• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Giving Different Weapons To Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
How do I give the spartan a different weapon? Or a weapon at all?

How would I make the gun a ranged weapon like a bow or a spear?

Can I give him a special ability like throw grenades or camouflage like night elves or the mortar team?

EDIT: I have downloaded the custom SPARTANs from the DLC here on the website. The Carbine as well. I'd like him to use it.

Level 10
As kobas said, YOU DONT NEED ANY TRIGGERS, the most easy method is to simply have the hero has 2 attacks types, one is ranged(disabled) and one is melee(enabled) Make a ability based off Orb of fire that has you weapon's model as the attachment and change to projectile art to bullets of whatnot, and create a item with that ability. Simply have the ability turn on the ranged attack form( there is that option in orb of fire) and viola!
As for a melee weapon(like that laser sword thingy) have it enable the melee attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.