• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Global Morals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Anyone who would take any innocent life with them, and ruin the lives of all kinds of people, and families, steal the lives of people, and take them away from their family, and friends, leaving said family and friends crying in the dust, all because they want to have some selfish, ass-faced, joy ride with people's destinies...is a sick, bastardized, self-centered, faggot, who should be shot in the face, to put it quite honestly, and bluntly.

Religious debate is irrelevant, it is downright retarded to pull such a dumb, and selfish stunt.

There are consequences, even in death.

And killing, raping, pillaging everyone you can in ten minutes destroys the lives, sanity, and breaks the hearts of hundreds of families, and it makes the person who does it look like a downright vindictive butt of society, not to mention the shame it brings on the family that spawned the little heathen.

You seem to have quite a self-centered vision on humanity too. What you think is "good" and "evil" doesn't have to be the "good" and "bad" of others, unless you want to impose yours in a radical kind of way... as you have already suggested. Shot in the face? Just for expressing their opinions, even if they disgust you? Even (as it is the case for most of the posts here) if it's just a joke, or maybe a wild dream? I see some tiran potential in you there.
Stop believing that humanity is either good or evil, humanity is as it is and as it always has been, with just some subtle differences.

Level 35
Humanity, my friend, is a disgusting race of bastardized apes. They ARE evil, with a few seasoning bits of good, at best. And like you said..humanity is, as humanity has been. Wretched.

As for a joke...

There is a grain of truth, in every joke.

Level 15
Humanity, my friend, is a disgusting race of bastardized apes. They ARE evil, with a few seasoning bits of good, at best. And like you said..humanity is, as humanity has been. Wretched.
That all depends on your point of view. As the fellow before me said, each individual has his own interpretation of good/evil and moral/immoral. Trying to impress your interpretation on someone else is pointless and stupid, because not everyone thinks like you.

And to help prove my point... not everyone is a "disgusting, bastardized ape". Sure, there are people who perform acts society deems unacceptable, but I can guarantee that much more than half of the worlds overall population are well, respectable people.

Level 6
That all depends on your point of view. As the fellow before me said, each individual has his own interpretation of good/evil and moral/immoral. Trying to impress your interpretation on someone else is pointless and stupid, because not everyone thinks like you.

And to help prove my point... not everyone is a "disgusting, bastardized ape". Sure, there are people who perform acts society deems unacceptable, but I can guarantee that much more than half of the worlds overall population are well, respectable people.

I agree partly with you on the first part, but issue with saying that is, it means murderers, nazis, and other kinds of nasty gentlemen are not bad. and the second statement is contradictory with the first, as you cannot be a respectable person if that differs from person to person. person X can think you are respectable, heck every single living thing in the universe can think you are respectable. that still doesnt mean you are respectable from a universal standpoint, as thats just how they're interpreting it.

Level 13
There is no such thing as an UNIVERSAL standpoint, which was my point and Deadnerzhul's point all along. You say murderers are "nasty gentlemen" (what kind of description is that?!) when there are countries, including USA, where death is accepted and supported as a legal punishment for murderers. Simply said: Good people (judges, lawyers, policemen and other members of the community that enforce the system and supossedly protect us) kill other people because they are bad because they killed someone. Do you see the irony? Or should I color it out?
I'm not saying that death punishment is good or bad, that is a theme worth of a thread for itself, but some people see it as appropiate and necessary while others see it as something inhuman. And no-one can prove neither of the two groups right or wrong.

Level 16
The reasoning behind the death sentence is that the murder willfully took the life of someone else, and therefore forfeits his/her own life. That being said, I was stating a singular side, not personally expressing my opinion on the matter. What is right or wrong is a matter of perspective and can greatly vary amongst individuals. That being said, there is generalizations of what is generally accepted or not, differing amongst different cultures and communities. The majority of the United States Population, for example, would find murder as something that is not generally accepted.

~Snap

Edit: You also misunderstood the definition of murder in your examples of good people "murdering" others. Murder is the unlawful killing of another human being with intent.

