• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gems of Unification v13.02.26

gemsofunificationheader.jpg

Inside this game a plot slowly unfolds around certain gems that carry a great power. A power that has to be kept safe, in your hands.

Introduction

Gems of Unification (GoU) is Role Playing Game (RPG) which can (and should) be played in multiplayer. I've worked quite a lot on this map and hope you'll enjoy it.

This map is currently still in heavy development, but playable. Of the three acts the first two are largely done. Expect this map to be updated a lot over the coming months.

If you find any bugs or have suggestions to the map don't hesitate to contact me by posting in this thread. Together we can create a new epic map!

Features
  • 1 Class (explained below)
  • 39 Abilities
  • 150+ Items
  • 8 Birthsigns
  • Threat and AI System
  • Equipment System, items influence your hero in many ways!
  • Attachment System, items are displayed on your hero
  • Save/Load System, keep your hero with you!
  • Indoor terrains, varying from homes to caves to dungeons!
  • Combat Text and Casting Bar Systems
  • Epic dungeon's and outdoor bosses!

One hero, all classes!

Pick up your weapon of choice, learn your own spells and do the quests you like. Your choices determine your class, allowing a whole new kind of customization! So will picking up a bow for instance make your hero a ranged damage dealer since bows provide a ranged attack and a damage bonus. Together with the ability to pick up any spell you like (though there is a maximum of spells you can pick) you can create your own class! Any combination is possible!​

herobuild.png

sc8z.jpg

sc7os.jpg

sc6p.jpg

sc5bo.jpg

sc4yi.jpg

sc3c.jpg

sc2hw.jpg

sc1hh.jpg

FAQ

What is this game about? What does RPG mean?
RPG stands for Role Playing Game, which in this context means you play a character that explores the world of Gems of Unification. You're pretty free to choose which kind of character you want to be.

In which aspects does this game differ from other RPG's, like Gaia's Retaliation?
I'll be honest, in a lot of aspects it is the same, it's just fresh, new content. In what aspects it differs are these; class customization, you don't pick a pre-made class with certain abilities but you're free to choose how you want your character to be.

The game crashes!
Make sure you have texture quality on highest, else the game can crash. Next to that, suggested resolution screen is 1920x1080. Small resolution and graphic can broke game or improperly display data. If the game still crashes after trying this try running Warcraft III in openGL by adding -opengl to your startup exe.

Help, I can't save in singleplayer! Why is this?!
In order to prevent people from cheating their character up I've disabled saving in singleplayer.

My save code doesn't work.
Make sure you're using the same playername you used while you saved your character.

Restore my code!!
I won't sorry, you'll have to level up again.

I've noticed a serious bug, where can I report this?
You can report this by replying to the uploaded map at the Hive Workshop or in the post on the forums there I have for this map.

Your map sucks!!1
Okay... Play something else than.

Credits
Thanks to these people I was able to create this map.

• Testing: Ken Plattel
  • Main inspiration: Gaia's Retaliation ORPG Team: teh.fellow aka Playmo, Zwiebelchen aka Todeszwiebel, Shapy, muzzel
  • Models/Skins: Born²Modificate, Kitabatake, Lopaki, Dan Van Ohllus, Mr. Goblin, DerReaper2, xXm0rpH3usXx, Pyritie, Mc !, Chriz., JetFangInferno, Vuen, olofmoleman, Nasrudin, jatter2, Kitabatake, Thrikodius, ikillforeyou, Sunchips and dirtytricks
  • AIDS and Damage detection: Jesus4Lyf
  • DayNightFog System: Viikuna
  • Bag System: muzzel
  • Save/Load: Nestharus
  • Spell: Paladon
  • Hive Workshop in general, the community

Please contact me when we left you out on credits.

