• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Very Difficult Question- fixing a serious unexplainable bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
i have ability Nuclear. I use the well known missile launch and in the impact - the big exlosion occurs, i use 'cause casting unit to damage ...in circular area.... 'action and
'Picky every unit wuthin units in target point of ability being cast:
loop: If ((((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Picked unit) is Mechanical) Equal to False)) then do (Unit - Add ..... to (Picked unit)) else do (Do nothing)
'
It works, HOWEVER

If any unit casts its own ability while Nuclear ability is taking place,(the hero abilities having nothing to do with the nuclear ability and nothing to do with order unit to cast) the damage and the added ability(then do add ... to picked unit) do not occur. And that is if a unit uses any ability before the explosion and the damage take place.

I tried to silence all but same thing, even if i add the silence to a created dummy and order to cast it, it is still before the damage and after the spell thus, damage doesnt occur again since an abilit has been used before.

What you might help me with is:
How to make a silence for example is done seconds BEFORE the nuclear abilit starts. How to make it recognize that if im going to start this ability to do silence before it starts.

Level 1
well I dunno but u can try this:
Instead of pick unit :? ... u can use warstomp, like Ramza said :wink: , and u cant make a trigger before an ability starts, u can do it while the casting unit is loading the skill.Anyways, why u want to silence them? units cant stun the nuclear hero and well :roll: . I need u to tell me what unit cast what ability, and if the unit cast it in the AOE of the nuclear stuff
Thx

Level 7
I might try it but i have another idea too. I will make the whole trigger to be run after 1st casting silence to all or i will simply rework the 1st part of the nuclear triggers. Thx anyway.

Level 7
No, actually it's stupid to disable abilities or silence them, not to say to stun units. What if a unit can avoid the nuclear with its ability? The disabling of abilities is totally unrealistic. Therefore, i must make the explosion animation, the damage and the ability added (radiaiton)to occur even if a unit casts an ability before the nuclear damage takes place. I dont get it why they dont occur, in what way can any ability cause these triggers not to work.

Maybe i can give you the whole triggers and if you tell me what causes any other ability cast during the process to disable some of the actions ... ur rly good.

Nuclear Fission

E: Unit Begins casting an ability
C: Ability.. = Nuclear Strike
A:
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Target point of ability being cast) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\Bloodlust\BloodlustTarget.mdl
Sound - Play TGhLas00 <gen> at 100.00% volume, located at (Target point of ability being cast) with Z offset 0.00
Wait 3.00 seconds
Animation - Play (Casting unit)'s spell animation
Unit - Create 1 Nuclear Missile for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Animation - Change (Last created unit) flying height to 1500.00 at 1000.00
Sound - Play tadUPD04 <gen> at 100.00% volume, located at (Target point of ability being cast) with Z offset 0.00
Wait 1.00 seconds
Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cffff0000Nuclear L...
Wait 4.00 seconds
Unit - Create 1 strike for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at ((Target point of ability being cast) offset by 30.00 towards 0.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees

(strike is a custom unit dummy)

Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack Ground (Target point of ability being cast)
Wait 3.25 seconds
Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
Unit - Create 1 explosion for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees

(explosion is an enlarged custom unit with model of mortar explosion impact... umm the fire mushroom)

Animation - Play (Last created unit)'s death animation
Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s animation speed to 10.00% of its original speed
Environment - Create a 3.00 second Normal ripple deformation at (Target point of ability being cast) with starting radius 975.00, ending radius 1000.00, and depth -50.00, using 4.00 second ripples spaced 1800.00 apart
Wait 1.00 seconds
Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 5000.00 at (Target point of ability being cast), dealing 7000.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Universal

Destructible - Pick every destructible within 5000.00 of (Target point of ability being cast) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Destructible - Kill (Picked destructible)
If ((Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Streetlamp ) then do (Destructible - Remove (Picked destructible)) else do (Do nothing)
Wait 0.50 seconds

Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 8000.00 of (Target point of ability being cast)) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If ((((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Picked unit) is Mechanical) Equal to False)) then do (Unit - Add Radiation to (Picked unit)) else do (Do nothing)
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 8000.00 of (Target point of ability being cast)) and do (If (((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to True) then do (Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked unit)) using war3mapImported\Radioactivecloud.mdx) else do (Do nothing)) (more effects of radiation on the map)
For each (Integer A) from 1 to 5, do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Create 1 smoke for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees
Set smoke[(Integer A)] = (Last created unit)
For each (Integer A) from 1 to 5, do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Remove smoke[(Integer A)] from the game
Wait 5.00 seconds

Ok, now i even gave you triggers with which the nuclear will much more realistic than those nuclears uploaded in the 'Spells'. NOTICE: ALL you see as triggers WORKS unless another unit or the same casting unit starts another ability before the damage takes place:------> then you see only an Environment ripple not even on the target point of ability being cast, somehwere away, no 'explosion', no damage , no radiation added, no special effect to buildings, THEN The rest Trigs WORK with the destructibles are killed.

Loooks like noone can fix it :D thats why i mass pm for further help

Level 6
HipHopMan said:
well I dunno but u can try this:
Instead of pick unit :? ... u can use warstomp, like Ramza said :wink: , and u cant make a trigger before an ability starts, u can do it while the casting unit is loading the skill.Anyways, why u want to silence them? units cant stun the nuclear hero and well :roll: . I need u to tell me what unit cast what ability, and if the unit cast it in the AOE of the nuclear stuff
Thx

not true, unit begins casting triggers BEFORE the unit actually casts the ability

Level 7
Ok ignore all previous replies of me and see the one above you. There i say that stunning and silence - no thx. Because the ability is supposed to work with its triggers even if someone casts smth else during that process. Thats why the problem is in the upper reply of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.