• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gotham City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
This is my new map, I already am in Alpha stage before accidentally formatting my (good)hard drive due to windows displaying the wrong drive letters in command prompt. This is a set back, but at least I know my direction already.

This wont be the most innovative new map, but it will be an interesting single player experience based on a childhood dream. Later stages might incorporate multiplayer.

Features:
Play as Bruce Wayne in this LOAP/RPG/Hero Defense map.

Explore the City of Gotham
-Openable Doors system
-Wayne Mansion includes secret Batcave
-Hidden secret shops spread throughout the city

No Mana (Inventory Based Combat)
-Batman does not use mana, he has basic skills and relies heavily in his inventory
-Batman must choose which combination of items to equip (limit of 6, obviously)
-Items include armor, weapons, potions and gadgets
-Items have a use limit (projectiles such as batarangs are considered ammo)

Factions
-Hero(player)
-Villains
-Citizens
-Police

Reputation System
-Over 200 (0 being bad rep, 100 being normal, 200 being Super Hero)
-Showcased through a multiboard
-Killing a villain has a chance of increasing rep by 1 or decreasing it by 2
-You must arrest villains to gain 2 rep
-Arrest system uses a skill to arrest targeted units. Chance of successful arrest depends on how low enemy target health is.
-Having less than 90 rep will turn police hostile towards you
-Having less than 50 rep will turn citizens hostile towards you
-Having less than 10 rep will cause the mayor to call Superman to the city to beat you up :))

Secret Identity System
-You must not change within 300 distance of any citizen/police or your identity will be revealed
-Revealed Identity causes -100 rep
-You can use Bruce Wayne Identity to escape villains that are after Batman or vice versa
-Revealed Identity will cause villains/public to treat Batman and Bruce Wayne as one (causing villains to attack the Wayne Manor)
-You can purchase Media Coverage(from the Daily Planet) to secure your identity for a high price

Victory Conditions
-Secure all 10 Super Villains (in jail, or kill them all) for 10 minutes
-At this point many villains will try to break them out

Losing Conditions
-none
-Sandbox style Play (anything goes)
-game forces you to try to fix things no matter how bad they are
-morality system allows you to be a dictator villain
-example: 0 rep, all villains loose, your identity is revealed, superman after you, batcave ravaged, 0 money: You can purchase(steal) kryptonite from Lex Luthor to beat superman, purchase a nuke to kill all police, overthrow the mayor to become dictator of Gotham City. (Planned Feature, unsure how this goes)

Cars and Transport
-You can purchase regular cars from auto dealers. More expensive cars have nitro and special abilities. Cars have low armor.
-Batmobile can be purchase through Wayne Laboratories via Lucius Fox
-Three types (Tumbler, Classic, and the New Age)
-Remote Control (Automatically fetches to Batman)
-Batcoper and Batboat may or not be implemented due to uselessness

LOAP Fun System
-has fun Loap elements such as Bars, clubs, drugs and sluts.

Money System
-Only Bruce Wayne may purchase items or earn money through various ways
-you are NOT a millionaire, story is Lex stole all your mulah

Random Villains System
-contains random villains attacking Gotham. Batman may opt to capture them
for rep but usually police handles them.

Super Villains
-planned 10 super villains including joker, mr.freeze, man-bat, spider-man(coz he's marvel hahaha) and etc.
-Killing/capturing a super villain has larger effect on your rep
-Killing a super villain gives you a special item (ex. mr.freeze's freeze ray)

And a lot more! Watch out! Any suggested features or comments are welcome.

Level 3
I like that idea alot, only thing is, what would civilians do?

Civilians are innocents, not involved in fighting, kinda of people.

Level 2
lol batman.
Intresting, but that would take a crapload of work with all that terraining and you would need models i presume?.

Level 11
Could make basic items just abilities batman has, and item slots could be for anything else.
Also in beginning should be able to pick wich batman costume you want in like his "room" of costumes.

Level 6
civilians do nothing! they run when being chased around by baddies and your inability to "save" them will cost you. In the spirit of true comic justice, the civilians are only able to assault you, the hero, if your reputation goes too low. So imagine all npc's hostile to you...damn! special npc's will be neutral passive though, including newspaper people you can buy back reputation from.

So the goal of the game is capture all 10 super villains or kill all of them. Super villains die permanently so most people would take the easy way out and kill them and just buy back some rep. To fix this, super villains are equipped with ankhs of reincarnation that makes it balanced to keep em in jail on a high chance of breakout or kill em over and over.

You will see some civilian action in the game though, i recommend checking out the backroom of the geisha house:))

Terraining is about 25% complete.

Level 3
I don't think it should just be batman. This map could be applied to a number of heros. To solve it just make it the justice league, that way you have your choice of heros and a wide variety of villians to fight with the basic same principal.

Level 11
then you would need lots of custom models, and much bigger map for other cities, not worth it. Maybe a few heroes that would make sense together in the same city. But not the whole justice league.

Status
Not open for further replies.