Changelog

v13.02.26
  • Solved a bug where unattainable items used for the upcoming dungeon 3 (Cathedral Catacombs) were already available via gamble
  • Buffs from abilties will now properly be removed if they would have expired when the hero was dead
  • Moved some wrongly places creeps from ogre area to Cathedral Catacombs
v13.02.24
  • Save/load system removed and replaced by Nestharus, all related bugs are fixed by this (clones heroes, invalid codes, laggy load, incorrect items, etc)
  • Improved items will now properly be removed when an other character is loaded
  • Ranks will now also be saved
  • Origin of the Gems quest will now work properly and end with a quest to go into dungeon 3
  • The quest A Warning Sign will now rewards Rank 3
v12.08.07
  • Fixed an issue where summons could cause loads to bug
  • Fixed an issue where backpack items weren't properly saved
  • Fixed an issue where no save code would get generated at all
  • Centaur and Tauren creeps should no longer grant experience when killed while being allied to them
  • Intimidation Shout now properly applies AoE threat
  • Added an additional vendor in Windfell who sells common weapons
  • Lowered the duration of Bash for Orc Grunts in Act III from 2 seconds to 0.25
  • Increased the damage of Keli'dan the Breaker and Feral Swine
  • Seal of Vigor can no longer procc off Quill Aura
  • The King now casts Dominate on himself
  • Save codes now no longer contain spaces, making them easier to copy
  • Recalculated the shadow map, improving shadows on some places
v12.08.05
  • Elite creeps (dungeon non-boss creeps) now have their proper base health
  • Solved an issue with the quest The Chieftain's End
v12.08.04
  • Save codes have been reset due to exploits, these should be fixed this version
  • Solved a bug causing double hero stat calculations
  • Solved a bug causing Impact to trigger off any unit even without the ability
  • Items owned by a player now get properly removed when loading a new character
v12.08.02
  • The long awaited Act III has been released! It contains a new leveling area for level 38 - 48. This brand new act contains the following:
    • A whole new part of terrain, including the main capital Armadale
    • All new quests that continue the story from Act II
    • Brand new creeps which drop fancy new items
    • 7 new abilities
    • And many more things!
  • All save/load bugs are fixed, saving should now always generate a code, as well as loading should now always load your character fully
  • Because of save/load bugs, all save codes have been reset unfortunately
  • Mana per intelligence has been lowered from 15 to 10 per point
  • Base hero mana increased from 0 to 15
  • New Birthsign added, Birthsign: Panda provides +30% healing done
  • New Birthsign added, Birthsign: Dragon gives the hero a 10% chance on attack to deal additional elemental damage
  • Birthsign: Owl now gives +25% spell damage instead of increasing spell power
  • Birthsign: Boar now in addition to a health bonus gives +5% resistance to all types of spells
  • All spell power based abilities have their coëfficient reduced by ~30%
  • All creeps have their base health increased in order to increase difficulty (including elites and dungeon 2 creeps)
  • Player creep scaling has changed, health went down from 75% to 50% per player, damage from 25% to 10% per player
  • Gold gained by quests has been normalized depending on hero level, big differences in the supposed level and the hero level reduce the gold reward, experience and skill points still stay independant on the hero level
  • Ranks for the Armadale Army now give 2% dodge and resistance down from 3%
  • Gold sharing to an ally is now no longer possible
  • Ensnare is now no longer usable on bosses
  • Knuckle Punch can now be relearned by Innkeeper Valdr in Bridgewater
  • Harpy Hag now has two additional abilities to increase her difficulty
  • Internal creep recylcing engine improved
  • Creeps now spawn with a new fade in animation
  • Added additional troll huts for the quest No Home, No Future
  • Reduced the selling price of herbs (berries)
  • Potions and herbs now stack properly, there should no longer be an error message
  • Potions and herbs can now stack up to 10, increased from per 4
  • Fixed a typo in Master Healing Potion recipe
  • Fixed a bug that caused creep player settings to affect players instead of creeps
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the hero to stay in combat after surrendering the troll Warlord
  • Fixed a bug causing animation errors when dropping weapons
v12.06.12
  • The following bosses have gained a new unique ability to make their fights more interesting: Gareth the Greedy, Ember Skeleton, The King and Dragon Turtle
  • Both dungeons now have an easy way to leave them at the last boss (a teleport)
  • Dungeon bosses now have a shout message when engaged in combat
  • Added a notification when a player leaves the game, in addition creeps will scale down (less health/damage/etc)
  • All casting bars are now visible for all players (including creep casts)
  • Tauren and Centaur now scale with the amount of players as normal creeps do
  • Attack speed should now properly be displayed when viewing stats, this was a display issue only
  • The quest Stopping the Trolls can now no longer be started twice
  • Shadow Dagger debuff now properly lasts 3 seconds instead of just 1
  • Shadow Dagger will now go on cooldown when killing a unit with it
  • Solved an issue with Flaming Arrow
  • Gambling now always gives an item
  • Its no longer possible to gain a material when gambling
v12.05.28
  • Gambling has been added; you can now gamble for a random item by paying a heavy sum to a NPC
