1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[General] - Helping with names

Discussion in 'Project Development & Idea Factory' started by Tleno, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Planet - Barst, Nadrag & Umaroth
    Coninent - Hrothgar, Vreal & Nial
    Area - Valley of Awe & Dragons Landing
    City - DaggerSpine & Volun

2. Arcisal

Arcisal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Planet: Aera
    Continent: Esier
    Area: Karanis, Tarsis
    City/Province/Village: Anderghal, Haedon, Dillowseep

3. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I will see with The_Mirai can we create world map and present it to you.
    Maybe that can help as well to pick the best opinions :)

Suggestions so far are really great.

4. Geries

Geries

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Correct me if I am not right, however I am right, these are from book Eragon :p

Barst: General of Urû'baen at the final battle with Galbatorix
    Nadrag: Phew I dunno what was this
    Umaroth: Vrael's dragon, white one, and he slained at the battle of Vroengard, just his Elundarí left at the Vault of Souls.
    Hrothgar: Dwarf king( the 42th one )
    Vrael: Leader of the dragon riders at the dawn of the Folsworns
    Neal: Was the pseudonym of Brom when he and Eragon visited Teirm
    Volund: Ancient dwarven war hammer that was forged by the first dwarf king and used by the dwarf kings for ages.

Cool names anyway, but they already in use. Better to use some original.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  5. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I agree with Geries. :)

6. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Some of them are yes but you can also accuse of taking Hrothgar from various other places like Icewind Dale which was the original place it came from. And even though now that you say it many I didn't even think about even though Barst, Umaroth and Vrael was I didn't realize that I almost identicly coppied other names like Volund. However if I wanted to copy names from Eragon just blanclly I could have given you alot of other examples like Aren, Beloth, Gleadr, Shruikan, Orik, Solumbom, Grimr, Shadowhunter, Yelloweyes, Firnen, Islanzadi, Blagden, Belgabad and alot of others. I could also tell you that all the songs I've suggested I've heard from either Ulduar the Movie http://www.modenstudios.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=37&Itemid=1 or the Nightwish songs from Imaginearium album.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  7. The_Mirai

The_Mirai

Resources:
    Resources:
    If I wanted to bite names from video games and such, I'd use Skyrim as a reference for everything. But I need something original as to bring a certain level of "uniqueness" to SotP. No one want's to see Aragon and Boromir as the names of the characters, or Mordor and Minas Tirith as the names of the areas/cities, am I right?

Anyways, great suggestions so far! Keep 'em coming! :thumbs_up:

Oh, I almost forgot! If you could suggest a name of a RACE (like Orcs, Elves, Kajit and others) that would be great. No need to wrack your brains about it, just give it a thought. I can use it in the story, but it is not really necessary, I can just go around it.

:cool:

8. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Spirits - Ancient creatures which are used to live in forests and desert. They are messengers of the gods and they can be very dangerous if needed. Killing a spirit will curse the killer to became spirit himself after death. Life of a spirit is like hell all the time pain and they are trying to find way to escape with their anger. Some rumors tells that they have some contacts with undead or dead creatures.

9. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Reptillian - Reptillians are a reptile creature that have evolved from saltwater crocodiles and where named by humans since they were incapebl of talk but stole the ability from some of their human prisoners and are now capeble of talking and even though they've never been friends with the human race they have a agreed on peace to avoid loss of life. Even thogh they usally stand on their back legs which are larger and more muscular then those of crocodiles, however they hunt just like crocodiles which is by laying still in the water waiting for the pray to come to them and when the prey is stuck they do their deathroll. They have inherited the saltwater crocodiles size (and alitle more) since the saltwater crocodile is the largest crocodile the reptillians are larger then any human. Reptillians also don't use armor since they also have inherited the crocodiles thick scale which outmatches most armors. Unlike humans the reptillians don't have fingers which means they are incapeble of grabing things, tools and wepons but their teeths and claws makes more perfect wepons then any swords.

-Saltwater Crocodile-
    [​IMG]

10. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I though there would read "lowe1994ba"... :D

11. The_Mirai

The_Mirai

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, no, guys; you're missing the point. Remixer, -Kobas- already has Spirits as creeps, so that wont work, and lowe1994ba, Reptilians are not original.

Try thinking of a name that's something between Elves and Humans - like, Elvans! Holy crap, that actually sounds good! Lol :D I'm using it!

Okay, race name suggestions are WITHDRAWN! But feel free to post some anyway.

12. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    My ideas are much more important than -Kobas- so he can remove spirits. So there also can´t be ent cause they are as creeps. Hmm let me thing. What about Unelfs?

13. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    So you think that Khajit was a good example for a name when you wanted a mix of human and elf?

14. The_Mirai

The_Mirai

Resources:
    Resources:
    Khajit was just a random suggestion of an existing (?) race. Look, it's not important anymore. Seriously, just drop the whole 'race name' subject.

More importantly, I posted an important update in SotP history thread. I suggest you read it.

15. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds awesome enough, well then consider it dropped.

16. Lembidi

Lembidi

Resources:
    Resources:
    (1) Human King: Anjelord
    (1) Imperial Commander: John Galt
    (2) Imperial Captain: Aki, Lesehant (Big Daddy, Dumping Memory)
    (1) Archmage: Grendle

17. Sin'dorei300

Sin'dorei300

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Human King: Rathar Grath
    Imperial Commander: Kirgal Kerzon