• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Tower Defense] Green TD Evolution - [Indev]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Creator: GenoHacker
Objective: Survive 60 waves by Building Towers to kill creeps and earn gold to build and upgrade towers or even gamble.

Features
-- Multiple Gamemode options, along with a full text system to choose them at the start of the game.
-- Fully Featured tool-tips and hotkeys for everything.
-- Modified standard Warcraft 3 Game Interface and Tooltips.
-- A Complete and fully functioning Multiboard.
-- A Fair way of getting rid of towers of another player.
-- Completely Redone Damage Values and Armour Values.
-- An Auto-Blink Movement System.
-- Completely Redone Towers. [Models, Sounds, Attacks, Etc]
-- A Complete Information Dialog with Changelogs. [The Quest Tab]
-- Upgrade Shortcuts for most of the starting towers.
-- Tower Builder is a hero with abilities.
-- Many different game options to choose from.

v1.15 Current Changelog
[Indev1]

-- Completely remade the gamemode triggers
-- You can now choose game modes via abilities
-- You can now disable up to 3 towers
-- Blue and Teal can now select each others aura tower to see its levels
-- Spell tower can no longer target aura tower
-- Added several different chaos mode difficultys
-- Added Aura % values to upgrade tooltips
-- Added Swarm mode
-- Added Gold Rush mode
-- Added Random Waves Mode
-- Added -greed command
-- Slightly nerfed Spell Tower abilities
-- Removed Gamemode from the multiboard
-- Removed research from research towers that dont make use of them
-- Removed Degeneration Aura
-- Extended time to choose modes to 120 seconds
-- Changed several game messages
-- Changed -gamemode command
-- Changes to several quest in the info tab
-- Increased Frost slow to 30%
-- Increased starting gold to 500

I have started work on 1.15, Indev1 will be attached to this post.

Plans for 1.15

The first thing planned for v1.15 is a complete overhaul of the the gamemode triggers. When i initially created the trigger i went with my own approach to it, so whilst it was easy for me to create it also has a alot of unnecessary actions, i basically made one trigger and just copy pasted it and then slightly changed it for each combination of game modes.

I will probably make it so there are 2 ways to choose game modes, a similer way to as it is now but instead of -d2b1 you will type -d2 and then -b1 and for endless mode it would be -em, the second way is to create abilitys for all game modes and add them to a Game Setup. The unit will make use of spellbooks to do this, so difficultys will all be in a single spell book, easy all the way up to chaos mode, endless mode will be put into a spellbook that will contain several new game modes that i am planning on adding.

After this i will begin work on the Save/Load system i have planned for the map along with some other gamemodes.

v1.14b of the map can be found at Green TD Evolution

Last edited:
Level 7
Ive updated the map in the main post to Indev2, changelog is also in there.

This post is about some of the features im thinking of adding along with changes to the Fire Trap building im also thinking of adding.

Currently the fire trap is just a tower than can be placed on the path and it has immolation which deals damage to creeps on the path, i did buff the fire trap significantly in the 1.13 but feel like i could do more with traps in general, below is some ideas for what different traps could be. If i do decide to add this it will likely be in v1.14
Fire Trap - Immolation or Incinerate
Frost Trap - Breath of Frost
Poison Trap - Shadow Strike
Earth Trap - Slam
Darkness Trap - Parasite
Blood Trap - 90% Crit strike 40/80/120/160/200x damage

Ive been playing alot of YouTD recently and have liked how it does its Save/Load bonuses so im think of adding something similar to this map in an attempt to give the map more replayability. Unless i decide to extend development of v1.14 significantly this will not be in v1.14 becuase ive never done a Save/Load system before so i gotta learn how to do it.

Below is some basic information on the bonuses i would like to add

25 Ranks

Hats for Builder every 5 ranks

+0.1 mana/s per rank up to 2.5 mana/s

Rank 10 - +1 Gold per kill +1 gold every 5 seconds
Rank 20 - +2 Gold per kill +2 gold every 5 seconds

1 Rank Point per rank gained, spend rank points for below bonuses

-1% Movement Speed
-1% Life Regen
-1% Armour
+1% Damage
+1% Attack Speed

Each one can have 5 points put into it.

Another thing i would like to add from YouTD is the randomly generated waves, it would let me add far more variety to the waves, which is something ive wanted to for a while.

Level 7
Ive updated the map in the main post to Indev3, changelog is also in there.

Since indev2 was rather lackluster i decided to get right onto indev3.

The early towers for siege and air were pretty much irrelevent as a player would build the tower and then upgrade it a number of times since they were so cheap to upgrade, effectively skipping the earlier towers, i have adjusted the damage and gold cost of both towers to make the early upgrades more relevent.

I realized that the cost of Upgrade Shortcuts actually included the cost of the 1st tower, which they shouldnt have, whilst the cost were minor, 75 - 300 gold, i decided to make them cost the correct amount anyway.

A big thing about indev 3 was making the research tower more interesting and viable for non-hero waves, i mostly did this because i was seeing people build it on wave 1.

The Research Tower now has 8 more upgrades, the gold cost of researchs have also been adjusted so the total cost of everything for it didnt get too high. Because you can now build more than one of them i made it so some of them dont benefit from some of the researches, For example, Towers 1 through 4 only benefit from the initial researchs that are available, the more you upgrade the tower the more researchs you can use on the tower.

I felt that the heroes mana regen was a bit too high so i reduced the mana regen gained per Int point to 0.05.

An small update on the idea for Traps. Fire Trap will now be Immolation, Poison trap renamed Shadow Trap, poison trap might still be something not sure yet, a new trap called Iron Trap that will spawn Land mines around the trap.

Some more ideas for future versions
Gold Rush creeps, when a creep reaches a certain HP threshold the creep has a chance togo into a Gold Rush increasing movespeed and giving extra gold. This might tie into the randomly generated waves idea not sure yet.

I may reduce the move speed of creeps or do something with Frost Tower AoE or just AoE in general

Level 7
Ive updated the map in the main post to Indev4, changelog is also in there.

This update focuses on balancing waves, because of the decrease in gold many waves were too strong even on normal difficulty, some waves also had some stats that were higher than they ought to be.

Movement speed for all waves has been reduced, before normal waves had a MS of 400 they now have a MS of 350.
Life Regen has been decreased for all waves making the overall damage need to kill creeps lower.
Certain air waves, most notably wave 7 and 9 have had there health and armour decreased.
Immune Hero waves were extremely strong and have had their HP and armour decreased.

Emergency Towers have been significantly buffed but also now have a 3 minute cooldown

Terrain has had some changes mostly tiles but also some terrain changes in the magical village, along with some doodad changes.

The builder now has 2 additional items that list some helpful tips for players.

Certain game messages have had addition text put onto them or have had coloring changes to make certain details within them more noticeable.

Because of the reduction in gold gain i decided to reduce the amount of gold needed to gamble from 1000 to 500, gamble rewards have also reduced by 50%.

I had a quick look at the regions in the map and decided that the Invulnerability regions were a bit to large so i decided to make them smaller.

Im thinking of adding an additional aura tower, it would be called "Ultimate Aura Tower" and would be a global aura.

[Indev5] will likely include the Ideas for more traps that i had, with Indev versions past that focusing on balancing them.

Level 7
1.29 is here and thankfully the map still works, their are some minor issues such as the multiboard being thinner, health not showing up properly, floating text seems to go to a new line now not sure if thats caused by the patch though. The only thing i found that was actually broken is the quest dialog scroll, you have to click on something for it to actually scroll.

I could fix the multiboard and such but for the time being im going to wait and see what blizzard do.

In the mean time here are some more ideas i might add soon or in the future

Reverse mode - right now all creeps move towards the bottom of the map ending up below blue and teal, reverse mode would make it so creeps move upwards towards red and in where red creep soawn currently is.

Independent Spawns - So atm the next wave spawns when everything dies, this idea would make it so when a player clears their creeps the next wave will spawn for them, with the addition of 24 players this would be relatively easy to implement jsut might take a while.

Ill be adding another ability to the builder listing the commands players can use, this will hopefully make it easier to see the commands.

Ill be removing 5 siege towers to remove some of the gold bloat that tower suffers from, the rest of the siege towers will be adjusted for this.

Level 7
Ive updated the map in the main post to Indev5, changelog is also in there.