Level 15
The reasoning behind the death sentence is that the murder willfully took the life of someone else, and therefore forfeits his/her own life. That being said, I was stating a singular side, not personally expressing my opinion on the matter. What is right or wrong is a matter of perspective and can greatly vary amongst individuals. That being said, there is generalizations of what is generally accepted or not, differing amongst different cultures and communities. The majority of the United States Population, for example, would find murder as something that is not generally accepted.
Mesiah and my point.

Level 6
There is no such thing as an UNIVERSAL standpoint, which was my point and Deadnerzhul's point all along.

you're right. my whole point is, you cannot simply say "most people in the world
are respectable persons". What is a respectable person? no, i dont want your opinion on the matter, i want to know what is a respectable person. There is no answer to this. you might think that most people are, but that does not mean they are, that means they fit YOUR description of a respectable person.

so what this boils down to is, Deadnerzhul probably just meant respectable according to the generally accepted norms. which again calls for the question "What is the generally accepted norms here?"

Level 15
People who don't steal/kill/etc., live in homes, have families, work and make money... But again, these are all variables. Since I live in America, I was going by what I assume is the "generally accepted norm". But, as always, other people's opinions may differ. Although I think I can say that Americans have a better idea of what the "norm" is than people who live in other countries.

Level 27
You seem to have quite a self-centered vision on humanity too.
It would seem to me that a self-centered vision on humanity is the average one.
Stop believing that humanity is either good or evil, humanity is as it is and as it always has been, with just some subtle differences.
Okay, but only if you stop believing that there is no universal morality.

But then we'd just end up with our roles swapped.
each individual has his own interpretation of good/evil and moral/immoral.
That doesn't make them right.
Trying to impress your interpretation on someone else is pointless and stupid,
Not really. See below. There are very real consequences.
There is no such thing as an UNIVERSAL standpoint, which was my point and Deadnerzhul's point all along.
Oh, but there is. If you don't give it one, then we default to physics. One aspect of physics is a little thing called evolution. Evolution is the phenomenon whereby the things on a path or survival being more prolific than the things on a path of destruction.
Good people (judges, lawyers, policemen and other members of the community that enforce the system and supossedly protect us) kill other people because they are bad because they killed someone. Do you see the irony?
Yes, it is ironic, but it is also logical.

Evolution. If a mother kills their children, they have none and the line dies out. Path of destruction. If a mother protects and nourishes their children, then they have many more children than those that do not. This extends to show you that sources of destruction are best to destroy, since they lead to destroying things.

The genetic line of the mother that kills its children dies out. The genetic line of a mother that kills others' children does not die out however. For the majority of them, that mother killing others' children should die since it is killing so much more to further itself. In this way, the selfish majority of the rest of the species to survive overwhelms selfish desire of the mother to survive.

In order to maximize our ability to survive, we destroy things that destroy us. This is the point in impressing your interpretation on someone else. The majority wants itself and its like-minded brethren to survive. Those of us that would destroy us must either be converted or killed, by our wish to have our species survive.

Pushing your beliefs on another can be the difference between killing them and helping them survive.
some people see it as appropiate and necessary while others see it as something inhuman. And no-one can prove neither of the two groups right or wrong.
If you reject all other moral sets, then the default is to survive. The ones that subjectively want to be destroyed have their wish; they die. The ones that remain wish survival.

In this realm, non-destruction is where it's at.

Level 9

As for a joke...

For that saying, you have been prophesied by humanity to be cruel and upsetting, in the purpose of its own devouring. The law was not perfect, but was designed to protect us from lethal duty of damage. We are humans, we make mistakes, we can do bad things and see no justice, but it is because that we have not being told and have followed a way to unfairness ways. There are religious reasons, and we are not sure yet... There are many questions to be answered, which can be rational in a way or a way so irrational that it must be believed.

By what means does evil come from? Forms in ways does it say; poverty, inequality and mental desires bring all powers to humanity. We are the smartest of races, and we desire to abuse this power? Totally inhumane, but then why is the law there. People may hate the law or believe that our race is in the intentions of being such idiots to self-destruction; today is a developed time, but we must compensate in those times.

