1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Gulf War1.3.1 Desert Storm

Submitted by Ham Ham
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This is the BETA version of my Gulf War map.

I have created this game by many reasons.
People told that my WW3 map was so complex and hard to understand, so, I have created this one, thats much simpler. You get credits mining oil, and the mission is to destroy the enemy cities. Very simple.

Although, this map has AI for computer players, my fixed Aircraft system, and a new system made by me, that allow tanks to fire while moving. I hope you will enjoy it.

Basic Game Concept:
- Get resources sending your laborers to mine on Oilfields
- Destroy the enemy cities.
- If an unit runs out of ammo, send it back to a Supply Depot to reload his weapon.

Have Fun!

More units will be added on the next versions.

Keywords:
War, Desert, Iraq, Modern Warfare, Gulf, Desert Storm
Contents

Gulf War1.3.1 Desert Storm (Map)

Reviews
15:01, 21st Nov 2009, by Rui(#53): «I think this map has potential; balance issues aside, it is somewhat fun and certainly original and is enchanted by the good choice of imports. Right now, however, it needs revision. My rating is 2,5 / 5.»
  1. foamy125

foamy125

Resources:
    Resources:
    very good map, i've told you over MSN all the issues with it. hopefuly you fix all the bugs tomarrow :p. i'll update you on bugs when the new version comes out :p

2. bnw2000

bnw2000

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes alot of lag....maybe because of the plane triggering and stuff....lol

Also upgrades for workers (oil carrying) doesnt work :(

And arab soldiers vs armerican solders , the damage the same ,range the same , hp the same. Although marines have crit , the price means massed arab soldiers will pwn

Should put more oil mines near US base

3. Tau Empire

Tau Empire

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My turn to review this map. (Didn't try multiplayer so I can't say about lag issues and stuff.)

The Goods

- Music of the map fits perfectly with it.
    - AI in single player.
    - When vehicules/aircraft dies it goes on fire makes it more realistic.
    - Ammo system more realistic.
    - Inaccurate artillery fire/ not homing tank shells, again more realistic.
    - Capture enemy buildings is fun.
    - Genocide feature is fun.

The Bads/Bugs

- Didn't try all heroes but American General Ressurection mana is 200 his max mana was 150 at lvl 10.
    - Not to many units in this.

Suggestions

- Americans could use a spy satellite (far sight) ability.
    - Not sure if this was added or not a chemical weapons lab and unlock a biological weapon solider (he can infect them with his weapon, but are really expensive).
    - Add more units like a sniper, heavy MG gunner, HUMVEEs, suicide bombers, SEALs, and maybe Mercenaries.

That's all I got to say about this map for now.

4. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the suggestions.

This is still just a BETA. More things are gonna to be added (and most of what you suggested).

For the 0.3.0 update:
    - I have added a better AI for single-player. Now the computer players will do cordinated attacks, build structures, repair damaged buildings, and, if you destroy an enemy building, the AI will attemp to reconstruct it.

- Fixed Heroes mana bugs.

- New Units:
    Dirt Blender
    Supply Convoy

5. Conlan

Conlan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You say Turkey is an ally of the USA??? And committed genocide on Armenia??? You know nothing

6. Tau Empire

Tau Empire

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well Turkey is more neutral to US than allies, so honestly they could fight each other some day. I don't remember much about the Gulf War, but was it suppost to be the shortest one in history, like around 100 hours or something like that?

7. InfiniteSeven

InfiniteSeven

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well historical issues aside, this map is great. The AI is fun to play against when you're alone and they can be challenging, the gameplay system is impressive, the unit models are well-used and the game is well balanced and fun.

But, there were some issues. Lag was probably a major problem, though I didn't lag that much. I believe the heroes are a bit too strong, for example the American General (for me) single handedly took out the AI's defences and pretty much won the battle for me to take Baghdad. The tool tips and the icons and such should be better organised and really should be more informative. Also, flame throwers tend to get killed by the flaming tanks until you specifically order them to stay back (Which is annoying). Oh and I believe the oil receive upgrade isn't working.

I can suggest probably more diversity in nations so they're more different. And I don't remember flame throwers being used in the Gulf War...

Other than that, the map is really good and to me, deserves a 4/5.

