• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[HELP] - Translator Wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
It's as the title says: -Kobas- needs someone to help him with English! If you think you can help, here are the requirements:

- You absolutely MUST know to speak English as grammatically correct as possible! That means that you must be able to completely rephrase -Kobas-'s sentences without loosing their meaning (you'll understand what that means as soon as you see his writing).

- You should/must have a vivid IMAGINATION. Meaning that you have to be able to use that 'old' and 'wise' way of speaking as well as to make some humorous moments when the situation is right. Also, sometimes -Kobas- just tells you what he wants you to write about because he has no idea himself (example: descriptions - you'll just receive the basic info about items, and your job is to make up a humble, but creative, description for them).

- And, the most important of all: you must have a lot of FREE TIME! That of course means that you must be a very active member of the Hive as well. This is the requirement I do not fulfill, and therefore have resigned as his translator, otherwise there is no reason why I shouldn't help him.

Now some background on this matter:

-Kobas- doesn't know that I resigned so, by putting up this thread, I'm officially letting him know. I feel really terrible for doing this since he's my best friend, but I really have no other choice! I'm a perfectionist in everything I do, and so I use up a lot of my time writing what he needed (example: those funny weapon's descriptions took me around 4-5 hours of non-stop concentration and brainstorming); however, I cannot afford myself to lose so much time anymore. The hardest and the most important semester of my college year has started, and I'm forced to spend 6-7 hours per work-day listening to classes (not counting the study groups organized around 2 hours before them (sometimes, even on weekends!); not every day, but still...). I'll have time to spare only when summer break starts, after the exam terms (around mid July), and it wouldn't be fair to both -Kobas- and to you guys who track his project, to ask you to wait for me 'till then (which is why I started this thread).

And that's the whole story. I remember before, some other people offered to help -Kobas- with English but he kindly refused them because he trusted me to do it so that people would hear about me and I'd gain some respect (which is something I'm not after at all!). So, I call upon those people again if they are still willing to offer their help once more; not for me, but for -Kobas- and for this project in which we all have high hopes for!

Yeah school can be fu annoying, I have same problems :sad:
Anyway I decided to remove descriptions from weapons and armors.
This will speed up process a lot.
I will try to finish story in next few days and start writing some parts here :)
Terrain isn't problem, as well as systems, all I need to do now is to add triggers and so on!

As soon as I upload fixed demo with few more added things you guys will be free to improve English!

Level 10
Hmm... I'd love to help! Heck, I mean, that's a lot of what I've had to on the project I'm working with. Just ask ImperialShadow or MrStormyZ. If you haven't done so already, you could take a look at the project thread's first post. It's made by me and it's in 100% pure, grammatically correct, English.

Give me a shout if you are in need of my abilities. :smile:

Last edited:
Level 10
I'd be happy to play your map, but it would be easier to edit the text from a paste, in a notepad, or somewhere else I could easily copy the text and rephrase it.

So, that would great if you could do that for me, otherwise I might have a hard time minimizing the game right after a cinematic and trying to rephrase just going off my memory of what I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.