In the past times, we may have been selfish, underdeveloped humans which we evolve today to be smart and decisive humans in the interventions of fate and what will happen, but wars and declarations of betrayal in history occur because it is to protect their regions and their ways. Wars in histories was mainly to dominate and take over land so that they could own it; it is the time where destruction was only thought. Today, we know each of our countries well and we respect that.

There are some respectable and generous people, its just those treated unfairly and not being told what is right and wrong has been said. We show our purposes and what we think about the world, but we still develop and understand how we can resolve, and think to ourselves of what we can do. History was blood and isolation to the development of democracy and prosperity.

Inequality, murders, killing, racism and all of these kinds of negativity come for a reason, and it can come for a multiple of reasons. For the law in order, we are not perfect; we must learn, and try to understand. We hold the usual black. For our intelligences, I do see negativity, however I can see that we are still learning, but for those who never learn... I believe that they have chose this path for a reason. Justice can kill but protect the law, it is so conflicting in my views that it is easy to criticize in ways that we can possibly see it negatively. I can only see that we initially see negativity, but with inspiration and education can finally teach you the differences...

For now, we prospect what we see about the world... It can be many of how we see things, but is it our survival to kill and believe what we wish for... I can say this is a difficult question to ask...

Level 35
To paraphrase what you are saying...and correct me if I'm wrong.

"We were primitive, and evil, but have become civilized and good"

This is not true. We've merely learned how to stop killing each other with a spear, and instead picked up a gun. Then we stopped learning how to shoot each other, until we invented the cruise missile.

We stopped killing each other over gold, until we found oil in the ground.

Evil has just advanced along side our civilization, it hasn't gone away.

"Evil comes from somewhere, usually negative environments such as poverty, and bad parenting."

This is true: And also the reason I say "Mankind as a whole is Evil". We are the product of the flawed and deranged minds of our forefathers.

You and I, and the rest of humanity, 'do bad things' on a regular basis, knowingly, or unknowingly. We are all bullies, because we were bullied, and they were bullies, because they were bullied, and our children will be bullies, because they were bullied.

Even the most saintly, and innocent teenager, has their flaws.

The world is not going to get better with 'education' alone, because education doesn't teach the inner nature of mankind, our inner instincts that are born into us cannot be so easily altered by mere teaching, especially when our fight responses are under pressure to activate.

The world can be seen through rainbow glasses, and everything can be hidden in some glossed over stain that makes the good pop out, and brushes the bad under the rug. But unfortunately it is still there, and when someone comes up to you and punches you in the face and breaks those glasses, it becomes apparent, that you can't ignore the bad in the world either, and you can't escape it. You can only seek to make life as good as possible, but it unfortunately will not go away, and our children will pick it up from other sources, if not from us.

It is not in human hands: Because human hands are what mar peace in the first place.

To quote someone dear to me:

"Everyone is a bully these days."

And even if I can view someone as being perfect and flawless...they still have their own dark sides with which to carry.

Level 16
To all those supporting the death penalty: It caused a lot of innocent people to get the axe, and in addition the rehab rate for murder is incredible.

"That being said, I was stating a singular side, not personally expressing my opinion on the matter."

I don't believe anyone was directly stating that they support the death penalty. I was simply stating one side of the argument, as I said previously.

~Snap

Level 15
We've merely learned how to stop killing each other with a spear, and instead picked up a gun. Then we stopped learning how to shoot each other, until we invented the cruise missile.
Do you expect me to believe that every single person on this earth wants to kill someone else?

Evil has just advanced along side our civilization, it hasn't gone away.
You are right- but that doesn't mean all of humanity IS evil.

"Mankind as a whole is Evil".
Every single person has the ability to be good or bad. Whether they do so is entirely up to the individual- "free will", as it were.

We are the product of the flawed and deranged minds of our forefathers.
I don't know about you, but my parents are kind, loving, and compassionate, albeit in their own way. If you're referring to ancestry, then I'd tell you the same exact thing.

You and I, and the rest of humanity, 'do bad things' on a regular basis, knowingly, or unknowingly.
Not at all. Some people MAY do "bad things", but not all. Not everyone are as cruel or hateful as you'd like to believe.

We are all bullies, because we were bullied, and they were bullies, because they were bullied, and our children will be bullies, because they were bullied.
Same as above.

