• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Get target with finishes casting event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Is there a way to get the target with a finishes casting event? I have a spell with a casting time and when it ends some dummy units need to cast several abilities on the target location.

I'm also looking for a vJass tutorial, even though my first jass experience is only 1 week old (but already learned java at school).

Level 4
I can't say that I know of a way to grab the unit of a spell finish event (I have been led to believe several times that there isn't one), but with the clever use of a few timers, and the "EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT" event, you can probably reach the same destination. If you find out an easier way, I'd like to know it to... :wink:
Edit: Also, I learned vJass at the same time as I did regular Jass, and while I don't really have any specific tutorials on hand, I really liked the ones at Warcraft 3 Campaigns, especially if you are into spell type tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.