• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GUI Triggered Spell Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
  • Reap Soul
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • ((Dying unit) has buff Reaped Soul (Info)) Equal to True
          • ((Dying unit) has buff Reaped Soul (Stacking)) Equal to True
          • ((Dying unit) has buff Reaped Soul (Non-stacking)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Killing unit) has an item of type Mallet of 1000 Souls) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set ReapedSoulCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (ReapedSoulCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)
            • If - Conditions
              • ReapedSoulCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] Equal to 5
            • Then - Actions
              • Set ReapedSoulCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = 0
              • Hero - Modify Strength of (Killing unit): Add 1
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
Ok, so thats my trigger for an item ability called "Soul Reap," the base for the spell is slow posion which works fine, applies buffs and such normally. But every time I kill 5 guys I don't get the strength bonus from the trigger.. Any ideas?

Level 4
I suppose I could just take those buffs out and it would likely work..if killing unit has the item then they oviously had the buff.. guess I'm just being an idiot :p

Level 4
So like.. I changed it to the following and it still doesn't work, and I don't think its all the variable stuff and what not because I took that out completly and just left it as killing unit has item= my item and then add 1 str.. well I think its the "Hero - Modify Strength of (Killing unit): Add 1," any ideas??

• Reap Soul
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Killing unit) has an item of type Mallet of 1000 Souls) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set ReapedSoulCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (ReapedSoulCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)
            • If - Conditions
              • ReapedSoulCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] Equal to 5
            • Then - Actions
              • Set ReapedSoulCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = 0
              • Hero - Modify Strength of (Killing unit): Add 1
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing

First of all remove your Do nothing because they really DO NOTHING except take up space. why dont you put the killing unit has item in the regular condition so this trigger doesnt run every time a unit dies.

then you remove the first If Then Else and put the first set variable action in the else of the other If Then Else action keeping the rest of it as it is.

Level 4
Hah, I got it to work finally, I felt very stupid when I found the problem though.. I had the recipie version of the item set as the item type..kinda sad *Sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.