Even the most saintly, and innocent teenager, has their flaws.
Ask any teenager and they'll most likely tell you the same thing- stress.

The world is not going to get better with 'education' alone, because education doesn't teach the inner nature of mankind, our inner instincts that are born into us cannot be so easily altered by mere teaching, especially when our fight responses are under pressure to activate.
Teaching a person to be kind and compassionate requires his parents to be kind and compassionate, and for them to constantly stress the importance of being kind and compassionate upon him.

The world can be seen through rainbow glasses, and everything can be hidden in some glossed over stain that makes the good pop out, and brushes the bad under the rug. But unfortunately it is still there, and when someone comes up to you and punches you in the face and breaks those glasses, it becomes apparent, that you can't ignore the bad in the world either, and you can't escape it. You can only seek to make life as good as possible, but it unfortunately will not go away, and our children will pick it up from other sources, if not from us.
It's depressing, in a way, to see how cruel you think humanity in its entirety is, when in reality, it all depends on how you choose to view them.

It is not in human hands: Because human hands are what mar peace in the first place.
Human hands are also what bring peace.

And even if I can view someone as being perfect and flawless...they still have their own dark sides with which to carry.
Everyone has their flaws, but no one has to act on them.

Level 11

As for a joke...

I approve.

Its the truth. I don't want sound emo or anything, buy simply is...

Level 35
@I)eadnerzhul

Everyone's a liar, cheater, thief, and lust-monger, has something with which they are greedy, and contains hatred for something, or someone. We all do bad things, we are therefore bad. Doing good things doesn't make up for the bad things. Because even our good things are flawed, and contain ulterior motives.

An apple full of worms, isn't a good apple.

It all depends on your perspective, and whether or not the glass is "half-empty" or "half-full" within your eyes.

the glass is NEVER full
just like the way no-one is ever wholly good. everyone has some sort of "evil" in them.
then again, who cares

note: i say "evil" as in a generalised definition of evil like lust and greed and etc. i dont personally find these two things to be neither good nor evil but just a part of human nature.

Level 14
Everyone's a liar, cheater, thief, and lust-monger, has something with which they are greedy, and contains hatred for something, or someone. We all do bad things, we are therefore bad. Doing good things doesn't make up for the bad things. Because even our good things are flawed, and contain ulterior motives.

You must really be disappointed with life to see everything like this. It's not even that you are seeing everything in black and white, but you are seeing everything in black. Yes, most people suck but at least most people try to be good. And you can say all you want, but I know(mind you, know them very well) at least two people who are good. Just good. Actually, almost unhuman. It's not that I ignore their flaws because I know them, it's just that there are no flaws to ignore, moral-wise. They might have a darker side, they might kill animals while nobody is looking, but so far it would seem they don't.

And not all good things have hidden motives. When a man jumps on a grenade to save his troop buddies - is that selfish as well? When a man jumps in front of a bullet to save his wife - is that selfish as well? No. Argue all you want, it just isn't. The fact that people are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice, to give their life for someone, well, that's powerful enough to negate all the other petty "evil" things they did in their life. There is such a thing as complete selflessness. It's rare, but it exists.

However, I do agree that people lack morals now more then ever. It's all about money now. People don't even want the old values back such as honor, friendship, respect, loyalty and patriotism. It's just money. The more you have it the happier you are, or so is believed.

Level 11
@I)eadnerzhul

An apple full of worms, isn't a good apple.

Well, I may agree with you that humans are generally evil, I can not agree on this.

Level 13
People don't have "evil" inside of them. They have the will to DO evil, but they are not inherently evil unless they make themselves so.

Neither they are good. Heck, if we had no will, we would just eat, sleep and reproduce all day. And those actions are neither "good" or "evil".

Level 36

As for a joke...

Good and evil are primitive concepts, they work as an okay model sometimes, but discussing them in depth is pointless and misleading. Please refrain from doing so.

Level 27
Neither is everyone really disappointed with life.
Good and evil are primitive concepts, they work as an okay model sometimes, but discussing them in depth is pointless and misleading. Please refrain from doing so.
Lack of discussion is a primitive concept. It works as an okay model sometimes, but pretending that a discussion can lead nowhere is pointless and misleading. Please refrain from doing so.