  • Quest items should no longer be saveable, which should prevent a lot of bugs from happening
  • Almost all spells which scale with Spell Power have their coefficient lowered
    • Protective Shield down from 7x to 6x
    • Arcane Burst dowm from 3.5x to 2.5x
    • Barkskin down from 4x to 3x
    • Heal down from 7x to 6x
    • Fireball down from 2x to 1.25x
    • Shadow Embrace down from 6x to 5.5x
  • Save files are more readable now
  • Additional quests have been added; one for Bounty Hunter Miles and one concerning Warlord Ula'elek
  • The quest Ain't That a Kick in the Head now works correctly
  • Troll huts that get destroyed should now play their fire animation for all players
  • Birthsign: Serpent now provides 15% critical strike damage down from 25%
  • Bounty Hunter Miles now offers different items for sale
  • Resistance should now work properly again, all bugs resolved
  • Barkskin no longer forgets its armor added when equiping or de-equiping a ranged weapon
  • Mark of the Wild now adds the proper amount of agility upon buffing
  • Mark of the Wild disabled icon has been added
  • Improving Furbolg Relic should now provide the correct stats
v12.05.22
  • Creeps now scale with the amount of players, with each player creeps gain +75% health, +25% damage, +15% experience reward and +15% item drop chance
  • Fixed an issue that could crash the game when playing WC3 with a different version
  • Fixed a bug with loading certain save codes that would not restore a hero correctly
  • Added a questgiver in Palemane Hills just after the bridge
  • Fixed a bug with the Murloc or Serpent birthsign being lost after reviving
  • Potions and Ability scrolls are saveable from this version on
  • Casting while wielding a two-handed weapon should no longer cause animation issues
  • The model of Gladius is now properly attached
  • Inner Courage tooltip improved
  • Pets should no longer become stuck near the entrance of dungeon 1
v12.05.20
  • A lot of exploits and bugs have been fixed, because of this earlier save codes do not work with this new version, I apologize
  • The game can now be played in singleplayer LAN games!
  • Two new commands have been added: -roll (displaying a random number between 1 and 100) and -clear (clears all text messages)
  • View Stats, Rest and Spellbook now have their hotkeys displayed in their tooltip
  • When playing the game in singleplayer an ingame message is displayed at the start of a game that saving has been disabled
  • An aweful lot of bugs concerning loading a character have been solved (Birthsigns disappearing, faction choice for tauren/centaur, etc)
  • Mana cost of a lot of abilities have been rescaled
  • Deadly Poison now deals 1x Agility down from 1.5x Agility
  • Gold cost for improving items increased and now dependant on item quality as it should be
  • Gold cost for recipes reduced
  • Birthsign quest is no longer available if you already have a birthsign
  • Improving high leveled items should no longer cause disappearing stats
  • All bugs concerning bows becoming melee items have been resolved
  • Slaying the last boss of dungeon 1 (Mother) prematurely no longer causes the quest to bug
  • Higher ranks should no longer collide with lower ranks when obtained
  • Guard next to the ambassador in the centaur camp now has proper talk text
  • Solved a bug concerning destroying troll huts with multiple players
  • Solved a desync bug with Lost Merchandise quest
  • A preview image has been added
v12.05.17
  • Bug fixed concerning equiping improved items and colliding item classes
  • Two new Birthsigns added, check them out!
  • Terraining improvements like Army Encampment in the northeast, grass pitching and bridge between Act I and Act II
  • Heroes now have normal names now
v12.05.07
  • Herbalism has been added, you can now gather berries from bushes and convert them into potions, more to be added in the future
  • Improve Items has been added, you can now (for a fee) improve your items, increasing their stats
  • All desync issues should now be solved, the problem was found and fixed
  • Three new abilities have been added, they drop off dungeon 1 bosses or dungeon 2 trash creeps
  • Unlearn Skills has been added, you can now reset (for a free) all skill points of your hero
  • A Sign From the Stars / Foreign Market can now both be started without having completed their pre-quests
  • Troll Cookbooks will no longer be floating
  • An additional path has been made through some trees down the hero's home house
  • Hydro Jet should now be working correctly again
  • Hippogryph above Windfell should be flying once again
  • Solved a bug with AIDS when selling items with bag
  • Solved a bug with TTBars (casting bar) when killing a casting unit
  • Credits is now updated, all resources authors have been tracked as far as possible and added
v12.04.29
  • Items now require a minimum level, this is also displayed in item tooltip
  • All abilities now have an unique hotkey
  • Inner Courage now increases threat done by damage by 50% up from 35%
  • Taunt now generates additional threat equal to 3x hero level up from 2x hero level
  • Intimidation Shout now generates slightly more threat
  • Pathing of some rocks near Windfell fixed
  • Quest text dialogs from some quests in Bridgewater improved
v12.04.23
  • Added vendor items, who carry no stats but earn you some coin
  • Items are now bound to player when saving/loading
  • Resolved a bug with Heal not working
  • Loading a hero should now no longer bug non started quests
  • Resolved a bug with Summon: Hawk
  • Display text of save code now displays longer (30 secs)
  • Disabled some debug stuff that shouldn't be in-game
v12.04.18
  • Initial Public Release

Upcoming
  • More quests
  • New abilities
  • Dungeon 3
  • More items
  • Bugfixing and balancing: priority
  • Additional stuff in the world (gatherable plants, etc)

Game is optimized and can't be opened by WC3 editor.
Make sure you have texture quality on highest.

v13.02.26

Keywords:
Gems, Unification, ORPG, RPG, Gaia's, Retaliation, Hero, Multiplayer, Epic, Terrain, Class
Contents

Gems of Unification v13.02.26 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - Date: 2012/May/26 20:15:05 Reasons: Other: Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object editor, overall...
Level 10
got a save broken:
-load cYpp-RAQf-h5vG-oqVr-3ixo-sG1G-9JoO-E6gd-0W6J-TL4v-oVMv-TjXu-JxoJ-V3ac-Rr
(i don't pretend it to be repaired, got what I had there already)

Any specific thing you did with this character? Like doing a special quest or obtaining a specific item?

Also you can make 5 heroes by loading, the "real" is last one but every1 revives.

What do you mean exactly with this? You load characters multiple times and when you die they all revive?

Level 1
Found another minor bug. One of a one-handed sword "Gladius" did not have attached model to it. However, there are times that the model showed appropriately. Also, sometimes when you switch sword-shield stance, to dual wielding, vice versa, the animation would messed up a little.

In addition to my previous statement about agility stats, I now officially take it back. Agility does have it's own purpose, mainly for critical hits.

