• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Google Chrome really slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

This morning I opened up google chrome, it was very slow. It loaded some pages, but slowly. Some pages, like facebook, it loaded to weird non-styled mode without graphics, only text. But some pages, including hive, it didn't load.
I enabled IE from control panel and I've been somewhat happy with it. But, after I pressed Ctrl + Shift + N and retried it 2 times (incnoqito mode, the reason I use chrome) I realized I can't live without Chrome, I need someone's help D:
Steam works properly, IE works properly and Skype works properly. I tried to re-enable my connection, downdate the ethernet driver and re-update it, restart my pc, chrome with other computer (worked), chrome beta (didn't work), uninstalling chrome and reinstalling (didn't work).
Also checked the add-ons, only AdBlock and BitDefender wallet on. Tried disabling AdBlock, didn't work, also BitDefender wallet works just fine on IE.

I know I didn't give much info about my system, but I don't really know what info should I give. :/

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

try disabling bitdefender wallet anyway

tried, still very slow

Did you try clearing your cache? (Tools -> Clear Browsing Data, checkmark history, cache, cookies, download history)

Make sure you're also not running through a proxy by accident. (check Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Change Proxy Settings)

cleared those, did not make any difference. That window showed nothing checked and nothing in the list.

I don't even have any restore points because of my 64GB ssd :S

Level 14
This morning I opened up google chrome, it was very slow. It loaded some pages, but slowly. Some pages, like facebook, it loaded to weird non-styled mode without graphics, only text. But some pages, including hive, it didn't load.
I enabled IE from control panel and I've been somewhat happy with it. But, after I pressed Ctrl + Shift + N and retried it 2 times (incnoqito mode, the reason I use chrome) I realized I can't live without Chrome, I need someone's help D:
Steam works properly, IE works properly and Skype works properly. I tried to re-enable my connection, downdate the ethernet driver and re-update it, restart my pc, chrome with other computer (worked), chrome beta (didn't work), uninstalling chrome and reinstalling (didn't work).
Also checked the add-ons, only AdBlock and BitDefender wallet on. Tried disabling AdBlock, didn't work, also BitDefender wallet works just fine on IE.

I know I didn't give much info about my system, but I don't really know what info should I give. :/

What does incognito mode actually do?

Try Firefox, Safari, Opera maybe?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

What does incognito mode actually do?

Try Firefox, Safari, Opera maybe?

It's a private browsing mode, it saves as few data as possible from your browsing.

Last time I tried those the bar at the top used way too much space. IE's bar is a bit bolder than Chrome's one, but not too much.

Level 14
A friend of mine told me the same. I don't see how 5 pixels are a problem. If you fullscreen the bar at the top uses the same space as Chrome.

Firefox just has options you need to set for 'incognito'.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

A friend of mine told me the same. I don't see how 5 pixels are a problem. If you fullscreen the bar at the top uses the same space as Chrome.

Firefox just has options you need to set for 'incognito'.

I might've got that wrong but I need to set being fully anonymous from options? Sounds far too complicated from a simple shortcut Chrome and IE has.

Internet Explorer has "InPrivate Browsing" which acts like what you described "incognito mode" as.

I think only newer versions of Internet Explorer have it so that is Vista and newer only.

I found it, and the shortcut is nearly the same, Ctrl + Shift + P.

I have IE 11 so the version shouldn't be old.

Oh god, I start liking IE :D Last version I used before was like horrible 7 or 8 at school. But now it only seems to lack the functionality of selecting text and dragging it to unused space in tabs' area to make search for it.

Level 14
I might've got that wrong but I need to set being fully anonymous from options? Sounds far too complicated from a simple shortcut Chrome and IE has.

If that sounds too complicated, I am amazed you managed to register an account on THW, login on said account, realize your web browser has a problem, and be able to articulate it on a forum in search for an answer.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I have IE 11 so the version shouldn't be old.
Which seems... Strange seeing how the latest is IE10 released a few months ago. You using the beta?

I generally advise staying away from those unless you use it to test a website. The developers are still working at it so it may be open to some security vulnerabilities that they are busy working on fixing or yet to discover. This is a problem with adding anything new and partly why it is not released immediately.

Anyway the feature is in IE10 but if you plan to visit dubious sites (where malware is often found) I advise using the latest release (10) rather than a beta preview that could still have problems (11). Obviously as the preview gets older the problems will be fixed and eventually everyone will get it, but early previews are risky.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Yes I have the preview release because I love beta versions, I usually use beta drivers for my GPU.
I'm willing to do that, but is there a way to save my login data to IE10?
I just thought antiviruses could block those off? I have BitDefender's total security, which blocks my access to infected links. Doesn't that take away the need of a secure browser?

Level 1
Internet Explorer has "InPrivate Browsing" which acts like what you described "incognito mode" as.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Ah, you brought this thread back up.

The problem no longer exists, I did nothing, it just went away. Restarts didn't work, CCleaner didn't work and disabling extensions didn't work.

Level 22
You didn't even update? Some guy must have sabotaged your browsing experience! haha xD Hey don't look at me like that, it wasn't me :( Really!

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

My browsing experience is ruined when I can't use Chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.