• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ranged Weapons + Many Different Heros: Best Way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
In my map I want to have items that have a variety of different ranged attacks, but my problem is that I have a large number of different heroes who can all use these items, so using something like Chaos to change the unit type to another who has those weapons won't work as well without a massive number of redundant heroes for every hero who can hold each weapon.

Is there an easier way to get different ranges and damage types and all that on ranged weapons besides having a ton of different units for every possible weapon on every possible hero?

Nope, not really; especially for the damage types part. Damage types can be switched either by an Orb based ability, that enables the alternative attack index (e.g. Melee Fire damage bonus), War Club and a Metamorphosis/Bear Form ability (which is something you are not seeking for, since it involves second unit-types). Ranges can be switched via Upgrades too, but I guess your items can be dropped, so you'd need your original range back. Try Barrage; set number of maximum units to 1 and increase the AoE up to your needs.

Level 6
I guess I'll settle for that, or find a way to reduce my Heroes down into one single guy that is made to seem unique some other way which is much more feasible to have all the guns for.

Level 5
To turn the units ranged, you could ad an orb effect i guess? (like fireorb) who turns melee units ranged when fighting air.

For ranged units however, you could use some triggers to well.. stop them from attacking if the range of the attack is longer then, for example custom value of the units.

Status
Not open for further replies.