Decided to delay this update abit to see what 1.29 did to everything. This update doesnt include the changes to the Fire Trap i said i would include.

It does however include the changes to the siege tower, the total cost of the siege tower prior to this was somewhere around 80k gold now it cost around 60k but has better damage scaling and faster attack speed this should make it much better to use.

Ive removed all changelogs before 1.09 as it was very clogged.

The chaos tower has also had its gold cost reduced from a total of 90k down to 60k.

Multiboard should be resized for 1.29 widescreen

Im thinking about combining all 3 auras into 1 tower so instead of 3 towers you would have 1 and then upgrade the individual auras via research or something.

Indev6 will include the Trap revamp, Indev versions past that will focus on balancing them along with cleaning up triggers or redoing some entirely, the Gamemode triggers for example need to be redone to accommodate the additional game modes i want to add.

Level 7
Wanted to post an small update on how Indev6 is coming along.

I decided to do something different in regards to upgrading towers when it came to traps, since i didnt want to bloat the object editor with what would have been 80 different units i decided to make use of some of the new natives added by 1.29, the native being the ability to change the tooltip of abilities. All traps use an ability to directly level up its own ability, with the gold cost being deducted using triggers.

Here is one of the triggers, specifically the fire trap trigger.

• Fire Trap
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Upgrade Trap Ability [Fire Trap]
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Immolation [Fire Trap] for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set the custom value of (Triggering unit) to 400
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Immolation [Fire Trap] for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set the custom value of (Triggering unit) to 800
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of Immolation [Fire Trap] for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 3
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Set the custom value of (Triggering unit) to 1300
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Level of Immolation [Fire Trap] for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 4
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Set the custom value of (Triggering unit) to 2000
                    • Else - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Level of Immolation [Fire Trap] for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 5
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Unit - Set the custom value of (Triggering unit) to 3000
                        • Else - Actions
                            • If - Conditions
                              • (Level of Immolation [Fire Trap] for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 6
                            • Then - Actions
                              • Unit - Set the custom value of (Triggering unit) to 4000
                            • Else - Actions
                                • If - Conditions
                                  • (Level of Immolation [Fire Trap] for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 7
                                • Then - Actions
                                  • Unit - Set the custom value of (Triggering unit) to 5000
                                • Else - Actions
                                    • If - Conditions
                                      • (Level of Immolation [Fire Trap] for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 8
                                    • Then - Actions
                                      • Unit - Set the custom value of (Triggering unit) to 7000
                                    • Else - Actions
                                        • If - Conditions
                                          • (Level of Immolation [Fire Trap] for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 9
                                        • Then - Actions
                                          • Unit - Set the custom value of (Triggering unit) to 9000
                                        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Owner of (Casting unit)) Current gold) Less than (Custom value of (Triggering unit))
        • Then - Actions
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (You Need + ((String((Custom value of (Triggering unit)))) + To Upgrade)) above (Casting unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (0.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 40.00 towards 90.00 degrees
          • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
          • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
          • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Increase level of Immolation [Fire Trap] for (Triggering unit)
          • Player - Set (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current gold to (((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current gold) - (Custom value of (Triggering unit)))
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Trap Upgraded above (Casting unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (0.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 40.00 towards 90.00 degrees
          • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
          • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
          • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Immolation [Fire Trap] for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Game - Set Extended Tooltip of Upgrade Trap Ability [Fire Trap] to |c0077ff77Use this to upgrade the traps special ability.|n|nGold Cost >>> 800 for level 1
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of Immolation [Fire Trap] for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 3
                • Then - Actions
                  • Game - Set Extended Tooltip of Upgrade Trap Ability [Fire Trap] to |c0077ff77Use this to upgrade the traps special ability.|n|nGold Cost >>> 1300 for level 1
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Level of Immolation [Fire Trap] for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 4
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Game - Set Extended Tooltip of Upgrade Trap Ability [Fire Trap] to |c0077ff77Use this to upgrade the traps special ability.|n|nGold Cost >>> 2000 for level 1
                    • Else - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Level of Immolation [Fire Trap] for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 5
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Game - Set Extended Tooltip of Upgrade Trap Ability [Fire Trap] to |c0077ff77Use this to upgrade the traps special ability.|n|nGold Cost >>> 3000 for level 1
                        • Else - Actions
                            • If - Conditions
                              • (Level of Immolation [Fire Trap] for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 6
                            • Then - Actions
                              • Game - Set Extended Tooltip of Upgrade Trap Ability [Fire Trap] to |c0077ff77Use this to upgrade the traps special ability.|n|nGold Cost >>> 4000 for level 1
                            • Else - Actions
                                • If - Conditions
                                  • (Level of Immolation [Fire Trap] for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 7
                                • Then - Actions
                                  • Game - Set Extended Tooltip of Upgrade Trap Ability [Fire Trap] to |c0077ff77Use this to upgrade the traps special ability.|n|nGold Cost >>> 5000 for level 1
                                • Else - Actions
                                    • If - Conditions
                                      • (Level of Immolation [Fire Trap] for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 8
                                    • Then - Actions
                                      • Game - Set Extended Tooltip of Upgrade Trap Ability [Fire Trap] to |c0077ff77Use this to upgrade the traps special ability.|n|nGold Cost >>> 7000 for level 1
                                    • Else - Actions
                                        • If - Conditions
                                          • (Level of Immolation [Fire Trap] for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 9
                                        • Then - Actions
                                          • Game - Set Extended Tooltip of Upgrade Trap Ability [Fire Trap] to |c0077ff77Use this to upgrade the traps special ability.|n|nGold Cost >>> 9000 for level 1
                                        • Else - Actions
The gold cost of traps is not set in stone and i will also be storing the gold cost in an integer array. Whilst using a new native is great it is kinda unnessacery and slightly annoying since i have to change alot of triggers if i ever change the gold cost of traps,which is very likely, so i will see if there is someway to use a string variable in the new triggers.

