• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Orc Burrow should release occupants when upgrading

I have given Orc Burrow structure a building upgrade to Watch Tower, issue is that if there was Peons inside they cannot eject out of it when the upgrade begins, and are lost when the upgrade has finished. i thought that it would automatically eject occupants upon being issued the order to upgrade yet turns out to not be the case. Is there any way i can prevent this ? i can only hope that it can be done without requiring a complicated system for it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Tried removing critical abilities from the orc burrow when it upgrades? Such as removing the cargo hold ability. Try forcing the units to unload.

A work around might be to make a dummy upgrade unit type which is the exact same orc burrow with the expected cost and watch tower model. When the burrow finishes upgrading into this dummy burrow type, it forcefully unloads all units from the burrow using triggers, and only when all units are unloaded would triggers then cause the dummy burrow to near instantly upgrade into the watch tower.

ive managed to solve it by using DEE-BOO's method from this thread: