• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Glade of Forgotten Heroes (A new kind of AoS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Glade of Forgotten Heroes

183188-albums3509-picture52262.png

Jungle.jpg

by Evil Seal and Viggzta

State: Early BETA

Me and my friend Viggzta have been working at this project for soon 12 months, but we haven't worked to fast because of school and some lazyness. We hope to realease a BETA soon.

"GoFH" is an AoS map, or a Hero Defence if you want to call it so. Your mission is to destroy one of your enemies fountains. To do this you need skill, tactics and teamwork and a little bit of luck. You need help from your allies too beat your enemies.

183188-albums3509-picture52298.png

- Custom Shop System
- Command Posts
-Creeps Respawn System
- Up too 8 players
- More action in Boss fights
- Alot of Randomness (Makes no game like the other)
- All spells at level 1 except ULT that you get at level 6.
- Spells level up if you complete certain conditions.
- 16 Playable Heroes
- Unique Terrain
- Almost every thing customizeable by the Host. You can seperately set difficulties for diffrent things like bosses, creeps, jungle creeps, towers.
- Tips
- Buy Pets
- AI

183188-albums3509-picture52313.png

GoFH is not a normal AoS, you need alot more map controll. Having the command posts captured by your team give you a huge advantage. Another thing that changes the game alot is the randomness in game. All the command posts are randomed to diffrent types of command posts, Bosses are randomed and some random events like a merchant have com into the glade for some minutes. But a player that only trust his luck is a dead man. If you don't like randomness the host can customize the game to practicaly no randomness at all (or even more).
This is not like other AoSes, you start the game with your three basic abilitys. At level 6 you atomatically aquire your ultimate. But you can still upgrade your abilitys in many diffrent ways by fullfilling their conditions. For example Glutton have his spell Feast that requires him to kill 15 units before it level up. So for each 15th unit he kill this spell gains a level to a maximum of 5. Your opponents control two bases, but you only have to destroy one too win the game, but theses fountains are well guarded by Guardians and Heroes aswell as an legion of warriors.

Command Posts - Theses are strategic points that you can capture and they give your team diffrent bonuses. At the begining of the game four randomed types of command posts are placed in the corners of the forest.

Command Posts
BTNAltarOfKings.png
Statue of Greed - Increases your teams gold per second by 1.
BTNAltarOfElders.png
Temple of the Cloaked one - Increases all allies movment speed by 20%
BTNFountainOfLife.png
Wild Fountain - All nearby allies regenerate health and mana faster (1% of their maximum hp and mp per sec)
ivorytower.gif
Scout Tower - Has a greate line of sight and can see invisible units.

A unforgiving world, it's hard for the heroes to survive and remain heroes. They want too ride into legend, be renowned and some of them want vengeance. In the Glade its a battle about skill, tactics and teamwork. Heroes teamed up with one of the two clans, Aratosh or Sphiria. They know that if they could destroy one of their opponents Fountains of Eternity they would be rememberd and have powers above all mortals. The Aratosh clan is famous for their will and wisdom and they want too crush the Sphira clan cause they don't respect patience. Sphiria uses power and hatred as a wepon and the only ones who really fight back is the Aratosh Clan. Both of the clans gained their powers from their Fountains of Eternity.

BTNWarden2.png
183188-albums3509-picture52269.png
- She is fast and that's her greatest strength. She uses daggers like no one before her. Her most feared skill is her Dagger Storm, she starts throwing hundreds of daggers in a matter of seconds in all directions.
images
183188-albums3509-picture52270.png
The master of sand, facing this guy in battle is no fun. He is fast and is almost impossible to see in his sand. His signature skill is a huge sandstorm that makes it hard for opponents in the storm to see and move.
BTNRifleman.png
183188-albums3509-picture52273.png
Hardned by battle, the Rifleman is a skilled soldier with his trusty rifle. He is equipped with a machine gun that allows him to attack incredible fast. He is the only hero that starts with his ultimate at level 1.
BTNSpiderBlack.gif
183188-albums3509-picture52274.png
Leading an army of spiders making it easy for her to overwhelm any foe. She is equipped with a deadly poison and a web that makes it a real hell to face her on a lane.

BTNSorceress.png
183188-albums3509-picture52276.png
Knowledge is power, that's what the arcanist belive. She is able to control the mana stream, she can bend it or rip it apart. Her spells can both drain mana and life depending on how she wan't the mana stream to react.
BTNMedivh.png
183188-albums3509-picture52278.png
The Birdmaster loves his winged friends more than himself. He uses a battle trained hawk to fight with him. All magic he have mastered is based on his birds and where they are.

BTNBatrider.jpg
183188-albums3509-picture52282.png
If there is one thing a batrider is good at, it is doing a suicide rush, hook the first enemy and drag them into hell. If that doesn't work he may shoot them down with powerful explosives. If he is alive ofcourse...
BTNKeeperOfTheGrove.png
183188-albums3509-picture52284.png
He uses nature as his wepon, and it is a very powerful wepon. Forcing his enemies to lick dirt with roots is one of his favorites. He can also call for powerful lightning or even moon beams from the sky.
summonwaterelemental.gif
183188-albums3509-picture52287.png
This is a creature of pure sorrow. He carries the burden of every man and women across the world. He can unleash his sorrow by attacking, healing him and making him feel happy for a short moment.

razzildarkbrew.gif
183188-albums3509-picture52290.png
These two comrades are living killing machines in combination. There is just one thing the Alchemist spreads on the battlefield, CHAOS!!! He gives opponents random negative buffs thanks to his crasy mixture of potions.
BTNMetamorphosis.png
183188-albums3509-picture52293.png
From a mortal realm, an ancient being arises from the shadows. He is not from this world so all his attacks are magical. He is capable of using his soul as a warrior that is stronger than he is normaly. Normaly you see him and his friends travell trough his Astral Gates.
BTNCentaurKhan.gif
183188-albums3509-picture52295.png
The mighty Centaur Geomancer is a amazing sight in battle. The robust body and powerfull swings with his axe that only leaves a bloody mess behind it. But the most dangerous thing is that he can control earth and create massive earthquakes.
BTNAbomination.png
183188-albums3509-picture52300.png
Glutton only have two things on his mind, eat and sleep. And he eats alot!!! He can take bites of enemies that he consume with joy. But if he gets realy hungry he will go rampage and eat every thing in range.
2222040923_c706ffb528.jpg
183188-albums3509-picture52297.png
He only exsist for vengeance and he wanna kill every enemy. He will get vendetta towards enemies that attack him, but ironicaly he makes enemies angry and they wanna kill him.

Control_Point.jpg
183188-albums3509-picture53334.jpg
104676d1312455423-aos-ideas-forest.jpg
104675d1312455423-aos-ideas-water1.jpg
183188-albums3509-picture53333.jpg

Added a BETA map
Warning: It's protected
183188-albums3509-picture52312.png

Then send me a message and explain why we should choose you.

Attachments

• GoFH 0.10b[P].w3x
    2.1 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Level 9
Remove that brazier from the water ;P
Also the terrain looks rather flat and lacking, have you added some custom grass models?

Thanks for the comment about the terrain, will try to improve it.

And no, I have not added any custom grass models. Mabey I will :)

EDIT: BTW, this is also the old Minimap, will take a new picture when I have time...

Last edited:
Level 14
I think you need to flesh out your ideas more since this is all people know about your map right now. For instance:
- Custom Shop System
What's custom about it?
- More action in Boss fights
How is this supposed to be done? Do the heroes get teleported to an area to fight the boss?
- Almost every thing customizeable by the Host.
Define "almost every thing." Are there specific game modes? Is it number of spawns? Is it time of day? Etc.
All the command posts are randomed to diffrent types of command posts
What are command posts? Are they the ones generating the spawns?

You should also try to think of more ideas to make this map more unique. (I'm pretty sure most AoS maps require map control. :p) Having the heroes start off with their three basic spells looks like a good start.

Your story should use more formal language. For instance, don't use "wanna."
Use spell check too if you can.

Good luck on this! ^_^

Level 9
I think you need to flesh out your ideas more since this is all people know about your map right now. For instance:

What's custom about it?

How is this supposed to be done? Do the heroes get teleported to an area to fight the boss?

Define "almost every thing." Are there specific game modes? Is it number of spawns? Is it time of day? Etc.

What are command posts? Are they the ones generating the spawns?

You should also try to think of more ideas to make this map more unique. (I'm pretty sure most AoS maps require map control. :p) Having the heroes start off with their three basic spells looks like a good start.

Your story should use more formal language. For instance, don't use "wanna."
Use spell check too if you can.

Good luck on this! ^_^

Thank you very much for feedback :3

I will post a video on the Shop system, I think some other maps may have the same, but I have personaly never seen one.

You should also try to think of more ideas to make this map more unique. (I'm pretty sure most AoS maps require map control. :p)

Woops, sorry I did mean MORE map controll.

Last edited:
Level 9
Ah, that kind of shop system. That's good. :D

One thing I forgot to mention in my last post is that the lanes look really straight. Try to add some curves somewhere so that they look more natural.
Out of curiosity, how do the creeps move in the lanes, particularly the middle one?

Well, I will probably curve the lanes, but now one to the question :3

183188-albums3509-picture53411.png

On the mid-lane one creepwave spawns in each base (A total of two creepwaves) and then they meetup with each other on the Wide part of the mid lane. When the creeps have comes to the T- turn they will split up and half go right and the other half left.

Hope you will understand what i mean :)

Level 11
What i Only saw which is not right here is the spelling of strength :)
good luck on the map and I shall be following this :D

Status
Not open for further replies.