• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GET RID OF DOTA ALREADY

should we get rid of dota?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
defense of the ancients IS THE WORST GAME EVA! why do u ppl play it? it was fun for a while, but we got betta games now. the game takes up like over 100 kb and ure dlin as many of them as possible cuz the morons who made it wanted to use lots of skins to make it look flashy. newsflash: WAKE UP PPL! there are tons of different games that ppl put a load of effort into and u dont even pay attention to them, for example: real life for morons: its a great game wit tons of suprises and u gotta figure it out on ure own. ill catch yall later in my next reply

Level 1
im sick of seein dota evry 2 seconds on the custom game screen. not to mention that ppl wont lemme dl it; they think the games so good that they wont let others take it up. sure theres the website, but the dl there is borin as %@^#. once again, many other great games are out, but uve been so busy stickin ure head into that dota crap. ppl are jus makin dota to get known in bnet now; FIND SOMETHIN ELSE TO PLAY

Level 5
Same problem with mauls...

BTW. I make TD games.

But now topic:

Maul doned something right it not own super tomes. But it is very unbalanced heroes. But how much they care it that always so unbalanced?

Level 8
Clord said:
Same problem with mauls...

BTW. I make TD games.

But now topic:

Maul doned something right it not own super tomes. But it is very unbalanced heroes. But how much they care it that always so unbalanced?

w00t..Didn't understand anything about what you said!

And ON-Topic;

DotA is a BAD copy of AOS. And it sux bigtime!!!

Level 8
The original Defense of the Ancients was a very impressive map, because RoC editing was substantially more difficult to mod (using .slk's, importing files, customizing many of the "polish" fields of units, etc.) and the community of Warcraft 3 mappers far smaller and less advanced.

The more recent DotA's are less amazing, and generally not as playable, but they are not bad maps. If the makers of DotA Allstars, for example, had anything to do with the creation of all the stuff they've created for the map, then they did a decent job. Before you can bash that, you've got to establish your own credentials, preferably by demonstrating that you can do as good as they did. And even then, you better find something useful to critique, instead of just rambling off at the mouth.

Lastly, exactly how do you propose to "stop" DotA from being played? And, why does it bother you that it is played? You're a rather small and insignificant percentage of battle.net custom map players, and you can certainly join or start your own game with a different map if you so choose.

In my opinion, your rant was not very well-thought-out.

Level 3
Many versions of Dota Allstars have a lot of flaws, but we are not obligated to play them. Thus, I voted "no".

Level 5
While I myself am not a large fan of DOTA, I am strongly against taking it off BNet. You said you like LOAP. In my opinion, The whole marketing of LOAP is on par with DOTA, or possibly worse. I see many LOAP games being played, weather it's Gold, Resident Evil, Vampire, (you get my point). LOAP is largly edited by many people, and there are countless amounts of them on BNET. I can't help but think that people use LOAP the same way as you say people use DOTA, just to become known. How would you feel if a couple of people who didn't like LOAP (for whatever reason), or any other game that you play a lot, decided that it "sucked", and started a petition to ban it from BNET. Like Panto said- Get some credentials, a valid argument, and use spell check. Of course I voted against banning.

Level 3
The creator of Dota Allstars unprotected RoC Dota and stole its name, items and terrain without permission.
RoC Dota was the original DotA, it is actually balaced and is based more around having different roles for characters.
Allstars is all "I can one shot kill you and you can one shot kill me". It's less based around seiging, and more around hero killing.
RoC Dota is still fighting for survival, and it'd be all over TFT if it weren't for Allstars. People have been actually trying to port it to TFT but have had difficulty because of people rather playing Allstars, and Allstars players thinking that all RoC Heros are "useless" because they don't have 3000 damage ultimates.

I do wish Allstars would dissappear.

Level 3
Wow...

Just to establish this, I play dota regularly... so I voted for it NOT to be taken off of b.ent

1) It would be stupid for blizzard to take off a map because a group of guys were annoyed at seeing it on there custom game list...

Now to establish somethings about dota that above people have no idea what there talking about.
The creator of Dota Allstars unprotected RoC Dota and stole its name, items and terrain without permission.
RoC Dota was the original DotA, it is actually balaced and is based more around having different roles for characters.
Allstars is all "I can one shot kill you and you can one shot kill me". It's less based around seiging, and more around hero killing.
RoC Dota is still fighting for survival, and it'd be all over TFT if it weren't for Allstars. People have been actually trying to port it to TFT but have had difficulty because of people rather playing Allstars, and Allstars players thinking that all RoC Heros are "useless" because they don't have 3000 damage ultimates.

I do wish Allstars would dissappear.

Wow... :(
Obviously your not rushing out to play the next game of dota but, if you were to ever play one you would see very different terrain details about dota-allstars. Many people are displeased about dota-allstars because they realese so many verisons. They do this impart to add new heroes, (Wich by the way DO NOT USE CUSTOM SKINNS<<< THE REASON THE MAP IS SO LARGE IS BECAUSE OF ALL THE CUSTOM SPELLS AND TRIGGER LOOPS>>> ) balance out existing heros and change the stats on items. Dota for ROC was an awsome game... however it wasnt' the all balanced out game people dreamed it to be. I still remember having the crystal maiden and healer nuke the hell out of a random hero and then run away lauphing. Dota-allstars includes item combo's that actually involve alot of stratagy. Another point you brought up was that Dota-allstars was about hero killing. This is very true, Dota allstars is almost soley based on hero killing, and on purpose by the way. If you've ever played at all you will remember the sounds of ULTRA KILL, MONSTER KILL and so on. The game encourages hero killing. Dota-Allstars never claimed to replace the old dota for ROC all it did was take what the creator (GUINSOO) saw as awsome heroes and combine it into one game were everyone could play them at one time. Dota-allstars in a sense is the best of every Dota ever made (hence the word allstars. Secondly there are still many heroes from the originall ROC that are in the most current dota. And finally you claimed that all it was about was one hit kills and ultimates taht do 3000 damage.

