• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Picture] "Unmorality" In a moment that seemed like years, they've entered a dark alley. The ligh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
"Unmorality"

In a moment that seemed like years, they've entered a dark alley. The light became more and more scarce until they were walking in the void again. She turned at him. His face was grim, his eyes looking straight into the darkness ahead.
"You never told me who you were"
He glanced at her and after a moment of contemplation replied.
"My name is Terentian"
"Sounds more like a surname"
"You can say it is both now"
She looked away from him.
"Did I have a name too?"
She turned back to him and saw him kink a brow.
"Well, I do not remember anything... but yet I am"
He didn't reply to that but started looking forward with concentration. For a moment she thought he was ignoring her, when he suddenly broke the silence.
"Seems we are moving closer to the light"
The darkness was slowly, like flowing honey, filled with soft, grey light. Now they were amongst beautiful trees. They continued to go forward, down the road. The forest was silent and still.
"Do you remember anything else?"
She looked into her mind. Rather then memories, there were things, that she could only describe as memories of feelings.
"Fear. Sorrow. Frustration..." she stopped for a moment before continuing "...hatred"
"The feelings which are inevitable in our lives... everyone is born free, born innocent. But the world leaves a mark on all of us. Even though for thousands of years, people have tried to eliminate hatred, envy, greed... their legacy lives on"
That moment they made a turn and stopped. Right in front of them stood people. Frozen, motionless, like everything else. Three people, a man, a woman an a child, stood next to each other. A family. Another man was lying on the ground. And over his body, stood two armored men. Their greedy faces stared with unblinking madness at the family. The family which was paralyzed by fear, something that could be easily seen, despite everything lacking motion.
"They are being robbed..."
His face was an expressionless mask, but his eyes were practically glowing with hate.
"Robbed. Of their lives. Men kill men, son kills the father, brother kills the brother and so the cycle of hatred continues"
"Can't we help? We could help the poor, protect the weak and-"
"The cycle will go on. Regardless of the help given to certain people"
"Then what can we possibly do? Isn't it pointless then?"
"For every helped man there will be three in need of help. Trying to make the world better by helping the few is pointless. The only possible way is... to change it"
She looked back at the people.
"Change the world? But how?"
"We will open the eyes of the people"
"But what about other races? What about all the beasts that lurk in the shadows?"
Terentian turned to her and looked her straight into the eyes, before going forward, towards the light.
"We are the causes of our own suffering"

Attachments

• 57967.png
    57967.png
    912.1 KB · Views: 25
Level 7
Rather philosophical here Al. I agree that little help doesn't affect things in the long run, but how can one person hope to achieve the greater good which Terentain seems to suggested can be achieved? I do love the last line though, "We are the cause of our own suffering." Utterly brilliant way to describe Humanity in both DP and the real world. Keep it up, your walls are becoming more and more readable by the picture. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.