• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Greeks and Undead v1.58 Second Hero

GREEKS AND UNDEAD

Creators- Slayerby and Shadowhunterm

my cousin (shadowhunter) was working on a map update but it may be a while, hope to get it soon and sorry for the waiting
We have our minimap thanks to Terren05, THAANK YOU!, give this guy a cookie if you see him

Map Info / Features

story

- you are the city guards of the great greek city of Rhodes, but lately sea trade has halted and communication outside the city has become impossible.
your ally has sent a patrol outside the city and has build an outpost only to come under assault of living corpses, and ships of refugees begin to enter the city, the Apocalypse has arrived, how long will you be able to hold off the undead, and even though all looks grim, your prayers have been answered, the gods have granted you the right to call upon a demi-god and son of one of the big three gods.Zeus, Poseiden and Hades, will this be enough to turn the tide?

game play/ extra stuff

- the gameplay is much like a typically melee but with many added features such as custom items/market, only one hero although it is slightly buffed compared to a normal hero and with with custom abilities i came up with in world editor that i thought worked well.

idea

- the idea came to me after reading percy jackson and the olympians and reading about different demi-gods in the book and history, and i have always enjoyed the greeks... and zombies, so i felt what if the zombies attacked the greeks, my cousin liked the idea and this map was the result.

Screenshots

-

the colossus of rhodes
colossus.png

one of the available heroes standing in front of a temple in the city
demi-god+in+front+of+temple.png

one of the available heroes standing in front of the marketplace buying from a vendor in the city
marketplace.png

Credits

- credits go to: slayerby(me) and shadowhunterm(ditchy2) for creation of map and trigger and terraining, etc. while all custom models/icons/skins are from hive modelmakers

also i'd like to thanks those who gave suggestions and feedback for the map such as Theoden of KoMe, matt5556, StoPCampinGn00b, nskral

List of models/icons > creator

(some model were not used in the map although they are imported on it)

armed mage > Kitabatake
long lightning / Royal Captain >Tranquil
BTNBloodElfCavalry > Mr.Goblin
Gondorsolidersheild > General Frank/Wolver
herobloodelfranger / BloodelfWizard >Frankster
HeroBloodKnight > Tenebis
gladiator / gladiator dual sword / dark footman> Miseracord (love this model)
templar > Callahan (also love this model)
calcium behemoth > -Grendel
Cavalier / Skirmisher > Cavman
royal guard /Armored_VillagerMan_Archer> eubz
KnightStatueA > GreyAchron
Mr.Goblin'sStall >Deolrin
Wood wall > communist_orc
Skeleton Lord > levigeorge1617
Spartan > Radagast
HaradrimArcher > Uncle Fester
Greek/Roman Temple > Mr. Bob (a.k.a bob the builder, this model may have been deleted of hive)
Trireme>olofmoleman
bloody zombie>ana
Galen Trollbane>CloudWolf
Abominogre>Sin'dorei300
Myrmidon>Tarrasque

Changelog

Greeks and Undead
- original upload
- update map loading screen and name

greeks and undead v 1.1
- added ai triggers and editor to make undead a bit more aggressive and allow you to play single player *as orange* and have your computer ally do something.

Greeks and Undead v 1.2 BUG FIX -
v1.2 bug fix
- completely retriggered most triggers, deleted many triggers, added triggers to hopefully get rid of the memory leakage
- added dialog at start for hero choice
- edited some spells to improve quality
- changed some custom unit hotkeys
-added in disBtn for icons

Greeks and Undead v 1.3 BUG FIX
-further improved triggers
-further removed memory leakage from triggers
-slight terrain changes
-edited game messages (more color and shorter)

Greeks and Undead v 1.4(minor changes)
-changed arcane sanctum into a clinic and added doctors.
-changed ship model into trireme
-more terrain fixes/edits and added some choke points throughout the map
-added small Rhodes outpost outside city

Greeks and Undead v 1.5 (big changes)
-added 3rd player!!
-terrain changes
-changed zombie skin
-added reinforcement timer at 50 mins
-minor fixes
-i made this a bigger update then what i have made before so if you see something wrong please tell me but i really hope you guys like this one!

Greeks and Undead v 1.53 (lb fixes)
-fixed some problems with lb
-added dock spawns for lb
-minor trigger changes
-learned the undead cyclops skin is stubborn :p

-Greeks and Undead v 1.58 (second hero) - 2k downloads
-been a long time but your long awaited second hero is here
-relocated lb so they are more likley to be attack by undead
-added a requested unit, play to find out
-the second hero/units option will be updated, i wanted t o see your opionions before continuing

Next update
-fix any current problems
-more bosses(possibility)
-edit terrain

this is a random attempt at a map, and the first posted map, it is complete but there is much we still want to do with it, but feel free to grab a buddy and try it, please give feedback as to what to improve** thank you

Keywords:
greek, defense, undead
Contents

Greeks and Undead v1.58 Second Hero (Map)

Reviews
17:19, 26th Jul 2013 Orcnet: map approved
Level 1
haha algebra would be easy, have taxation accounting and macro economics
wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to easy

:goblin_cry::goblin_cry::goblin_cry::goblin_cry::goblin_cry::goblin_cry::goblin_cry::goblin_cry::goblin_cry::spell_breaker::spell_breaker::spell_breaker::spell_breaker::spell_breaker::spell_breaker::witch_doc_sad::witch_doc_sad::witch_doc_sad::witch_doc_sad::witch_doc_sad::witch_doc_sad::ned::ned::ned::ned::pal::pal::pal::pal::nemor::nemor::nemor::nemor::nemor:What happened !!!! all skins not working,doodads not working,cyclops still not here and you not showing up for a couple of days whats happening and if you cant make your skins work just ask for help from fellow modders they will help well i cant help because im only a suggestion knight so WHYYYYYYYYY

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
calm down man, also try not to double post, but i have told you before about absences because of my schooling but last time i checked all the models doodads were working, what exactly is happening?

*re-uploaded the 1.53 version i dont know whats up with 1.54 but i'll check into it*

Last edited:
Level 4
what about adding more units?
example:
toxotes (toxotai) greek archer
Hippikon cavarly
prodromos light cavarly
myrmidon elite unit
mythological stuff :D

our originally intent was to add some of those but there isn't any particularly good models for them, right now the biggest focus is a new hero unit, but if the map reaches 2000 downloads i might just do a big update with new hero and units to celebrate :p thanks for feedback and hope you enjoyed the map

Level 1
ummm dude slayerby? instead of one hero per god,maybe make taverns per god?
like thalia(from percy jackson books) to zeus? and percy poseidon and clarrise?(ares) and alot of other gods. just read the books I like your map very well made as always :)

Level 4
ummm dude slayerby? instead of one hero per god,maybe make taverns per god?
like thalia(from percy jackson books) to zeus? and percy poseidon and clarrise?(ares) and alot of other gods. just read the books I like your map very well made as always :)

im not sure how in depth we go as far as the novels are concerned but the heros will depend on the demi god you chose (hopefully) when we start working on it more

Add more units on the clinic, decrease the plague in the city and the second hero the god of war's command aura damage buff should be increased.

its weaker then the normal command aura for the first 2 levels but the 3rd level is stronger then the typically command aura, we are also planning something along the lines of preists to specific gods being added to the clinc later, that may be a few updates away though, thnak you for your comment

edit: it seems as if the command aura for the infantry hero may not be working properly, i just tested it out, i'll try to fix that in the next update

Last edited:
Level 7
Hey! Cool map, like the idea. Terrain is decent, the Greek units kind of all look the same. Not a huge problem. A lot of misspellings and lack of correct punctuation. I'll admit, the map was challenging haha Surviving that long reminded me of that mission in the Human Campaign on wc3 set to Hard. It took me a few tries but I managed to hold out eventually.

