• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Generic Avatar Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
When you try to edit your avatar, you can choose one of pre-defined generic avatars. There, in the 'Generic Avatars', you can choose:
Alchemist, Clockwerk Goblin, Bear, Paladin, Seawitch, Pitlord, Pandaren Brewmaster, Firelord, Dark Ranger, Beastmaster, and on page two Farseer.
Isn't he an Orc? Isn't it Farseer, not Farseeer?
I ask for a quick move of him to the orc section, or deletion of him from there, as there is already animated GIF of him in the Orc section.

Level 35
Well I see that people use them, but not from farseer. or whatever, nobody actually cares if he is called Farseer or Farser, and if he is located under neutral rather than in Orcs.
Pyritie, then go there fix that and close this thread. Its funny that we even discuss about it. It has been like that here for years probably and nobody cares. Quick fix and close thread I suggest.

Level 30
If you think that those 'small glitches' are nothing to worry or think about, please repel from commenting in here. I just noticed it and wanted to tell, as many of those 'mistakes' can lead in discourage of Thw users. I am not meaning that there are many mistakes, but we all aim perfection, aren't we?
I just asked to move/remove it - and I see not a single reason to be sarcastic. I believe that it's just a minute or two of work.
But go ahead, and ignore this. I'm a person that actually cares about those small errors - meaning that I'm way too childish for your 'serious business".

Level 35
If you think that those 'small glitches' are nothing to worry or think about, please repel from commenting in here.
Actually as you can see how it is important, thats why nobody comments here.

I just noticed it and wanted to tell, as many of those 'mistakes' can lead in discourage of Thw users.
I disagree with that, its my opinion.
First of all, THW users, most of them are using custom avatars. Only lazy ones, newbies with few posts (who never got back again), and some rare people who specially like certain avatar from gallery use them.
I noticed few minutes ago that online was 1204 users, something like that.
Each day, are at least 1000 users at any moment online, and haven't seen anyone discouraged by avatars. I bet most of users even checked out Hive's avatars.
So, Hive wont fail because of avatars, be sure about that,

I am not meaning that there are many mistakes, but we all aim perfection, aren't we?
Depends which thing can lead you to ,,perfection" this one for sure will not.
But somewhat I agree with that.

I just asked to move/remove it - and I see not a single reason to be sarcastic.
That was pointed out to me because I used sarcasm code. Well, I found reason to be sarcastic.

I believe that it's just a minute or two of work.
I strongly agree with that!
Like I said, he should go there quick fix that and close thread.

But go ahead, and ignore this. I'm a person that actually cares about those small errors - meaning that I'm way too childish for your 'serious business".
man, you do not understand...
You are right about that totally, but only you are in wrong place to say that.
First off, this thread should not be here. Basically you agree with him to open thread ABOUT FAR SEER BEING IN WRONG PLACE IN GALLERY.
Okay, I will now find a Pitlord in wrong place for example, and I will create another thread for Pitlord being in wrong place... And you will find Arthas.. and same over again... And like you said already, it is minute or two work, well thats why Admin contact exist because administrators can do it in gallery, so he should open thread to contact administrator, or send PM to any administrator, no to open thread here in Site Discussion! So we all should discuss about one icon being in wrong place. here is nothing to discuss, except that we are discussing (which has nothing to do with certain icon). You saw my thread for example (not because its my thread and I myself wrote it, its because it is global one) about changed theme, and that really affected whole site and community, so its in site discussion and people talk about it, not this ,,small glitches" like you said. Send a Pm to pyritie for example, and it will be done. No need to open thread here at first place.
Basically all what you said is right, but in wrong thread.

Level 25
Does anyone even use those avatars anyway?

Can't see the relevance in this.
Just because something is less used, it should be incorrect/missguiding and ignored?

Anyway, Master is right about that you should just have posted a quick notice in admin contact, there is no need to open a thread for this.
Though some comments are unwanted and unneeded, you guys could just have told Apheraz he should have done that and then leave it be, no need for the sarcastic posts etc.

Now that this has been solved, fix the typo, move the avatar to the right spot and close this thread. (or just completely remove all of those avatars, by refering to Pyr's post)
And everyone can walk away happy.

Level 13
Meh, someone should probably fix it, even though its not so important.

EDIT: Yeah, what Elainiel said ^^

Level 35
Stop being so rude and quit trolling the poor guy. He just wants to help.

