• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Got 3 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
1. Getting unit type unit is upgrading to, how ?
  • BurrowUpgradeFixer
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins an upgrade
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Burrow
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Orc Burrow - Stand Down
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to train/upgrade to a Watch Tower
If an Burrow begins upgrading with Peons still inside it becomes an super-tower after upgrade, and the Peons inside are consumed. Have to get them out prior to upgrading in order to prevent this.
An extra condition must come checking if burrow is upgrading to Watch Tower or Cannon Tower, and then mimics it accordingly, but where is that located, or does it exist at all ?
Should do instead simply cancel and display error msg ? "You need to get out those Peons first"

2. Corrosive Breath is not working in my map, but why ?
Wanted to clone it as Felfire breath for an certain black drake unit, however it does nothing. I noticed at default it doesnt even have the specific buff for it, gave it, nothing happent. Tested with Chimera and original Corrosive Breath.
Does this ability have to get enabled by an research in order to function ?

3. How to get an custom Windwalk to not turn off the hero's collision ?

Level 12
1.use (triggering unit equal to <upgrade name> . While it doesnt make sence it should work

Edit: Here is how I used it and it worked
  • RedRandom
    • Events
      • Unit - Race Market 0000 <gen> Begins an upgrade
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Random race
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 UnitTypeVarArray[(Random integer number between 1 and 11)] for Player 1 (Red) at (Player 1 (Red) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Remove Race Market 0000 <gen> from the game
      • Selection - Select (Last created unit) for Player 1 (Red)

Level 10
1. Know that canceling an upgrade causes you to lose resources unless you changed it in gameplay constants
  • Burrow 2 Tower
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins an upgrade
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Watch Tower
      • ((Triggering unit) is in Group) Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off Burrow 2 Tower PT2 <gen>
      • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to Group
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: (String((Unit-type of (Triggering unit))))
      • Custom script: call IssueImmediateOrderById(GetTriggerUnit(), 851976)
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to train/upgrade to a Watch Tower
      • Trigger - Turn on Burrow 2 Tower PT2 <gen>
  • Burrow 2 Tower PT2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Cancels an upgrade
      • Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is in Group) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Remove (Triggering unit) from Group
2. Corrosive Breath just unlocks the Siege damage (seconds attack) for Chimeras. It's the same with Gyrocopters with the Bomb upgrade. I think you are after Burning Oil from Bat Riders.

3. Create base the ability off Berserk and whenever a unit uses that ability, give them the Permanent Invisibility ability, or if you don't mind having two buffs & would not like to deal with timers, just create a dummy and make it cast Invisible on your unit.

Attachments

• Burrow to Tower.w3x
    17.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Level 29
DEE-BOO your trigger works in the map given, but didnt work when copied into my map.
The only thing i did change in the trigger when copying is the txt message, is that required ?
Cargo Hold and Stand Down abilities are already of the default burrow's, the only difference is Battle Stations (chaos) on my Fel Orc Burrow.
I tried replacing Battle Stations with regular to see if will function, trigger didnt work (and crash game with fatal error on exit if an chaos burrow has completed upgrading).
In this case will presume for it in order to function the unit must be the default orc burrow, with default battle stations ability and the default peon units inside.

Level 10
I found the issue, the upgrading unit type must be Burrow for it to detect it
  • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Burrow
. Quite weird since in my test map, I use the new upgrade (Arrow Tower) and it works. Since this is the issue, there is no way to detect whether the unit is trying to upgrade to either the Arrow Tower or the Cannon Tower, so there is nothing we can do :|

Level 29
necessity is the mother of inventions

In that case i will have to merge the two towers and implement weapon switch (activate-bolts-activate cannons).
Or will have to do it the error message way:
Detect if there is an fel orc peon loaded in cargo hold chaos, tell upgrading burrow to stop, refund the cost, display message "have to get out those peons"
edit: Or i can make transition into using cannons permanent over the sphinxformjust normal upgrade. Cannon will become an upgrade of arrow.

Level 10
Arrow to Cannon sounds like a good alternative, but I don't understand this bug at all. I tried going back to my test map and making a Burrow able to turn into a Cannon or Arrow and it works fine. When you upgrade from Burrow to Arrow without workers inside, the name of the burrow becomes Arrow Tower, but if there are workers inside, the name stays as Burrow. I think it may have to do something with your custom Fel Burrow Cargo ability.

Level 29
Pay notice that the cargo hold all burrows have in the map is the default one, custom is Battle Stations ability since it is controlling which unit type is allowed into the burrow. Any other has been left as the default.
Then it can be assumed the
order checks if there are Peons inside the Cargo Hold to be unloaded, ofcourse this doesnt function when there is any other unit loaded into the burrow as it does not look for them at all.
Or perhaps it checks for if the burrow has the default Battle Stations ability, either of those two.

But yeah, thanks for the help and im going the cannons as upgrade to arrow route, unless an more elegant solution happens to fall on my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.