• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Global silence trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
You know that ability from DotA, where you cast it and it casts silence over the whole map?

Well I've tried to do this via triggers and dummy ability but it doesn't seem to work as I tried it.
I made a dummy ability type olf thunderclap with no damage or slow and set in GUI that unit casting this ability will cast another ability (The silence with unlimited aoe) in the middle of map.

Well. It seems to not work with the Dark Ranger silence thingy in "issue orders" ...

Is there any other way to make it work?
I'd be very glad if you helped me, it's for my stupid crazy tank arena map. :gg:

Level 4
Oh well, I've tried the way you told me to.

It doesn't work and I don't know how to make it work.

Maybe I'm just too dumb to get it. :sad:

Anyone minds to make the trigger for me? At least I'll learn something from that.

You make it harder than it is :p
You just make an ability based off Silence with Area of Effect = 99999.00 and you order your dummy to cast it at the position of your hero.
  • GB1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Global Silence
    • Actions
      • Set Point1 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy (Generic Uses) for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point1 facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Global Silence (Dummy) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Global Silence (Dummy) for (Last created unit) to (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Dark Ranger - Silence Point1
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)
Test Map:
View attachment Global Silence.w3x

Status
Not open for further replies.