• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Geoest Merging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 51
boah, thy really nice tutorial:))) +rep:)

Edit: I have another question:) at the start for my model(i call it RedDragon-Beserker) i removed all the geosets and so on from the demonhunter, i only left the pants. Then i added main parts as chest and feet and so on, then i removed a little bit of the arms on both sides, cause i made bracers later out of that part I removed so they stay exactly together in the finished models. BUT in the animations (Hellscream animations) they go a little bit away of the upper arms and the hands and left little holes. how can i make that the mesh is connected and don't left holes like this? +rep again:)

For gods sake Frank, first you tell one guy he can't submit models of what you refer to as "your" themes, and now you've even copyrighted a certain style? I mean damn.

What did you have to do with it anyway? If you don't model then don't say any thing. And if you have not heard of anything like mental property then you are certainly in the wrong place.

Level 4
16kq6w0.jpg

This just in: Identical ingame textures look identical.

Maybe he was trying to create an "identical" or similar model, in the pursuit of learning how to be a good modeler.

Sometimes emulating the example is the best way to learn.

Maybe asking first instead of posting a snide remark
*cough* Mental Property *cough*
would be the polite way to go Frank...but hey I'm just a guy with 42 posts and a join date in 2k9. I don't know the full story...either way...

Not that I think Linaze's response was any more polite or mature...

16kq6w0.jpg

This just in: Identical ingame textures look identical.

Maybe he was trying to create an "identical" or similar model, in the pursuit of learning how to be a good modeler.

Sometimes emulating the example is the best way to learn.

Maybe asking first instead of posting a snide remark would be the polite way to go Frank...but hey I'm just a guy with 42 posts and a join date in 2k9. I don't know the full story...either way...

Not that I think Linaze's response was any more polite or mature...

No you don't but it is still my intellectual property, which I will enforce to protect. It would have been okay, if he warned or asked me before, but as he has not it's stealing my intellectual property. Just like that.

You're stealing blizzard's intellectual property by using their textures by your logic.

You're stealing blizzard's intellectual property by posting a screenshot of their textures by your logic.

Hypocrite much?

Seriously, get a grip on how real law works, not what you can run around saying.

Intellectual property is granted by a legal agreement, not by you making something and then going HURR HURR MY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.

No jurisdiction in the entire world would uphold that the Warcraft III models you created are your intellectual property. Even the agreement you signed with blizzard saying it was their intellectual property is shaky at best.

Do you understand how law works? Apparently not, because you live in a world where if someone creates something, it can't be stolen, because its "intellectual property".

Apparently you live in a world where we don't need trademarks, patents, registered trade secrets, industrial design rights, etc... because intellectual property is protected by law.

The fact is, you're far too self-righteous about making extremely simplistic models for a video game.

Everything a person creates is not intellectual property that is recognized in their jurisdiction until they register it as such through the proper channels.

It is still my idea and he has totally no right to steal it, undependable on how it is utilised.

Level 4
Oh I agree. I thought you were making the statement that everything you created was protected by law automatically or something.

My bad.... I should stay off the forums at 3:13 AM.

Though lack of sleep is no excuse for rude rants, apologies.

./grump off

Oh I agree. I thought you were making the statement that everything you created was protected by law.

No, you said that. Intellectual property is not really protected by law, I just said that I know how to protect it. And still you should not argue about thing that do not have anything to do with you.

Level 51
Look at the wrap on the pants. It's definitely not yours.
no... it isn't anything stolen from you Frank or any other modeler anywhere out in this world, i just get the inspirtion and wanted that my models look a bit better and fit to your models in my map... sorry for that... and jeah, don't think i only took GF's pants and wrapped them a little bit a other way...
but for the model could someone help me? (if General Frank accepts that i can continuine at this model)
but i need anyway to know how to do this:)

Last edited:
if you were referring to a human-esk dragon, his does look quite similar, although the pants, are just to much of a coincidence, even if you did remake everything, you almost definently looked at his while you were making it..

but as far as intellectual property, does that mean anyone who ever modeled a tank, to contact the original engineers who designed them?
although i dont personally care what people do/copy from my resources, others peoples views differ. I dont see why you would even bother making the model though, if you knew it already existed.. but you probably should have asked, atleast if ur plannin on shareing it

Status
Not open for further replies.