1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

GoblinAirDrone

Submitted by Geries, MiniMage
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
A fancy little model I mode. I made the mesh except for the spinning rotor blades, geries made those and I then gave it gyrocopter anims. Geries then made the rotorblades spin and helped me with spinning the miniguns during its attack animation.

I spent me roughly 11 days making this, and on the final day when geries helped me, we managed to get most things working. However, if you got any critiques, ideas, bugs you name it, point it out and I'll fix it ASAP.

I wasn't planning on releasing this model until my map was done, but meh, you'll get this one a little earlier just because. This is the summon for the Goblin Rifleman on my map.

Anyhow, Enjoy.

Since some have issues with credits. I will summarize them.
MiniMage -> 99% Mesh.
Geries -> 1% Mesh, Helped with animations.

The model was heavily inspired by this picture.
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/081/4/b/copter_drone_by_pixel_saurus-d5yrqps.jpg

Please note, the death animation references the neutral death explosion. For added effect, download this model. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/ultimate-explosion-air-based-explosion-48748/?prev=search%3Dexplosion%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

Then change the filepath of that explosion to
"Objects\Spawnmodels\Other\NeutralBuildingExplosion\NeutralBuildingExplosion.mdx"

I would also suggest that you have about the height of the Gryphon Rider. That is to ensure that the death anim looks good. With that height, it looks like my model spins down and explodes on the ground or at the very least, close to it. ;P

Edit:Geries tweaked some animations for me and I removed some unnessary attachment points as suggested.

Keywords:
Goblin, Summon, Robot, Mech, Miniguns, Death, Death from above, rain of lead, doom, destruction,
Contents

GoblinAirDrone (Model)

Reviews
[img] [img] Misha [img] 22nd Aug 2013 Moderator's Review: well done model, and I approve it. however maybe you could try adding some grinding sound to the start of the death anim. it would kinda pit, imo c: EDIT: UPPed the rating a...
  1. [​IMG] [​IMG] Misha [​IMG] 22nd Aug 2013
    Moderator's Review:

well done model, and I approve it. however maybe you could try adding some grinding sound to the start of the death anim. it would kinda pit, imo c:

EDIT: UPPed the rating a little, the model deserves it

2. Geries

Geries

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    good.

3. imforfun

imforfun

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    woah nice! : )

4. kellym0

kellym0

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I like how in stand - 2 it spontaneously catches fire, and uses fire extinguishers to put its self out.

perhaps a ''spell'' animation so that it can use those extinguishers continuously to heal its self, like a priest, rather then ''stand - 2'' because that's harder to access using a simple heal animation. for that to work as it is now we would need custom script triggers. which is kind of harsh.

still cool as it is, I particularly like the face, with 3 eyes, that glow team color, the rail guns seem a bit long, but other wise good.

8/10 I see basically nothing to change. and barely any thing to add.

perhaps a ''spell channel'' so it can fire those rail guns continuously non stop instead of in spit fire mode, giving an all out ''melt the guns for the damage'' kind of use. could add more dynamic ''run away from the stationary lead storm!'' type of situation.

5. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    upload the gray one -.-

6. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    What gray one? That blackish one was used when texturing the holders of the rotor blades.
    I could potentially texture it with alternate anims tho. Hm.

Well, whatever. Will take a look at that option tomorow after I've had some sleep.

7. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Really interesting. Glad you got a dual-rotored model "off the ground". :p

8. Marcos DAB

Marcos DAB

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Amazing custom mech.

9. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    :#..

10. Sin'dorei300

Sin'dorei300

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Looks fucking kewl, gj man! ;)

11. ILH

ILH

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Useful
    4/5 +Rep to your work

12. Hell_Raider

Hell_Raider

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh this looks flippin' sweet!

13. Roland

Roland

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    This model is really sick, sweet, awesome and such a Tremendous 3D Model. Thus, the Animation is Outstanding including the attack sequence, This model will be voted as Director's cut.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  14. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    gosh darned that looks cool

15. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah it deserves a dc

16. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I just realized I forgot to add the dark textured version as an alternate. Gonna get working on that. In other news, got me a new mouse to replace my old one that broke down, this should probably be done fairly quickly, because the new mouse is fucking epic. At least when I compare it to the 6 year old one that I had to use while waiting for this new one.

Edit: Actually, been thinking. What kind of dark textures is there, because you wanted me to make an alternate with a darkish skin, any suggestions? Will probably just tinker with other models meanwhile, why I ponder on what texture to use. The alternate animation part is simple though and is done within minutes when I have finally found a decent texture. Pitch black does not work.

Or should I use the tinker tank texture and make a version that looks grayish and silverish?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  17. UndeadImmortal

UndeadImmortal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hawt hawt hawt hawt hawt...

18. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I love it! 4/5.

I want to fly that mofo!

19. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah silverish would look fine as it would look like the reference picture. :p