• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] what is the problem of <unit finishes casting an ability>?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I made a trigger that serves as shadowstep for rogue.
When I use <unit starts effect of an ability it woks fine, but shadowstep does not get a cooldown
When I use <unit finishes casting an ability> this tigger moves my unit in the center of the map?!

edit: does <target of ability being cast> disappear after the spell is done, and that's why it sends my unit in the center of the map?
  • Shadowstep
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Shadowstep
    • Actions
      • Set Rogue_Shadowstep_Loc[1] = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Set Rogue_Shadowstep_Loc[2] = (Rogue_Shadowstep_Loc[1] offset by 50.00 towards ((Facing of (Target unit of ability being cast)) - 180.00) degrees)
      • Unit - Move (Casting unit) instantly to Rogue_Shadowstep_Loc[2], facing (Facing of (Target unit of ability being cast)) degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Rogue_Shadowstep_Loc[1])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Rogue_Shadowstep_Loc[2])

Level 25
Yes, the event "Finishes casting an ability" no longer has targeted point, nor targeted unit. It only has Ability Being Cast and triggering unit afaik.

You can make 2 triggers -> "Starts the effect", where you save the targeted point/unit into variable; and the other trigger "Finishes the effect" where you load saved unit/point.

Level 18
  • When I use <unit starts effect of an ability it woks fine, but shadowstep does not get a cooldown
It's because of insta-move.
Use SetUnitX/Y or check "Disable Other Abilities" if you're using Channel as a base ability.

Yes, the event "Finishes casting an ability" no longer has targeted point, nor targeted unit. It only has Ability Being Cast and triggering unit afaik.

You can make 2 triggers -> "Starts the effect", where you save the targeted point/unit into variable; and the other trigger "Finishes the effect" where you load saved unit/point.

that worked :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.