This is the site discussion, we're discussing site issues. If the staff says it's not important enough, they will voice their opinion in a calm, civil manner. I don't think there's a need for any of you to bash the OP.

Level 35
No, we are not discussing site issues here. Here is nothing to discuss. I do not see anyone discussing because nobody cares about it. And nobody is trolling nobody. Its matter of opinions and facts.
Some stands for this is important, some (more people, but quantity is not so matter) stands that this is not important to be here in site discussion.
Well thats related to opinions, and everyone is right here, everyone has point.
Fact is that huge majority doesn't care about it. Actually, if we remove all post which are not directly related to fellow icon being in wrong place, then it would left only one post, first one. So thread would be empty. We all know what happens to those... Deletion if no response some time...
I also can understand why staff do not respond here... They have probably full hands of job, and they have no time for thread about Far seer being in wrong place. For forth time, simply PM one admin, and he will fix that in moment. Anyone of us should PM administrator, not thread creator.
Nobody said that its not important. We just said that its not important for here. And that's our opinion. You cannot say ,,stop trolling".. As your posts did not get cleared, therefore nobody trolled and choose your words carefully, especially when pointing out someone's ,,troll" actions. Which do not exist.
Now, here will be Christmass, New Year and such.. lets move to relaxed happening, themes and enjoy in holidays, be happy little, rather than sitting in this thread and arguing.

Level 35
The site skin layout thing may be equally unimportant for some users, like myself. It's all a matter of preference, yet me saying that it is unimportant to me (as a user who has no power to change anything) would create nothing of value, nor would it resolve the issue in question.

If the staff thinks it's unimportant, they'll say so or ignore it. No one else needs to write here anything as far as I'm concerned.

Level 35
Wazzz hahah! NOOOOOO do not leave hive because of one Farseer icon! Pleaseee... Such a BIG mistake will not happen again! I think we all learned from this mistake!

Anyway, now, seriously, I send a PM to Pyritie already to fix that typo and icon, so we can keep going with our lives!
Guys ,,if you want to help then do it, do not talk about that", so if you wanted that thing to be fixed, then you should do something about it. Like i did now. I send Pm to him, and I did what I can. Its not now up to me.

Level 35
I sometimes question on people's mental stability.

BUG REPORTS GOES TO BUG REPORT FORUM
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/bug-report-forum-241/

crap like this
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/site-discussion-97/rejected-problems-185645/
goes to BLOODY RESOURCE MODERATION FORUM like all resource-related problems!
They go here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact-692/

Also it will be wise before creating thread to see if such already exist. Not like in my case, people created few threads like mine, and moderators merged them into my thread about new theme. Stupid threads got deleted, some got merged to mine.
To prevent that, people please think before doing something! Please.
Basically here is like this:
OMG I HAVE PROBLEM, MY MAP GOT REJECTED! - I am going to create thread in Site discussion
OMG I HAVE PROBLEM WITH CERTAIN MEMBER - I am going to create thread in Site discussion
OMG I FOUND FARSEER DISPELLED AND NOT IN ORC - I am going to create thread in Site discussion
OMG I DID NOT READ IF SUCH THREAD EXIST - I am going to create thread in Site discussion anyway
OMG I FOUND BUG OR I THINK IT IS BUG - I am going to create thread in Site discussion
OMG I DO NOT KNOW WHICH SIZE IS SIGNATURE, AND I AM LAZY TO ASK ANOBODY - I am going to create thread in Site discussion, I am not lazy for that
OMG I WANT TO CREATE POLL WHICH I LIKE PERSONALLY - I am going to create thread in Site discussion,
even Ralle told that poll is stupid! Which Ralle posted like that, it means that its more than double stupid!
And all of that goes here.
how many closed threads are in Site discussion!
Guys, some of you act like only one forum is Site discussion, and everyone's main excuse is ,,its all related to site or its par" but ignore main problem: Its not related to site discussion if specific forums exist. Bog report, resource moderation, Admin contact and such...
So I can now ask Ralle to remove those forums, they are not needed anymore... Just guess

Level 35
On the other, people should be pouncing on people for making bug reports, I mean you want to encourage people to do that sort of thing right?

You think we should pounce on people for bringing light to the hive's inefficiencies?? You think we should stop their voices from being heard, is that it??! If people don't voice their opinion all the time, we won't know who to listen to!!

Status
Not open for further replies.