• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creep Camp Icons... How to get rid of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Currently my map has some FPS issues. That's why I'm trying to fix everything and find out what is causing the high FPS.

I just found out that my creep camp icons increase my FPS by 8-12!!!
That's possible, cus I got like my entire minimap filled with them.

I tested this with playing my map and I noticed that once I type 'iseedeadpeople' my fps went up by 8-12.
The only thing I can think of is that it's cus of the Creep Camp Icons, cus it's the only thing floating my minimap.

Is there a way to get rid of those icons? I remember there was something, but I forgot it.

EDIT: Or is there a way to force players to not show them as soon as the game starts?

Level 19
Use Neutral Victim or Neutral Extra instead of Neutral Hostile.

Some other suggestions for the core problem:
- set black mask partially revealed to false
- only spawn creeps in areas if heroes are present

Ye I already do specific things only if heroes are nearby.

As for the hostile players... How do I make neutrals other then passive and hostile? Is it possible only in triggers?

Level 19
Ah woah that would come in very handy!!! Ty for the info!
Do different neutrals attack eachother? Or are they allied?

Level 25
Yes they can!

All 4 of the neutral player slots are basically just players that can't be controlled by humans.

You simply set them to treat each other as enemy/ally or whatever you want.

Some things to keep in mind:
- only neutral hostile shows a unit's name and level on mouse-over
- all neutrals use the same "guard distance" values as set in gameplay constants

Level 19
Oh nice... Tomorrow when I get home I'm gonna experiment with it! Thanks a lot for all the info!!!

Level 19
Did some tries with this all.

As for the unit icons. I think it only 'clicks' the minimap button, but it doesn't lock it or anything. Gotta find a way to track when a player clicks it so I can immediatelly disable it again.

As for the neutral players. Got it working now.
2bad you can't see their tooltips, but I guess that's the downside of a good thing.;-)

Thanks for your help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.