I know you have no idea what your talking about, but in the event I'm wrong please tell me the hero that does a 1 hit kill or 3000 damage ultimate. Seeing as how my above argument validated everyone of your claims, you seem to be the Dota-Allstar/hater master. So please endulge me, I await your response.

My last question is, how can you claim a game is so crappy and deserve's to get banned, if you have no idea what the game is even doing? It sounds like your ignorant :roll:

Level 16
The game is horrible, but I do agree with the original RoC one. It's just that the stealers Eul, Guinsoo and others were so stupid as to think, "Awww, why can't a win this melee? I can only have 36 agility if I mass boots in my inventory... Hey! Let's make some map and make the heroes all uber, make some gay recipes involving overpowered items, and break Unreal Tournament copyrights (if any)!

I recommend EotA, TGS is not that impressive, and mauls and loaps are the stupidest. If people want to make real life games, go back to playing Sims, and stop using cheesy things. It's very sad how people could really do something as horrible as stealing maps and creating bad ones.

What's worse if AquaFzt isn't getting banned despite his spamming of his so-called "DotA Remix," spamming as many versions as he can. All dota is doing is bumping it by releasing new versions with no balance whatsoever. In fact, I join a game of dota occasionally, tell them it's crap (not the RoC), and then quickly leave before my computer is infected with crap

Level 5
I don't mean to be a flamer- but isn't that kindda immature to join a game and say its stupid and then leave? I always hate it when people do that stuff. I agree with you completly with every other point. Real-life games would be a lot better, however, if they didnt have:
a) hidden cheats
b) overpowered jobs (especially LOAP)
c) you can actually do real-life stuff
d) it attempts to take on real-life aspects (such as hp draining, unless you eat food, or mana draining unless you sleep, ect).

I have never played EOTA, i'll have to try it out.

Level 22
I too am kind of suprised that ever DotA became popular for TFT in the first place considering there are so many better AoS-style game out there that have much more to offer in every catagory. In the RoC days it was better then average, now it has fallen far below that. If anyone want to try spreading some much better AoS games on b.net, I have some great ones highlighted in the Choice Section that would be great candidates.
-VGsatomi

Level 2
VGsatomi said:
I too am kind of suprised that ever DotA became popular for TFT in the first place considering there are so many better AoS-style game out there that have much more to offer in every catagory. In the RoC days it was better then average, now it has fallen far below that. If anyone want to try spreading some much better AoS games on b.net, I have some great ones highlighted in the Choice Section that would be great candidates.
-VGsatomi
What he said.These DOTA games like are moded so much im not against them its just theres so many.Aos is better than these but sometimes i wish games like this would not be modded and ruin the quality of the game.I mean its ok for 2 or 3 mods but not like 70 or 80.

Level 16
Problem is, people are reluctant to play new maps. Working on Fall of Teroth, which is an AoS, but I don't have the time. Just need someone to help and I'm set to work on it. As for DotA, people are always playing it on USWest, making me want to go onto USEast and spread FoT when I finish it

Level 2
Eusira said:
Problem is, people are reluctant to play new maps. Working on Fall of Teroth, which is an AoS, but I don't have the time. Just need someone to help and I'm set to work on it. As for DotA, people are always playing it on USWest, making me want to go onto USEast and spread FoT when I finish it
Actaully thats not a bad idea eventually people would go to US west from US east and play the aos and contribute it to where hopefully every1 would stop playing DOTA.
edit:did i get it right this time?

Level 16
Uhhh... wrong. I meant USWest is filled with dota. 3/5 of the games are dota, some of which are constantly new versions that people can't dl in time to keep up, so I pity them in their feeble attempts trying to get the latetst version, end up clogging and crashing their sorry little computers. All dota has are icons and UT2003 sounds, which actually amuse players so they clap like some monkey on drugs.

Dota has NO Quality in it whatsoever, not because I'm flaming it, it's because:
1: Terrain is all flat except for small basins and the river. Diagonal AoS
2: No balanced at all. All heroes do 50 damage at level 1, end up at like 150 at max, get uber items
3: Load time is horribly leaked, with stupid recipes that clog up more time
4: Call someone godlike for using an overpowered hero
5: Read this. This is from one of their descriptions, when I used to see my brother play dota
All the popular heroes have been significantly nerfed
6: Don't realize how important attack and attack speed bonuses are. If you get 40 extra damage, in like 5 seconds of attacking, that's 400 extra damage! People like that because they are lulled into false satisfaction; Use very stupid spells, some ripped and all of them without credit to the original makers.
7: Makers have no life. Guinsoo was failing college when he kept trying to update it.
8: Never used previews until they started taking really stupid screenshots of like 3 heroes, no action, just the wording it's dota
9: Is flooded into sites. Luckily, we have moderators, but in trash-heap worldofwar.net, in the "Offense" Section, about half of the maps in the preview are dotas, the majority outdated for 1.16, or dare I say, 1.14-5

Level 2
lol i certaintly hope they were on drugs when they made it and released it.Now every1 goes around playing DOTA and saying wee this is fun when there like 20 thousand mods and some many other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.