Level 4
agi

im playing solo lan with a rougue like char, i have full agi eventhougth im lvl 13 it can dish out pretty good dmg well i havent try out any other class so i dont know if it is actually good or bad, but with deadly poison the dmg is pretty decent for me, i also have steed birthsing i duno if it is the ebst i think so cqause deadly poison dont crit so the important is more speed to proc it more, full agi will alredy give enougth crit i think so ill apreciate any commentary on this :) im also looking for people to play with, im tired of playing alone and noone have upload the map to makemehost.com or bgn b.net bots ):

Level 2
Well this is strange... I've checked the changelog and every new reply on this thread. Nothing about it.
I just hosted it online, another player joined, we started playing (actually I did, the other player was no longer in the game). About three minutes into the game, it completely froze. I had to kill war3.exe process to regain control of my computer :S
Then I hosted it on LAN, along with a friend. Neither of us got beyond half of the loading bar. It just crashes there, and freezes completely (I can assure it's not a RAM issue, btw).
I created it on LAN again, as solo on my computer, and again, can't get past half of the loading bar and it freezes. Three times total on my desktop computer, another 3 times on my laptop. One time on another friends computer. Somethigs not right, It just won't load!
Added: so, I kept trying to see if I could find any more info, or any workaround. Unsuccesfully. But, I will mention: On one time, it didn't freeze, warcraft shut itself down, and I got a windows error message stating that the program could not continue, and needed to be closed. I tried using the previous version, and it works just fine. So it is something related to this new version :S

Last edited:
Level 12
Yes, I mean u can load 5 heroes, everyone will revive but ONLY last one will gain exp and get saved.

Also trying to upg item with best (smth like claw) off-hand makes crit

That's a serious bug. That's like playing solo, then having 4 more peeps to join you. I suggest releasing a quick-fix version of the map for this, or even a code wipe. This could be used by cheaters. Btw, bugs like that shouldn't be posted in here, PM it to drol instead. Perhaps, you could edit your post or remove the part that says something about the bug? Since drol already knows about this, then removing the post where you told the bug would be for the better.

Level 4
bug

bug: when u enter first dungeon ur pet wil not get in, and if u kill it outside then re-enter and summon the pet inside, u will not be able to rest anymore while inside the dungeon /:

Level 3
bug: when u enter first dungeon ur pet wil not get in, and if u kill it outside then re-enter and summon the pet inside, u will not be able to rest anymore while inside the dungeon /:

The pet CAN get inside the dungeon, but you have to go past the first group of creeps (the 3 miners), then your pet will pop up.

Level 2
*Collect a Pristine Stalker Claw.

Ok I travelled up north and killed the stalkers there.
I did not find any pristine stalker Claw. All I received from the stalker at the top was stalker gloves.

Anyone know where I can find the pristine stalker claws?

Level 2
There, but they are rare, my party killed all stalkers 3-4 times to get them.

Thanks Drizz, I found it now.

By the way, how am I supposed to get a decent sword weapon?
There is nothing there... I only have a good bow. And I levelled up my stats in Strength, so "Shield Pound", one of the spells from Chieftan Pathfinder, is really the best spell for me, but of course I cant use it without a shield. And if I use a shield, I need also a decent sword. Do you know where I can grab a decent sword from??

Level 10
Thanks again everybody for all the feedback and replies :)

I had a problem with code , too . Sometime it didnt work , i lost my "purple" accessory ( yes , this purple color ):ogre_datass::ogre_datass:

I'm going to sort this out, sorry for this mess.

Found another minor bug. One of a one-handed sword "Gladius" did not have attached model to it. However, there are times that the model showed appropriately. Also, sometimes when you switch sword-shield stance, to dual wielding, vice versa, the animation would messed up a little.

I'll look into the animations.

