• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gothic the Gathering 1.419

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

Gothic the Gathering 1.419 (Map)

Level 7
Err... Terrain is extremely bad, not many heros, nor items. Most of these games hosted last about 10 minutes... My suggestions are;
Bigger terrain (Longer horozontal map)
Reduce Exp. given per creep.
More items
More heros
Better *Terrain*
More towers
Stronger creeps.
Anywayz, GL :D

Level 22
Agreed. The quality of this is exceedingly low considering it is a host project worked on my several people. The terrain is bland, unrealistic with no detailing or doodad work, the heroes are pretty well balanced, but the unis composition makes no sense. You used a combination of normal (though scaled and colored strangly) unit models and hero models who have their dissipate anims broken, so their bodies just lay there for a long time. The other side seems to follow an undead theme, but the units compose of seemingly random creatures. Stick to a theme and follow it.
Needs a LOT of work. Any experienced AoS mapp can build something like this in an hour or less. And yes, a bigger map would help.
-VGsatomi

Level 3
I partially agree too!
The terrain is really not very good, but it isn't supposed to be realistic or good-looking...
We spent the most time on creating and improving funny abilities, making everything balanced perfectly and finding bugs!

The result is a map which looks like crap, but is very much fun to play :D . Besides, it takes only a short time to download in BNet ;)

You should try to understand that before complaining about such neglibible things!

Most of these games hosted last about 10 minutes...
My games hosted about.. until one team won! There are many people who like this map! :)

Anyway, the terrain really needs improvement, but I don't want to add more heroes/items! That would result in worse balance and would reduce the fun in gameplay... The (standard) creeps are weak on purpose.

Oncer

Level 6
This is pretty good but there are considerations to look at.

1. You do need more heroes.
2. Please reduce the units in 1 wave.
3. Make more items, try attribute ones.
4. LESS TOWERS TOGETHER
5. Neutral creeps could work but you'd need a bigger map.

Level 22
The result is a map which looks like crap, but is very much fun to play . Besides, it takes only a short time to download in BNet

Detailing and texturing doesnt increase file size very much. In fact, a epic size map with max doodads is still only a few hundred kb. Its when people start importing stuff that file sizes go through the roof...so never NEVER hold back on detailing. :wink: now take that into consideration, becuase right now it looks like a 20-minute job, which will impress no one on b.net...
-VGsatomi

Level 3
VGSatomi said:
;) now take that into consideration, becuase right now it looks like a 20-minute job, which will impress no one on b.net...

But it isn't a 20-minute job! I spent several weeks designing the heroes, the same time to balance the gameplay. And I spent 2 days translating the map into English! :shock:
Do you think the map is more fun, when there are doodads everywhere? I'm not sure...

Level 22
Here, I will re-emphesize my last post....

it looks like a 20-minute job...balance is important, probably most important in a matter of fact, but it looks like it was built in a very short period of time. Will cluttering doodads make it funner? no, but at least SOME visial appeal to make it look like you put effort into your map.
-VGsatomi

Level 3
@mr_coolies: Thx a lot for your great feedback! I like your idea of adding new heroes to the map (it would increase the fun factor), but ... hmm.. I got bored of rebalancing always the same map, so I started a new one. It will take very much time, so I won't work on GtG anymore.
But you are allowed, no, you are encouraged to add new features at your own (you may have already seen that the map is unprotected) and redistribute the map.

Have fun,
Oncer