Level 6
Lack of discussion is a primitive concept. It works as an okay model sometimes, but pretending that a discussion can lead nowhere is pointless and misleading. Please refrain from doing so.

I laughed. well spoken.

Cmarket said:
Yes, most people suck but at least most people try to be good.

sure they try to be good, that doesn't make them good. if most people tried to beat mike tyson in a boxing match, that wont change the fact that most people are pretty damn weak compared to him.

Level 15
sure they try to be good, that doesn't make them good.
But neither does it make them evil. Going on a homicidal killing spree, now THAT'S evil. But it's not like EVERYBODY goes on a killing spree (in real life), otherwise I wouldn't be able to use the internet.

Level 35
But neither does it make them evil. Going on a homicidal killing spree, now THAT'S evil. But it's not like EVERYBODY goes on a killing spree (in real life), otherwise I wouldn't be able to use the internet.

No, but a good many of us have indeed wanted to.

I know I've hated someone so vehemently (several people infact) that I wanted to kill them.

I've lusted before too, I've lied before too, I've cheated before too, I've even stolen a few things in my life time, I've broken up relationships where it wasn't my business to do so, I've bullied, I've taken out my anger on people who didn't deserve it, dishonoured my family, dishonoured myself, dishonoured others, failed to uphold decency in the face of enemies, I've been unchivarlous before, I've hurt people, physically, and emotionally, I've destroyed things wantonly, I've wasted, I've looked the other way when someone was being tortured, or when someone needed help, I've even tortured someone before, etc, etc.

Not only am I a murderer (or wanted to commit one, nay, several), I'm lustful, I'm a liar, a cheater, a thief, a heartbreaker, a rumour spreader, bully, temper-filled, a hurtful person, a dishonour, a waster, torturer, and a participant in evil by not taking a stand, etc, etc.

For as much 'good' as I've done in life, I am evil.

And I suspect that for all of us, everyone has done atleast 3/4 of the things on that list. A list that isn't even ankle deep or specific on the number of times, or the specific crimes, that I have committed.

I can try to do good, and I may have done 'good', but it doesn't change the list, or make up for it, or erase it.

Level 15
No, but a good many of us have indeed wanted to.

I know I've hated someone so vehemently (several people infact) that I wanted to kill them.

I've lusted before too, I've lied before too, I've cheated before too, I've even stolen a few things in my life time, I've broken up relationships where it wasn't my business to do so, I've bullied, I've taken out my anger on people who didn't deserve it, dishonoured my family, dishonoured myself, dishonoured others, failed to uphold decency in the face of enemies, I've been unchivarlous before, I've hurt people, physically, and emotionally, I've destroyed things wantonly, I've wasted, I've looked the other way when someone was being tortured, or when someone needed help, I've even tortured someone before, etc, etc.

Not only am I a murderer (or wanted to commit one, nay, several), I'm lustful, I'm a liar, a cheater, a thief, a heartbreaker, a rumour spreader, bully, temper-filled, a hurtful person, a dishonour, a waster, torturer, and a participant in evil by not taking a stand, etc, etc.

For as much 'good' as I've done in life, I am evil.

And I suspect that for all of us, everyone has done atleast 3/4 of the things on that list. A list that isn't even ankle deep or specific on the number of times, or the specific crimes, that I have committed.

I can try to do good, and I may have done 'good', but it doesn't change the list, or make up for it, or erase it.
Wow. You are one emotional wreck.

But sure, people may sometimes hate others and want to do them harm, it doesn't mean they will, unless they are completely crazy or insane.

Edit: And like I've said before, not everyone is an emotional wreck like you make yourself out to be.

Level 35
Wow. You are one emotional wreck.

...>_>

When you do something, you become what you've done.

You and I, have done all of these things, we are therefore, all of these things. It doesn't matter how much good we do.

But sure, people may sometimes hate others and want to do them harm, it doesn't mean they will, unless they are completely crazy or insane.

'sometimes' 'want' 'will'...

We all do these things, and we do these things all the time, whether we realize it or not.

Edit: And like I've said before, not everyone is an emotional wreck like you make yourself out to be.

But everyone is a liar, cheater, thief, and etc.

Level 19
People can't be 100 % good, nor are we 100 % bad. What we can do though is try to do things right, and I think everybody knows liek deep deep inside what the right thing is. Still we got a free mind, so we can decide to do something wrong every now and then. People who do things that are considered as "wrong" usually get punished by society, so behaving like a jerk doesn't bring anything anyways...

Level 15
You and I, have done all of these things, we are therefore, all of these things. It doesn't matter how much good we do.

But everyone is a liar, cheater, thief, and etc.
No, not everyone is a liar, cheater, thief, etc. You can't generalize when everyone's "alignment", if you will, is different.

No matter how many times you say it, it'll still just be your opinion.

Level 14
Have you ever lied? Or perhaps, 'not told the whole truth'?

I have, but I know a few people who never lied. My sister being one of them. And although most people are liars not all of them are cheaters, let alone thieves. I agree with I)eadnerzhul that you either are an emotional wreck, or you make yourself out to be one. You just can't generalize everyone's alignment based on what you did and what you think the others are doing.

Level 15
No, it doesn't. Anger is a human emotion; experiencing it does not make you evil. Wasting may be uneconomical, but it isn't "evil". Saying "no!" to your parents is also natural, especially during your teenage years. Same thing with disobeying them.

Level 35
Murder is natural too.

Is it evil? (yes)

Bernie Madoff was just doing what was natural, when he basically screwed over the multitude.

The difference between a school yard bully, and Mao Zedong, is not in their mindset, or 'level', but in the tools they have available to play with.

Misplaced anger is evil, because it hurts someone who didn't deserve it.

Waste is evil. It shows carelessness towards hard work, sacrifice, and shows ungratefulness. (Just ask anyone who lives in the 3rd world how evil wastefulness is)

For that matter, Decadence is evil.

Level 14
Wow, man. You really should speak to a councilor as you seem to have some serious issues.

A teenage boy who has too many hormones circulating through his body and not enough fully developed neuron cells in his brain is not evil. Saying "no" to parents is such a stupid argument of determining one's alignment. Bullying? It's not even close to murder. Why do you think most teenagers are "sinners" whereas most adults are good people? Because teenagers are idiots. They think they know everything. You think you know everything. Come back in 5 years and tell me how you feel. Hopefully, you'll realize the world is far more then a black hole of evil. It's nothing personal, but you need to chill.

You are not right. Life isn't perfect, but it is what you make of it. People are sinners by default. Errare Humanum est. Good? Evil? Most people try to be nice. And besides if a good deed can be abolished by an evil one why can't it be the other way around? It can, you just won't accept it. And by doing so you commit what is considered to be the worst sin of all - Pride.

Level 15
Wow, man. You really should speak to a councilor as you seem to have some serious issues.

A teenage boy who has too many hormones circulating through his body and not enough fully developed neuron cells in his brain is not evil. Saying "no" to parents is such a stupid argument of determining one's alignment. Bullying? It's not even close to murder. Why do you think most teenagers are "sinners" whereas most adults are good people? Because teenagers are idiots. They think they know everything. You think you know everything. Come back in 5 years and tell me how you feel. Hopefully, you'll realize the world is far more then a black hole of evil. It's nothing personal, but you need to chill.

You are not right. Life isn't perfect, but it is what you make of it. People are sinners by default. Errare Humanum est. Good? Evil? Most people try to be nice. And besides if a good deed can be abolished by an evil one why can't it be the other way around? It can, you just won't accept it. And by doing so you commit what is considered to be the worst sin of all - Pride.
Exactly right.

By the way, if the way you're thinking about life is biased because of your religion (which is what it looks like), then you KNOW you're wrong.

Level 35
A teenage boy who has too many hormones circulating through his body and not enough fully developed neuron cells in his brain is not evil.

Acting upon his stupidity is however, an evil. Rebellion, self-destruction, destruction in general, lust, greed, etc, etc.

Evil.

Saying "no" to parents is such a stupid argument of determining one's alignment.

It is disrespectful, and dishonourable. An Evil.

Bullying? It's not even close to murder.

I know plenty of bullies who would gladly have killed.

I know plenty of bullies who are on their way.

I know of plenty of bullies who have.

I know of plenty of the bullied who have.

I know of plenty of the bullied who would have.

I know of plenty of the bullied who are on their way.

Why do you think most teenagers are "sinners" whereas most adults are good people?

Adults are no less prone to evil either, and are infact, even more capable of it. Having more tools with which to do so, and also commit wrongs on a daily basis.

You think you know everything. Come back in 5 years and tell me how you feel.

You believe that you know everything as well. Come back to me in five years when you've seen the real world without that pair of foggy, blinding, rose tinted glasses.

Hopefully, you'll realize the world is far more then a black hole of evil. It's nothing personal, but you need to chill.

It is a black hole of evil...For every good thing, there are three evil things.

You are not right.

You have yet to prove it.

Life isn't perfect,

Exactly.

but it is what you make of it.

And we've made it into Hell.

People are sinners by default.

Exactly.

Errare Humanum est. Good? Evil?

Indeed.

Most people try to be nice.

And many fail miserably.

And besides if a good deed can be abolished by an evil one why can't it be the other way around?

A good deed isn't abolished by an evil one, that is why evil deeds aren't cleansed by good ones.

We are by our nature inhumane. We are animals, that set in a world without mutual limits, would destroy each other.

It can, you just won't accept it.

It can't, you just won't accept reality.

And by doing so you commit what is considered to be the worst sin of all - Pride.

The realization that I and humanity is not fit to be called good = pride?

That isn't pride...that is the basest form of humility.

By the way, if the way you're thinking about life is biased because of your religion (which is what it looks like), then you KNOW you're wrong.

You are so clever aren't you?

hmmmmmn...interesting eh? said:
You think you know everything.

http://www.wherepeacelives.org/the-facts.html

http://library.thinkquest.org/C002291/high/present/stats.htm

How many more of us turn a blind eye to things like these?

Give me some time, and I'll find more.

Last edited:
Level 35
Really? Because the way I see it, you've only been counting the evil things.

I have seen very little good things from humanity with which to count.

Even our noble deeds seem to be quite fraught with flaws, and evil actions.

All to often we 'justify the ends', and use 'unfit means' to achieve a goal we perceive to be good.

I have yet to see one good deed in my lifetime that is perfectly, and wholly pure, or any one single person who is wholly pure by nature.

If the world was good, we would have no starvation, no disease, no crime, war, hatred, fear, or anguish (prolonged hurt).

If the world was good, we would distribute the earth's food, and medical supplies for free, we would not be wasteful with our planet, we would not have crime, we would not have need for wars caused by greed, or by the need to survive (due to famine, disease, hatred, and greed), we would not have fear of death, or fear of being hurt, or else, fear of anguish.

But the world is evil, because it has all of these things, and all of these things come primarily from human hands. And those who are not providing the fire, are often ignoring it, or looking aside, allowing it to happen. The very few who try to put it out, do so for their own gain, or else do so for their own reasons, or do it through unfit means. Only then, there are even fewer who actually succeed in good of purest heart, and of that few, many fail to achieve that good, and those left who achieve that good of purest heart, are only a fraction, of a fraction, of the paragons of humanity. And usually it is only one or a few absolutely pure deeds, hardly enough to make up for the depravity of mankind.

Level 14
Adults are no less prone to evil either, and are infact, even more capable of it. Having more tools with which to do so, and also commit wrongs on a daily basis.

Adults do have more tools, but they also have less idiocy in them and realize their mistakes which is why most adults turn out good, and the ones that don't end up a psycho killers.

You believe that you know everything as well. Come back to me in five years when you've seen the real world without that pair of foggy, blinding, rose tinted glasses.

It's not what I believe, it's what I know. Not only that, but I have yet to see one user here, let alone an intellectual agree with you.

The realization that I and humanity is not fit to be called good = pride?

No. You think you know everything, despite not a single person agreeing with you here, and I presume in real life as well. Find me 3 people on the streets that agree with you and don't fit the description of an emo/non-conformist/goth. Thinking you are above everyone else, that's pride.

Status
Not open for further replies.