• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Greatest Mastermind of all Time???

Greatest Mastermind of all Time???

• The Gravemind

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • The Overmind

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Kerrigan

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • The Lich King

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
How to explain this.... in the game Halo 2, there's this race of parasites called the Flood. The Flood (in Halo 2 at least) come in 3 "forms." First there is the Infection Form, which all Flood start off as. Then, by infecting another creature, they become Combat Forms, and fight the enemies of the Flood. Wounded Combat Forms are then turned into Carrier Forms, which explode apon death and create more Infection Forms. A Gravemind is formed when the Flood combine multiple hosts and themselves to form an actual thinking being (Flood are mindless killing machines). The Gravemind is the only one of its kind encountered in the series and captured some ships so that the Flood could infect more species. Truly despicable and brutally cunning.

Level 12
Oh man you forgot Hive Mind.

800px-Hive_mind_stage_3.JPG

Level 5
What on earth is that??? It looks so awesome!
MOAR pics please!!!!
EDIT @MortAr how could you know about kerrigan, but not about the overmind???? He's (assuming it's a he) basically what controls all of the zerg until he is killed and that's when kerrigan takes over.

Level 5
Well, it says that the Hive Mind may NOT be the leader. It's definitely high-ranking, but is it a mastermind??? But anyways, it looks so awesome.

Level 5
1st place: Samir Duran.
2nd place: Diablo.
3rd place: Archimonde.
Samir Duran: How could I forget him??? Damn!
Diablo: I suppose so, but I think baal did more, and mephisto did all the planning
Archimonde: A great character, but the actual mastermind would be Sargeras

Level 9
Samir Duran: How could I forget him??? Damn!
Diablo: I suppose so, but I think baal did more, and mephisto did all the planning
Archimonde: A great character, but the actual mastermind would be Sargeras

I picked Diablo as second place because he set all the events in motion in Diablo II from Diablo I, it takes pretty ballsy planning to prepare your own resurrection in the body of the very hero that killed you, but ofcourse he got owned thats why hes down in second.
And as for Sargeras, he gets no credit whatsoever, 0, nada, none, if he wants me to even acknowledge him as being anything remotely close to a mastermind he better get his ass into the game already and actually do something himself, you can't be a mastermind and stay behind the scenes all the time.

Level 14
SPOILER ALEAT
THe Overmind of Course. He planned for the future of his race not rather himself. The Overmind created Kerrigan to free the Zerg from the Dark Voice... I mean seriously, Kerrigan has agendas yes, but she still is lets say not cool, the overmind foresaw the future, and plotted. But Kerrigan can't see the future.
Oh well. And the Lich King is not really a mastermind, he s getting killed atleast once every week. (lolz).
Oh and Samur Duran was really getting stuff from the dark voice, btw that would be another mastermind

Level 11
Adolf Hitler? (Politically)
Sauron
Scar from The Lion King
Jigsaw from Saw
Slevin from Lucky Number Slevin

lol just throwing things out there who i believe are great masterminds :p

Level 5
Marshal D. Teach

Fleet Admiral Sengoku
Gecko Moria
Spandam (?)

After looking at the results: everyone seems to play Blizzard's games (I have nothing against them, which is why I'm playing Wc3) but it's so SAD to see Bungie's most evil character be forgotten. But then again, this website isn't for Halo....

Level 25
Sargeras, if I've to pick someone from a game...

From WoWWiki
"Sargeras is the creator and leader of the Burning Legion. Sargeras was once a vanir titan, a Champion of the Pantheon chosen to defend the worlds they had created.

Sargeras has changed over the millennia. While he once served his race as guardian and protector, he is now the titans' worst enemy. Sargeras works to undo what the titans have strived for ages to achieve. He is now the master of all that is evil and demonic. Lesser beings quake and flee in his presence.
"

Really, everything that is Evil kicks the ass out of everything else.

Level 1
Can't believe im the only one to say kerrigan, she tricked the protoss and the terrans, AND the overmind, all to take over the Zerg. Hell hath no furry like a woman's scorn O_O

Level 11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0&feature=fvsr

This man is the one and only mastermind, he's angered nearly forty million people.

He is the source of our anger.

We rise against each other because of this evil being.

...voted Gravemind for the cool name.

i disagree, i dont really take offense at all to that, even if i get rickrolled on a video i intended to watch, but this man right here is the ultimate mastermind...
He honestly made people kill themselves because of his evil doings and all they gave him was a maximum of 150 years in prison (not sure).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtqsqG74agA

The worlds greatest thief in history...

Level 13
^
Well shit, that made me want to make a game/write a story/create a film in which the bad guy wins.

Sadly, people would be massively pissed after playing for 12 hours, watching for 2 or reading 90k words only to see the character which should be their favourite by now die. Or lose in any other way.

Can't believe im the only one to say kerrigan, she tricked the protoss and the terrans, AND the overmind, all to take over the Zerg. Hell hath no furry like a woman's scorn O_O

HELL HATH NO FURRIES? BLASPHEMY.

Also, Kerrigan didn't trick the Overmind. The Overmind tricked everyone. Get a copy of SC2. D;

Level 36
^
Well shit, that made me want to make a game/write a story/create a film in which the bad guy wins.

Sadly, people would be massively pissed after playing for 12 hours, watching for 2 or reading 90k words only to see the character which should be their favourite by now die. Or lose in any other way.

Going by what I reccon, to some degree this is exactly what Blizzard did with Wc3 Frozen Throne.
The bad guy (Arthas) won the whole game. And people really got pissed at that, right? >.>

Level 13
But that only works because you play as the villain, thus sympathise with him/her. If you play a game and fight a villain every step of the way only to fail in the end without being able to even try, you'd probably get pretty pissed.

If anyone's played Oblivion's expansion, Shivering Isles, consider Jyggalag winning the last fight.

Level 10
Went for the Gravemind. He's the most manipulative mastermind of all those 4. The Overmind and Kerrigan just mass zerg armies and f**k everything up. The Lich King does the same thing except with undead (well, he is smarter and more cunning than Kerrigan, preffering to cripple his enemies first than rather just outright attack them). The (or at least another) Gravemind killed the Forerunners and almost killed the Master Chief and the Arbiter, and we all know Master Chief pwnz.

Level 1
^
Also, Kerrigan didn't trick the Overmind. The Overmind tricked everyone. Get a copy of SC2. D;

I have one dude, but i guess i might need to brush up a bit on it, the overmind did plan ahead, but still, planning to kill yourself isn't exactly solid lol :goblin_boom:
I guess she thought she tricked the overmind, so yeah....sleepy time :D

Level 13
I have one dude, but i guess i might need to brush up a bit on it, the overmind did plan ahead, but still, planning to kill yourself isn't exactly solid lol :goblin_boom:
HEY TELL THAT TO THE 9/11 SUICIDE BOMBERS YOU RACIST.

on a srs note, the Overmind's plan was pretty damn clever.

He was OBVIOUSLY choking.

Gravemind for sure. Sure, the Overmind killed a few protoss. Sure, Kerrigan betrayed a few terrans. Sure, the Lich King destroyed the whole northern kingdom of Lordearon.

But tell me, who is the only one to totally wipe out(or be the cause of the wipeout of) an ancient species so advanced they built seven massive motherfreakin' rings? Who is the only that's survived numerous fatal injuries that could easily make the Zerg extinct in 1 blast? Who's got nice, lovely tentacles and looks like a plant from the Little Shop of Horrors?
GRAVEMIND. I rest my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.