• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Greek Temple

I want to see more ancient-themed maps for warcraft, so i made this set of ancient greek buildings inspired by Age of Mythology and 0 a.d. I rarely use ingame textures, nor make building models, and this was a nice change. I planned for the set to contain the following buildings:

*Town Center
*Barracks
*Archery Range
*Stables
*Temple
*Siege Workshop
*House
*Watchtower
*Dock

Something i always loved in RTS game is when you can see the practical details of how buildings are constructed, such as timber framing going up, floors being laid and pieces of material being spread around, so i tried to incorporate that in these buildings. They also use the standard wc3 scaffolding and i hope they will fit OK together with normal wc3 buildings.

There are "sprite" attachment points which will make fires appear when it is damaged. The braziers burn in the "stand work" animation. For the first time, i have also been generous in teamcoloring. Enjoy.

Ingame screen:

attachment.php

EDIT: I noticed the door is bugged and only shows up in the birth animation. I will fix this tomorrow.

Keywords:
Temple, Zeus, Greek, Greece, Roman, Rome, Poseidon, Ancient, Gods
Contents

Greek Temple (Model)

Reviews
13:45, 6th Jul 2014 MiniMage: My inner nostalgia is screaming with joy. Although I only played Age of Empires growing up, never age of mythology. To be quite honest, I never really liked age of mythology. Nevertheless. The model is approved. Well done.

M

13:45, 6th Jul 2014
MiniMage: My inner nostalgia is screaming with joy. Although I only played Age of Empires growing up, never age of mythology. To be quite honest, I never really liked age of mythology. Nevertheless. The model is approved. Well done.

Level 7
Like the rest, 5/5 great job for looks, usefulness and ancient era love. Great screenshot setting as well.

Also, as a temple it seems a bit empty, maybe you can add a few statues and trees on the sides like in AOM?
5/5

Hmm, i tried adding trees to this but i didn't think it looked pleasing. Perhaps i will reconsider. A statue is a cool idea, though i am not sure what texture i would use, or where to place it. Any ideas?

Hmm, i tried adding trees to this but i didn't think it looked pleasing. Perhaps i will reconsider. A statue is a cool idea, though i am not sure what texture i would use, or where to place it. Any ideas?
well, you could place a statue on each of the sides of the temple with 1-2 trees on each side of the statue, so the building will keep its square form.
About texture, I'd go with the cityscape statue textures, they seem most fitting for this theme.

Level 7
Or,something simular to what Blood suggested, you could widen the "foundation/staircase part" and include on it on both sides two "gardens" including some flora and a statue each.

This Greek pack definitely looks pretty cool!

It would just be greatly appreciated if you make them all support custom textures, because I would like to make some real inspired AoM Greek textures for them as I need them myself, to look more like those in the game itself. And I think such textures would be useful for some people too.

Great job nonetheless!

Last edited: