• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Morals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I have a hard time adapting to certain morals in any situation, so what should a confused person do about it, well maybe something but it's for him to decide. What I find odd is that there is plenty of evidence to support two opposing ideas that they are the morally right. Some might not agree with me but I've seen stuff that got me to question the psychical phenomenon called moral. For me, its an illusion as my mind supports every idea around the world and when I say ideas I include those who are considered immoral because every viewpoint is its own representation of good morals. Neutrality is amoral and in neutral,but why am i the only one,who considers that everyone's idea is his own and he is free to have it, but when I have mine I considered not impose them but I do not dare to tell others not to because in a sense I'm going to break my personal ideological laws. I consider my ideas to be used only by me, and by everyone else but can't tell people what to do, and I that is why I find moral as an illusion, for me morals don't exist, but I can't tell people to believe me because if I do I'm going to break my laws. Ahh...

So let's look at Vegans and Carnivores. They share two different ideas, they oppose each other but both are actually trying to ensure the survival of our species, both believe that their diets are healthy and essential for the humanity, both sides claim that the other is unhealthy and against all morals. Both share studies made by scientists to prove their diet is healthy and morally justified, and at the same, they point fingers at scientists and call them idiots for publishing misleading studies.

Let's look at Conservatives and Liberals, both claim to have the most efficient moral system to date, yet they don't share fully the vegan or carnivore ideas, because they don't care about human diet as it is not the most important thing to them at this moment. They have other problem which doesn't share the ideas of the human deities, as human dieters seem to care more about what people eat than what problems do politicians go through. Both sides don't give a damn about each other yet they claim individually to have the most moral ideas to date.

Let's look at different sexualities and their disagreements with each other mostly between heterosexuals and LGBT, both sides share solid points why one should exist and why other shouldn't.LGBT members have point on why they should be allowed to express their sexual preferences, and why not to be discriminated upon. They are of no harm to our society, but they are harmful to a "SOCIETY".Its confusing isn't it? I'm confused too, I don't know what to believe in anymore, who to support or what to think anymore.

And the big elephant, Matriarchy, and the Patriarchy.why the F do we exist if neither men nor women want to be controlled, or the opposite why do we exist to serve. All I hear all day people is them complaining about the oppressive governments, lack of motivation caused by the evil leaders,and how this one should have been elected, not that one, and when he is elected, we complain about him too, of me it is expected to find me myself a woman...just so that you could have someone, to be with someone you share your dreams and future. Or its expected form me to become a president, or why am I not gay, why am I not black why am I not a woman, why that why dis why everything, this is what people always ask me. And I want to stand up and tell them im...just boring and I'm also a man, heterosexual average white conservative who don't want to be a boss, I don't care about money or to try to fit in into society,is already fit I am the society in the lion is good at what is good,and telling you all of that is what is not good at because I don't want to change your opinion about me ,is immoral and I'm proud ,but for me morals don't exist as something wich is shared by many,but ist something personal that you keep inside yourself, you don't force it upon other, you just leave it to be free to be found and studied by interest, not by force.

If a large group of people shares a single idea of morality then they are all clonings? Isnt moral supposed to be something personal, not some word to be used in order to boss a large group of people? Are people who fallow others, cowards? And if so are cowards smart, and outsiders dumb? Is this what we call moral?

There might be contradictions in this text but what can I say my ideas change with every second.

Level 9
morality
(mərælɪti )

Word forms: plural moralities
1. uncountable noun
Morality is the belief that some behaviour is right and acceptable and that other behaviour is wrong.
...standards of morality and justice in society.
...an effort to preserve traditional morality.
Synonyms: virtue, justice, principles, morals
2. countable noun
A morality is a system of principles and values concerning people's behaviour, which is generally accepted by a society or by a particular group of people.
...a morality that is sexist.
...communities and their shared moralities.
3. uncountable noun
The morality of something is how right or acceptable it is.
...the arguments about the morality of blood sports. [+ of]
Synonyms: rights and wrongs, ethics, ethicality, ethicalness

COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Glad to see OT is still graced with an existentialist thread or two from unique cosmic minds in between all the random image macro spam.

Check_it_Ou%21_with_Dr._Steve_Brule.png

Status
Not open for further replies.