Whilst this was not something i had planned to do for indev6, model scaling issues with the traps necessitated this change, i have completely changed how the instant build triggers and Tower Scaling triggers work, originally for tower scaling i used a trigger that was made in a thread I posted about the problems i had with tower scaling and frankly i didnt even know if it worked, i just left it there for years since i wasnt adding any new towers. Now that ive added traps that use models that are inherently small i decided to change it completely, which is where the new instant build triggers come in. Towers previously upgraded the normal way which would cause the model scaling to be wrong, now when anything is upgraded it is instead replaced with the upgraded version this completely remedies both the scaling issues and what i had originally wanted to do with the previous instant build.

TLDR - Upgrading something will replace the tower with the upgraded version, which will have the scaling value as set in the object editor.

I do want to write more about the new stuff coming in indev6 but its almost 6am and i want to sleep.

Level 7
Ive updated the map in the main post to Indev6, changelog is also in there.

Sorry about the long wait between Indev5 and Indev6, i started playing The Witcher 3 and then got lazy.

On another note the map is now Auto-Hosted by the people over at MaulBot

Level 7
Ive updated the map in the main post to Indev7, changelog is also in there.

Indev7 fixes several bugs present in indev6 and adds some new stuff.

Indev 8 will focus on completely redoing the Game Mode triggers, how i will do that though is still undecided.

Level 7
Ive updated the map in the main post to Indev8, changelog is also in there.

This version ended up not focusing on Game Mode triggers as indev 7 had some leftover testing stuff i forgot to delete, i also changed a number of things and added a custom minimap

Level 7
Ive updated the map in the main post to Indev10, changelog is also in there.

This will likely be the last Indev version, ive done alot of work the past couple of days since the people over at MaulBot asked to host the map, enough that i will consider the next release to be the completion of v1.14. It is very likely the biggest update ive ever done to the map.

I am glad i decided to release Indev versions as in the past i would have counted each indev versions as its own version, it would be at v1.23 if i continued that, and in doing that i would constantly fuck stuff up and then have to release subversions which was always annoying. Not having to update the Hiveworkshop page everytime i did that was a major relief and allowed me to just constantly update the map and not have to worry about bugs and other stuff as much since most of them were rapidly fixed anyway and thanks to Promises from maulbot the hosted version was always update very quickly.

Hopefully ill continue this practice going into 1.15, which will hopefully bring in the Save/Load system, mode choosing revamp and even HCL support and even more stuff i have yet to think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.