• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Google Chrome / Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I've heard a lot of people like google chrome very much, and now I'd like to know... What is good about it and is it better than firefox? What in google chrome is better than firefox and what is worse? Tell me pros and cons you know, I want to know. :p

Level 21
chrome has a superfast java interpreter
chrome has a good API for extensions, even though not many extensions have been made so far, so when it comes to actual downloadable extensions firefox wins
chrome has a much smaller interface and gets all the stuff you really need on a very small interface. So the interface is a matter of taste.

I'm all for chrome because I:
- want speed
- don't need a huge gui to take up half my screen
- don't need a shitload of plugins

If you don't agree with any of those 3 points, you better stick to FF. Otherwise, chrome all the way.

Level 15
chrome has a superfast java interpreter
chrome has a good API for extensions, even though not many extensions have been made so far, so when it comes to actual downloadable extensions firefox wins
chrome has a much smaller interface and gets all the stuff you really need on a very small interface. So the interface is a matter of taste.

I'm all for chrome because I:
- want speed
- don't need a huge gui to take up half my screen
- don't need a shitload of plugins

If you don't agree with any of those 3 points, you better stick to FF. Otherwise, chrome all the way.
Elandor nailed it pretty much.
And don't forget the background updates.

Level 34
For THW, FF is better, because those dropdown menus don't work so well with Chrome.
It's true, but I stick with it anyways.

Elendor nailed it. FF has the add-ons which a lot of people like, but I never used them, and prefer everything about Chrome basically. Also tabs use a separate process (correct me if I'm wrong), which is nice when one crashes.

Level 12
I love Chrome! Nothing better than a ping to google.com saying what you're visiting.(no offence meant to chrome users). But, since not all my games and softs are 100% legit, I'll stick with FF. Plus, I like NoScript & Adblock+ .

Level 21
There's something like a privacy law. Google can't sue you because you do illegal stuff, and they never will if the worst you've done is pirating a game. Seriously, they got better things to do. Even then, using gmail in firefox (and staying logged on automatically) is just as *bad* as using gmail in chrome.

And there's also a chrome adblocker.

Level 21
chrome's adblocker is just the same as FF's, for all I know. And if you don't have gmail I don't think chrome is going to collect information about your browsing history. Even microsoft doesn't really care, I don't think they ever make windows media player or IE collect information to see if your version of windows is legal. Windows auto-updater does all this, and that's pretty obvious since that tool is part of the OS.

Then again, if you're in it for the plugins, there's no arguing that FF is the leader right now.

Level 11
Still, Chrome's default adblocker is nothing compared to NoScript. The thing is that Chrome is a very new browser, so there are not many plugins/themes/whatever for it.

Level 21
Still, Chrome's default adblocker is nothing compared to NoScript. The thing is that Chrome is a very new browser, so there are not many plugins/themes/whatever for it.

Chrome doesn't even have an adblocker on default. All it has is pop-up protection. Frankly, some ads don't really bother me when they don't pop-up in new windows. I've never felt the urge yet to enlarge my penis or to claim my 1 million dollars I won by being the 999 999'th visitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.