• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Glory of the Spartans

Detail

Status

Forum - http://septimus.invisionplus.net
Map Status - Protected
Current Version - 1.03
Duration - 7 minutes

Description

Find out how did the Spartan defeat the Persian in Battle Of Thermopylae.

Screenshot

148027-albums401-picture6577.jpg

148027-albums401-picture6578.jpg

148027-albums401-picture6579.jpg

148027-albums401-picture6580.jpg

148027-albums401-picture6581.jpg

Notice

1) Open Sources

• If this map is open sources, it mean this map are free to be view by everybody regardless of age, community, religion and status.
  • Open sources doesn't mean you could edit this map freely without my permission for the sake of fun or various reason, you still got to ask my permission to do so.

2) Protected

• If this map is protected, it mean there is an content or resources that are deem to be exclusive or specially made for the map that I strictly do not allowed other to use or neiter view it.
  • If you wish to view the map through world editor, kindly ask my permission and I would send the open sources to you if I see your reason to be acceptable.

Credit
SectionContributer
Model
  • Tranquil
  • Radagast
Terrainer
  • forzamoto
Language, Spelling & Grammar
  • hellblazer-14
Changelog
Version StatusUpdate Information
  • Beta release.
  • Update detail no longer available.
  • Update detail no longer available.
  • Change description.
Septimus Map Resources

[THREAD="87433"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ?[/THREAD]
[THREAD="100164"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (2)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="106408"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (3)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="116973"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (4)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="117009"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (5)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82506"]Are You Intelligent ? (Survivor)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82507"]Are You Intelligent ? (Solo)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82508"]Are You Intelligent ? (Cooperate)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="83511"]Are You Intelligent ? (Team)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="85518"]Are You Intelligent ? (Time)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82626"]KFC 300[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84623"]Sparta - Modern Warfare[/THREAD]
[THREAD="88705"]United States Of 300[/THREAD]
[THREAD="89067"]Glory Of the Spartans[/THREAD]
[THREAD="108889"]Harry Pottaa And The Dining In Hell[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84733"]Symmetry Park[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95556"]Stairway[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95423"]Garuda Ruins[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95711"]Heion Forest[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95683"]Flood Point[/THREAD]
[THREAD="83746"]Olympic Torch[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84214"]Omaha Assault[/THREAD]
[THREAD="86253"]Kill Me[/THREAD]
[THREAD="105092"]Invasion Of MasterHaosis[/THREAD]
[THREAD="108660"]Dan War[/THREAD]
[THREAD="118947"]Click To Kill[/THREAD]
[THREAD="122023"]Dodge[/THREAD]
[THREAD="100225"]Just For Laughs[/THREAD]
[THREAD="97315"]The Human Sin - Trailer[/THREAD]
[THREAD="116696"]Brotherhood Of Kenji[/THREAD]
[THREAD="118665"]Memory Forever[/THREAD]
[THREAD="122211"]Hand of Justice[/THREAD]
[THREAD="128667"]The Confrontation[/THREAD]
[THREAD="168596"]Unknown Cinematic[/THREAD]

Contents

Glory of the Spartans (Map)

Level 12
Hey Septimus! Time for a very tough review ;p

PROS ---

- The cameras where pretty awesome, no "stops" in between or anything.
- The Storyline was very good
- Funny
- Unexpected twist xD

CONS ---

- Terrain is horrible, the desert is a whole heap of raised jagged things, use smooth to flatten it out a bit.
- THe Spartan town is flat and ugly, add some environmental doodads and more "town" stuff...
- (contain spoiler)
- (contain spoiler)

Thats all I can come up with at the moment, sorry for the harsh review, I can see you put a fair bit of time into this! Good luck with any other stuff you make ^^

Hellblazer-14

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 13
Heyy.... i shouldn't have mentioned that cinematic making at the chatroom XD anyway i can smell this is going to kill me.. im going to school i'll tell ya later This was bloody hilarious but i agree on hellblazer-14's Cons so... 4 and a half/5

Last edited:
Level 8
WTF???? I want my 3 minutes back. (would have been 30 seconds if shit had been timed right!)

Did you make that map all at once, then just release it? Did you actually watch it??? What's with the huge 30 second pauses in between each 1 second of dialog?

I'm sorry man, nice idea, but it needed WAY better execution. (I did like the loading screen pic though).

Level 31
Dude, I had test it many times before I release it.

There is no 30 seconds pause between each dialog.

It just that the camera movement had been set to slow to give the impact of a slow and steady fight.

If I had just make the map all at once without watching it and tested it, there would be a lot of major bug on it.

Also, a professional map editor would always ensure their cinematic camera constantly moving around all the time. If you had watch the cinematic, you can be sure the camera is moving most of the time.

They would also ensure those dialog are readable instead of switching to another dialog just after 2 seconds.

Level 8
Dude, I had test it many times before I release it.

There is no 30 seconds pause between each dialog.

It just that the camera movement had been set to slow to give the impact of a slow and steady fight.

If I had just make the map all at once without watching it and tested it, there would be a lot of major bug on it.

Also, a professional map editor would always ensure their cinematic camera constantly moving around all the time. If you had watch the cinematic, you can be sure the camera is moving most of the time.

They would also ensure those dialog are readable instead of switching to another dialog just after 2 seconds.

The 30 seconds was an exaggeration.

And no... you can have still cameras, it just has to be appropriate.

What fight? I saw no killing of soldier-on-soldier combat. Thousands of them just died when Archimonde showed up.

Well, I was able to thoroughly examine each set of dialog with the time allotted. (There were a couple of typos, or the subtitles not exactly what was being said).

The guy hits the lever, and an eon later, the missile launches. Then there are 5+ mushroom clouds?

That's some pretty bad quality sounds from the movie. If you want clean sounds, play the movie on your computer, and get a program like Audacity to record the Stereo Mix from you computer speakers (no mic needed).

Sorry if I've come off a bit sour. I clicked my neck wrong, now the right side of my upper back is hurting, so I'm in a bit of a bad mood.

The main things you need to work on for this map are: (in priority descending order)
- Timing
- Terrain
- Sound Quality
- Fix a few typos (VERY few though I might add)

Level 31
Do you know that there is a missile can split into several part ? Try see how those NASA launch their rocket to space and you can get the explaination out of it.

It had the similiarity of the cluster bomb where those bomb would split to smaller part.

Edit : The terrain might be a bit bland, but the timing had been set in the proper way. Making it any faster and the whole camera view, dialog and voice effect would screw up.

Try make your own cinematic and you would definitely get my drift.

Last edited:
Hmm let's see...

Suggestions:
  • Work more on the terrain:
    • The terrain at the battlefield was very sharp 'n pointy, I recommend smoothing it a bit and maybe adding some doodads
    • The terrain everywhere else was very flat, you could use some Noise and Smooth there
    • Maybe add more buildings, trees, doodads to the "Spartan homeland"?
  • Fix the spelling errors:
    • "How The Spartan Win ?" -> "How Did The Spartans Win?"
    • "That it, I am dead" -> "That's it, I am dead"
    • "...mortal resistant..." -> "...mortal resistance..."
    • "...I would had launch this invasion..." -> "...I would have launched this invasion..."
  • Give credits:
    • I saw some imported models in the map but I didn't see credits anywhere...

But keep on working, you'll be a great map maker some day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
Classic

Great Movie Septimus, as always you deliver well, and your right, got to learn basic triggering, but, about the movie I would give it a 5/5, because there was a very good twist, make some more bro!