- Infinite

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  8. Tau Empire

Tau Empire

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It could be a alternated Gulf War i guess, plus Osama Bin Ladden HP was 80 when I started with him and i think 3-4 damage. So anything from a tank to a artillery can kill him.

9. InfiniteSeven

InfiniteSeven

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bin Laden does 8-8 damage and his stats seem to be the weaker of the heroes. But in any case I probably should have said my hero was about level 4-5ish when I took over Baghdad. But even still at level 1 they can take down infantry pretty quickly and they can deal a lot of damage and (especially with the grenade) can take down defences and armored targets on later levels, which I think should be rebalanced a bit.

Maybe instead of direct combat ability, the Heroes should have more stragetic abilities such as auras or support abilities because it doesn't seem right that the leaders of the forces should be actually battling.

Anyway onto other things...

I think by the Tu-17 bomber you mean the Tu-16 since I don't think Tu-17 existed (Might be wrong). And I don't think America used a Soviet-era bomber.

10. Discohydra

Discohydra

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmmm are the MLRS's balanced? When i played 0.2.0, The MLRS's could keep a nation under firestorm.

11. InfiniteSeven

InfiniteSeven

Resources:
    Resources:
    When I played 0.3.0, the MLRS weren't exactly the best way to keep a nation suppressed, since they cost a lot of oil (100 per MLRS) and their ability requires 100 mana which couldn't be resupplied by a supply truck, meaning they fire once, and they have to retreat to supply depot.

- Infinite

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  12. Tau Empire

Tau Empire

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    MLRS are the perfect thing to attack a enemy city before sending in troops in since most of the things will be dead and the soliders will finish the job off. The lag isen't the MLRS since Iran used 12 MRLS and massed attacked me lol. But I notice a little lag during tank fights.

13. Discohydra

Discohydra

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bugs:
    AI don't use aircraft.
    AI don't attack often later in the game.
    AI Is not applied to RED
    M270 MLRS is a tech requirement for the M1A1
    M270 MLRS is a tech requirement for the Supply convoy.
    Supply convoys do not recharge the MLRS
    Aircraft system is kind of weird, When you force an attack move, it just patrols around the area. It wont move. 45% of the time.

Suggestions: Ignore the ones i said in MSN, that's just crazy talk
    Make the M270 MLRS fire 6-8 shots instead of 4, And have each shot only deal 200(6)-100(8)
    Keep AstrosII as is
    Make the Iran/Iraq/Lebanon/Armenia artillery fire only 1 missile, with a big boom (300-450AoE, 2.5k Damage), then rename it the SCUD launcher.
    In the later future, make a balance so that a tank can survive an M270 or Astros II shot.
    In the later future, Make a balance so that an APC an survive only a M270 shot.

Edit:
    ________

I miss the old BM-30 missile projectile.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  14. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Map Updated!

{EDIT}
    The 1.0.0 had a terrible bug! It wasnt working on multi-player! But I have fixed it now.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2009
  15. Tau Empire

Tau Empire

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for that note on the bug.

16. Discohydra

Discohydra

Resources:
    Resources:
    BUG:
    SCUD Launchers have infinite ammo, launching does not consume ammo.

17. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I think it needs few things more:
    1.Carpet bombers. Huge damage area, expensive, medium damage.
    2.Saboteurs\Special ops.
    3.Mass destructions weapons. Not only a nuke, but and chemical weapons and napalm too. They are forbiden, just like genocide, and enemy can easly sabotage or steal it.

18. adnan3

adnan3

Resources:
    Resources:
    dude, im not sure what version it is but the 1.0.0 version scuds dont drain mana at shot and neither does planes, actualy i think it is this version since another complained bout it, could u try make a -neutral command feuture so u can be allied without vision, and its kinda anoying thatin begining north side is allied and south side is allied, cant you make all sides being neutral in begining, allied no vision, like desert storm, that would be great. this version didnt lagg at all like your older versions but with the bugged scuds with inifinitive ammo il wait to play this when u fix it on next update

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  19. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is the new version.
    I fixed the SCUD and fighters ammo bug thing, and grapicaly improved tank attacks.

20. onyxja

onyxja

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good map but a too litle units and on this game you dont need strategy just oil =(