Models 4/5 (Most look like Spartans, but props for the Undead models.)
Terrain 3/5
Idea 3/5
Overall 4/5

It's functional, and there are just minor errors.

Last edited:
Level 4
Hey! Cool map, like the idea. Terrain is decent, the Greek units kind of all look the same. Not a huge problem. A lot of misspellings and lack of correct punctuation. I'll admit, the map was challenging haha Surviving that long reminded me of that mission in the Human Campaign on wc3 set to Hard. It took me a few tries but I managed to hold out eventually.

Models 4/5 (Most look like Spartans, but props for the Undead models.)
Terrain 3/5
Idea 3/5
Overall 4/5

It's functional, and there are just minor errors.

thanks for feedback, my cousin ditchy2 is actually working on a major terrain update and there aren't to many greek models on hive :p

thank you for feedback and i will try to work on the spelling and other minor errors and i'm amazed you beat it, i haven't yet XD

Level 2
Yes, the geyser ability is way too strong, I also think it would be good if you could make Hades and Zeus' 1st and 2nd ability stronger so they could really be able to fight mass hordes of enemies

Level 2
Quick idea if you make a harder mode I suggest
limited resources(5000-10000 I think)
Reinforcing army would reinforce the undead
+2 undead forces
Also can you make better in game texts about new units and light 'calverly' :D

Level 2
I started to talk about making the game harder because you can rush your enemies with recent updates much more easily(4 - 6 heroes, some hoplites and myrimidion(Not sure if name is correct)) and undead have only 1 ghoul and 2 spirit towers to protect them. I suggest making the game harder or preventing rushing somehow. I can suggest adding wraiths or ghosts to the undead bases to preventing the rushes(if enemy brings a unit it will be possesed).

Also if you don't have time I can fix in-game texts(such as that aura which writes 'tool tip missing')

Last edited:
Level 4
I started to talk about making the game harder because you can rush your enemies with recent updates much more easily(4 - 6 heroes, some hoplites and myrimidion(Not sure if name is correct)) and undead have only 1 ghoul and 2 spirit towers to protect them. I suggest making the game harder or preventing rushing somehow. I can suggest adding wraiths or ghosts to the undead bases to preventing the rushes(if enemy brings a unit it will be possesed).

Also if you don't have time I can fix in-game texts(such as that aura which writes 'tool tip missing')

i was thinking about this to with the recent update, what we will be doing is delaying when you get the second hero and units and i may do some sort of anti rush measure like you suggested

Level 2
I encountered a problem, If you don't pick in 3 seconds who to praise it is suddenly gone.
It happened to me while i was orange, i don't know if it happens to the rest. ):

Level 4
I encountered a problem, If you don't pick in 3 seconds who to praise it is suddenly gone.
It happened to me while i was orange, i don't know if it happens to the rest. ):

i intend to increase the time you get but it should be about 10-15 seconds to choose before the second dialogue appears, usually people choose to fast for it to matter but the odd time ya it jacks you of the hero, tempted to leave it as the gods are maddened by your slowness :ogre_rage:

Level 2
lol XD. When the army arrived they didn't seem to be strong enough to destroy the Macedonian Guard because they made a dozen of Towers ): The Blue team also didn't seem to attack us when we only had a few towers and the statue standing. I also hope you make more weapons and icons as the icons seems to be repeated.
maybe next time im gonna send a replay if i find any problems :)

Level 4
lol XD. When the army arrived they didn't seem to be strong enough to destroy the Macedonian Guard because they made a dozen of Towers ): The Blue team also didn't seem to attack us when we only had a few towers and the statue standing. I also hope you make more weapons and icons as the icons seems to be repeated.
maybe next time im gonna send a replay if i find any problems :)

sounds good, might buff the army a bit because they seem to get beaten more often then aanticipated. i also have the problem where one or 2 of the undead just stop attacking if they think the other undead can take the statue but it almost seems like its cause they think the army is arriving and want to be prepared for it which scares me because i didnt think the a.i is that smart and hopefully i'm wrong