• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Global Item Variable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Can you please give me some insight on how to set a global variable for creep and item abilities levels so they can be increased (for example every 10 minutes) as time passes by. (Or do i have to go a long way around this truogh alot of upgrades or setting level of certain abilities after creep spawn and pick hero groups with item and then set the level for item abilities?)

I'm not sure I understand this correctly. You want creeps to have items and abilities that are upgrade-able? Last I checked creeps don't have an inventory, and all neutral hostile abilities has 1 level.

You need to manually make ability levels in the object editor and then increasing the levels through triggers.

• Increase Levels
    • Events
      • Time - Every 300.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Chicken)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Increase level of Rain of Chaos (Archimonde) for (Picked unit)

Level 2
I want my active items to get upgraded every 10 mins (before appearing on the map) + and about units, and i see what you did there, what if they are created after the 300 second mark, they wont have the upgraded ability and therefore i have to use set ability.
Thank you for your reply! I can edit the abilities so i can have multiple levels, but that will only go trough a global variable, right? Not directly change it in the game.

Level 2
Let me explain by setting exactly what i want. So basically i want to increase active and passive item abilities trough increasing the level which i would define in the object editor, and i am lacking the underestanding how to do it, as a timed and pick every item in region sort of a tihing and unit acquires an item. I have an idea how to do it with units, by setting the integers for ability list that can be set when the unit spawns, but with items, there are no appropriate event response in GUI, any feedback welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.