• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Grass.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Ićpomp
Created from two different tile textures, re-colored and adjusted using GIMP. All credits belong to Blizzard Entertainment.

Keywords:
Grass, Tile, Lordaeron, Azeroth, Green,
Contents

Azeroth - Grass Short (Texture)

Reviews
19:03, 26th Mar 2015 Misha: eh, i personally thing the texture is edited too little to be approvable under the conditions we have set here.. because, it is as you said, just two tiles merged and recolored.. and that won't do, so.. i do encourage you...

M

19:03, 26th Mar 2015
Misha: eh, i personally thing the texture is edited too little to be approvable under the conditions we have set here.. because, it is as you said, just two tiles merged and recolored.. and that won't do, so.. i do encourage you to put it on forums

I'm not too sure.. i'd kinda add a bit more earthy background to that grass, if possible.. while keeping the green grass blades

I'm getting annoyed with everyone seeming to believe that dirty grass is more realistic. Have you ever seen grass in real life? When it's healthy, it's so dense you can't see the dirt beneath it. If he wants his grass to be dense, let it be dense, there's nothing unrealistic about that.

This is not to you specifically, but to the community: stop expecting people to do unrealistic things to match your perception of "realism" when you are basing your perception of reality on what you've seen in videogames instead of real life. Videogames use dirty grass, and other unrealistic excessive details, because people mistake detail for realism. Making something look realistic takes subtle details, not a mixture of as much detail as possible. Take a look at any new videogame's terrain, and then take a look at a photograph of a real life environment, and you will find that the videogame's terrain is usually far more detailed than a real environment. In real life, a field full of dense grass with no height variation, other vegetation, or gaps to see dirt beneath it, is very common. And yet the same in a videogame would be assaulted as "Plain and unrealistic" even if the grass were to have realistic variation throughout the entire field. People are just that eager to pick things apart.

I won't rate this, because it wasn't drawn, but made with Blizzard's work, but I will say I think this looks good. Boring, yes, but grass tends to be.

Last edited:
Level 30
Why so explosive? Misha has just pointed out what he thinks that could improve a resource, he didn't deserve that in any possible way. I'm fed up with Jaina models for an example, but does that give me the right to go and set ablaze all creators/commenters of them? Apart from that, his post was a constructive and neat idea suggestion. Your post was absolutely untasteful, as I can't see, like, anywhere that he mentioned "realistic" or "plain".

After all, it's a texture for WC3, and there are tons of grass skins you can use, and only 1 grassy dirt. We need grassy dirt.

You have an opinion, and that's good. But don' push it in other's face unless they asked you to. Or you'll end up like a nutjob who flamed a well respected user for no apparent reason, like now. I'm disappointed. Oh, and don't bother to try to reply to me, or this will end up ugly and guess who'll pull the shorter straw.

On topic: I'm pretty sure there's a VERY similar ladder tile, will check it soon. Apart from that, there's a ton of usable gras textures, I'm not convinced this CnP is worth the import and approval.

Level 10
Looks great! Great job, thanks for sharing and keep up the great work!

Pretty useful to me I think!

Level 13
Yeah why so angry about it, as if you want to shoot Misha on the head. You could just say ''I don't like it vote for rejection''. No need for harsh words, simple as that.

Edit: I think this grass is not good enough to be approved, that's what I think.

Level 12
If you've seen one kind of grass, then you've seen them all :p Man the only differences that are noticable to me are the color shades and the thickness. Grass is grass and grass is pretty much boring :|

Anyway, I think grass is too overrated to still be approved.

Why so explosive? Misha has just pointed out what he thinks that could improve a resource, he didn't deserve that in any possible way. I'm fed up with Jaina models for an example, but does that give me the right to go and set ablaze all creators/commenters of them? Apart from that, his post was a constructive and neat idea suggestion. Your post was absolutely untasteful, as I can't see, like, anywhere that he mentioned "realistic" or "plain".

After all, it's a texture for WC3, and there are tons of grass skins you can use, and only 1 grassy dirt. We need grassy dirt.

You have an opinion, and that's good. But don' push it in other's face unless they asked you to. Or you'll end up like a nutjob who flamed a well respected user for no apparent reason, like now. I'm disappointed. Oh, and don't bother to try to reply to me, or this will end up ugly and guess who'll pull the shorter straw.

On topic: I'm pretty sure there's a VERY similar ladder tile, will check it soon. Apart from that, there's a ton of usable gras textures, I'm not convinced this CnP is worth the import and approval.

First off, I didn't "explode" on anyone. All I did was voice my opinion as Misha voiced his. I used no words of anger. A disagreement does not equal a fight. Sometimes people disagree. I would consider Misha a friend that I often disagree with, not an enemy. I know that Misha is mature enough to listen to opinions contrary to his own, and in such discussion either of us could be exposed to thoughts we hadn't considered. There is no harm in that.

Secondly, I never said anything about approving this resource, only that I thought it looked good. I even specifically stated that I wouldn't rate it because it was Blizzard's work, not the authors. If it's rejected for being CnP, I have no argument with that; that's a justifiable reason; lack of dirt in a grass texture wouldn't have been.

Yeah why so angry about it, as if you want to shoot Misha on the head. You could just say ''I don't like it vote for rejection''. No need for harsh words, simple as that.

Edit: I think this grass is not good enough to be approved, that's what I think.

Disagreeing with someone is not the same as being angry at them. I hold no anger towards Misha. It is childish to be angry at someone just for having a different opinion. Unless that opinion is a poor opinion, but in this case it was an understandable disagreement.