• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Giving a custom order before a building upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I have a watch tower and it can garrison 4 archers in it, but when i upgrade it to a guard tower, there are still 4 archers in it even though the guard tower can only garrison crossbowmen. If i ungarrison the archers, they cant go back, but now my crossbowmen can. I then decided to make a trigger to ungarrison the archers before the watch tower begins upgrading to a guard tower, because its kind of cheap to have archers in a guard tower that are attacking with the same damage of crossbowmen. I began with:
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit Begins an upgrade
  • Conditions
  • (Unit-type of (triggering unit) Equals to Watch Tower
  • Actions
  • Unit - Order (triggering unit) to Orc Burrow - Stand Down
I tried that but it didn't work, i have a custom ability for stand down and i can not see any of my custom abilities on the selection list!
What do i do?

Level 8
I tried that but it didn't work, i have a custom ability for stand down and i can not see any of my custom abilities on the selection list!
What do i do?

I would consider using the triggers to make the tower ungarrison the archers. I think it's not working 'cause the tower can't use the ungarrison ability while upgradin. Even better you can make the tower cancel the upgrades, ungarrisson the archers and then automatically upgrading again. I don't remember if the refund factor is applied to researchs, if so, you musts give the lost gold with triggers or set the refund factor to 0 in gameplay constants.

Maybe the ability you trying to give to the tower is a hero ability, if so, only heroes can have those. Looks way to simple, but it's easy to forget to uncheck "Stats - Hero Ability".

But yeah, i've already seen hero towers, and assuming you based that ungarrisson ability in the original one (from the burrow) maybe you trying to give a unit ability to a hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.