• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Attribute-based ability -- Lil' help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Though someone just like me probably has something just like this posted up in those 100+ pages, I'm just gonna add to that outrageous number.

I've been trying to make an ability that would cause damage equal to the casting hero's strength +100, I've tried it many times and double-double checked my triggers, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Someone please tell me where I'm going wrong, or if I'm just wasting my time.

Different ways I've set up the triggers (roughly):

Method #1-(with the 100dmg in the ability)
-Event-A unit finishes casting ability
-Conditions-Ability being cast equal to Goddamn Ability that won't work
-Action-Make casting unit damage target of ability being cast for real-hero's strength, include bonuses damage type normal

Method #2-
-Action-Make casting unit damage target of ability being cast for Arithmatic:real-hero's strength, include bonuses + 100 damage type normal

Method #3-(Pre-set up variable set to caster's strength... yes i checked that for problems too.)
-Action-Make casting unit damage target of ability being cast for Variable: Convert Integer to real + 100 damage type normal

If anyone knows how to make this work correctly, please reply, thanks.

Level 11
My god, you're using the wrong Event. For spells, use the event 'Unit starts the effect of an ability'.
Event - Unit starts the effect of an ability
Cond - (Ability being cast) is equal to <Ability>
Action -
Cause (Triggering Unit) to damage (Target Unit Of Ability Being Cast), dealing (100+(Strenght of Triggering Unit)) ...

Strenght of Triggering Unit is a conversion from integer to real.
Goddamn it's so easy...

Status
Not open for further replies.