjusted height, unfortunately). Perhaps some elevation could make a final touch?

On gameplay terms, I can no longer congratulate the author.

Han Han (tried to) implement(ed) a custom attack system which forces the units to have mana in order to attack; mana represents their ammunition. The system failed to perform well on airplanes; these wouldn't be able to attack if their mana was upgraded. Still, it was a good step towards originality.

The game became a laggy later game. This is why the ammo system, as well as the airplanes constant movement system left me with doubts regarding its functionality (the latter was also annoying; at least an option to land it on the airport should have been implemented). If the triggers are leak-free or not, the question remains.

What displeased me most was, however, the game's balance. First of all, the Oil (Gold) available is too much in comparison to the amount needed to train units, vehicles and aircraft. Second, the mechanical units are too cheap. The game I played ended up with mass aircraft. Because of the fact units cannot attack aircraft (there are few things which can, I should note), its overuse is encouraged. I managed to get my hands on over 5000 Oil while tanks and bombing planes' costs range from 50 to 150.

Yet another thing which bugged me were a pack of trucks sending nuclear missiles into my base. I could say they're imbalanced but you'd probably say I didn't use my oil, and well, it's a fact. But I still believe they are, as I've already said, too easily acquirable; these things actually destroyed a conquerable building... instead of capturing it.

Overall, I think this map has potential; balance issues aside, it is somewhat fun and certainly original and is enchanted by the good choice of imports. Right now, however, it needs revision. Bugs, green icons (F11 Allies panel, lumber icon), and spelling need to be revised. Suggested players could also be a little more informative...

My rating is 2,5 out of 5, rounding up to 3 (Acceptable). I tested this map online with CloudWolf, CloudMax, Infinitynexus, OffGraphic, and DonDustin.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  15. SnaKy

SnaKy

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    played with cpu, good game, nice models and so on, but need some fixes as ppl said

16. lol_lam3r1

lol_lam3r1

Resources:
    Resources:
    bug the al queada or watever the multi roll plane can still fire when the mana is 0

17. Hugomath

Hugomath

Resources:
    Resources:
    So what are you planing to change in the map until you release a new version? Just suggestion: Maybe the helicopters and the tanks attack system on the HMMWV?

18. psipenge

psipenge

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks nice i tried with 11 computers and have to say really hard against them, you could fix it i think bocause they start with 9000 gold if i saw right and they nearly instantly attacked me when i had like no money at all.
    Apart from little fix-needs i think it will be a really good map.
    EDIT: I found out that infantry owns everything except planes.

19. Darkkranko

Darkkranko

Resources:
    Resources:
    You could still improve the computer players.
    Example: you can build a huge army right into your friends base and declare war and they do not react to your forces until the war.

20. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    WHAT?! Do you know how hard that is? And unneceseary. Even standart Warcraft 3 (or even Starcraft 2) AI doesn't do that. It's not Civilization 5 you know.