• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[GUI] BloodSoul's Spells - 0.3

Reactions: Dark_Dragon
Credits:
* Paladon - Index System.
* Dark_Dragon - Suggestions.
* Deuterium - Helped me about some leaks.
--

Soul Steal:
*Fixed B_Damaged unit group.
*Now, you can show/hide Floating Text. (Global Variable: B_Float) (Deuterium's Suggestion)
Fixed the missile Flying Height (Annihilation Strike)
Improved the MuI System
New Spell: Soul Steal
The spell creation

--

Spell Type: Target Object
Cast Range: 700/800/900
Area of Effect: 250/300/350
Cooldown: 16/17/18
Damage: 100/200/300
Mana Cost: 85/105/130

The hero throws a mystical ball on target. When it hits the enemy, the enemy becomes stunned, up and down causing damage to foes in Area.

--

Spell Type: Target Point
Cast Range: 1200
Cooldown: 10
Damage per Touch: 50/75/100
Mana Cost: 80/120/160
The hero throws a magical energy at selected position. Each unit that touch in it. The unit takes damage and the energy gives 25% of total damage converted in life to caster.

---
Comment and Rate!

Keywords:
Annihilation Strike Soul Steal GuI MuI BloodSoul Missile Target Object Flying Height Life Steal Couatl
Contents

BloodSoul's Spells (Map)

Reviews
14:56, 30rd Sep 2009 The_Reborn_Devil: The issues are fixed now and I couldn't find any other problems. Coding looks good too. Approved. I give these spells the rating Useful.

M

14:56, 30rd Sep 2009
The_Reborn_Devil:

The issues are fixed now and I couldn't find any other problems.
Coding looks good too.
Approved.
I give these spells the rating Useful.

Level 15
hmm first spell... i dont know and i dont care. well spell seems to be fine, for some reason i like it and found it quite usefull even if its basic but its quite good. bad things are that indexing system needs to be better, like paladons system. however 1.24 was released so plz use hashtables... with hashtables u need only one global non-array variable of type hashtable. it will make it more readable and easy to install... as well that missile does not change height when i cast it on air unit. i think u should fix that.

seems to me that u are beginner and i can see ur quite good for beginner so keep it up. 3/5 for now. u need to fix this by using hashtables and then index system can be simple as well.

ohh btw u dont need to store group in variable when using bj_wantDestroyGroup! if u use variable it will just leak group's at map startup since its an array it will as well slow map startup.

Greets!
~Dark Dragon

Level 13
hmm first spell... i dont know and i dont care. well spell seems to be fine, for some reason i like it and found it quite usefull even if its basic but its quite good. bad things are that indexing system needs to be better, like paladons system. however 1.24 was released so plz use hashtables... with hashtables u need only one global non-array variable of type hashtable. it will make it more readable and easy to install... as well that missile does not change height when i cast it on air unit. i think u should fix that.

seems to me that u are beginner and i can see ur quite good for beginner so keep it up. 3/5 for now. u need to fix this by using hashtables and then index system can be simple as well.

ohh btw u dont need to store group in variable when using bj_wantDestroyGroup! if u use variable it will just leak group's at map startup since its an array it will as well slow map startup.

Greets!
~Dark Dragon
Thanks Dark Dragon.
I will change to Hashtables and fix the bug about missile. +rep. xD
--
Edit:
I don't change the Index System to hashtables, yet...
I change the old Index System to Paladon's Index System.

Last edited:
Level 17

Deuterium's Brief Review:

1. Destroy the B_Damaged group, because since it's indexed it doesn't get fully recycled:
  • Unit Group - Remove all units from B_Damaged[Index[3]]

2. Why create floating text over at a point instead of creating it over the unit directly?
  • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String((Integer(B_MaxDamage[Index[3]])))) at B_Point with Z offset 0.00, using font size 9.75, color (33.00%, 33.00%, 99.00%), and 0.00% transparency
Also add a user adjustable global which allows the unit to pick if he wants the floating text or not.

Actually impressive and clean GUI coding there. However, I don't find anything original in the spells, but it could be useful for those searching for such spells. Just make sure to fix the first problem, and you're good to go! The second point is just a minor issue. 3/5