Well this is strange... I've checked the changelog and every new reply on this thread. Nothing about it.
I just hosted it online, another player joined, we started playing (actually I did, the other player was no longer in the game). About three minutes into the game, it completely froze. I had to kill war3.exe process to regain control of my computer :S
Then I hosted it on LAN, along with a friend. Neither of us got beyond half of the loading bar. It just crashes there, and freezes completely (I can assure it's not a RAM issue, btw).
I created it on LAN again, as solo on my computer, and again, can't get past half of the loading bar and it freezes. Three times total on my desktop computer, another 3 times on my laptop. One time on another friends computer. Somethigs not right, It just won't load!
Added: so, I kept trying to see if I could find any more info, or any workaround. Unsuccesfully. But, I will mention: On one time, it didn't freeze, warcraft shut itself down, and I got a windows error message stating that the program could not continue, and needed to be closed. I tried using the previous version, and it works just fine. So it is something related to this new version :S

Very strange, since I haven't heard other people having this issue I'm not quite sure what to do. I'll see if it has something to do with version differences.

That's a serious bug. That's like playing solo, then having 4 more peeps to join you. I suggest releasing a quick-fix version of the map for this, or even a code wipe. This could be used by cheaters. Btw, bugs like that shouldn't be posted in here, PM it to drol instead. Perhaps, you could edit your post or remove the part that says something about the bug? Since drol already knows about this, then removing the post where you told the bug would be for the better.

I agree, but I've tested this myself and it doesn't seem to happen. Even trying to load a code while your hero is reviving cancels the reviving so you'll only have your loaded hero. If anyone could explain this exploit a little more detailed to me it would be appreciated because when I try it I only keep having one hero.

I'll look into it :) Most of the time you can use the Whistle ability to recall you pet to your hero. Seems like Dungeon 1 has a problem with this, will fix it.

Thanks Drizz, I found it now.

By the way, how am I supposed to get a decent sword weapon?
There is nothing there... I only have a good bow. And I levelled up my stats in Strength, so "Shield Pound", one of the spells from Chieftan Pathfinder, is really the best spell for me, but of course I cant use it without a shield. And if I use a shield, I need also a decent sword. Do you know where I can grab a decent sword from??

If you joined up with the centaur you can buy Sabre of the Marauder at some point in the quest line, else the Gnolls drop a main hand (Ravager Claw) or farm Murlocs who drop Gladius.

Last edited:
Level 10
Which Gnolls do you mean? on the mountain top, or below in the valley near the centaurs and tauren?
Do you mean the Gnoll Savages?

Gnolls, Gnoll Archers & Gnoll Savages all have a chance to drop it. The Gnolls on the mountain top and below in the valley are all of the same type (that means for instance a Gnoll Archer on the mountain drops the same stuff as a Gnoll Archer in the valley below).

Hope this helps :)

Level 2
Gnolls, Gnoll Archers & Gnoll Savages all have a chance to drop it. The Gnolls on the mountain top and below in the valley are all of the same type (that means for instance a Gnoll Archer on the mountain drops the same stuff as a Gnoll Archer in the valley below).

Hope this helps :)

Ah, I understand now. Thank you for your help and your prompt reply :) I might try the merlocs aswell and see which item is better .

Level 1
problem with load

i load my lv 42
and
1. i lost all my eq
2. my agi stats back to stat points
& also
3. i lost all my skills too... include the 1st skill one (forgot)

heres the screenshot
hv4peouj.png

Level 10
i load my lv 42
and
1. i lost all my eq
2. my agi stats back to stat points
& also
3. i lost all my skills too... include the 1st skill one (forgot)

heres the screenshot
hv4peouj.png

Could you PM me your save code and the playername you used in this game? That way I can debug and see what goes wrong :)

EDIT: Think I've already found it, bug fixing it at the moment.

Last edited:
Level 2
Hi there, me and my friends from Garena also complete it in a couple of hours~ Is there any Act III map progress coming soon? The above and middle of the map is so empty lol...feel like a wild west feeling ❁ㅅ❁

P.S- I am a fan of your work! Keep it up~
May I suggest a few ideas? If by any chance you can think of a way to spice the game up..like having random events.. or defend the castle from invading mobs of Mountain Bandits (in Act III, Revenge theme?) due to the killing of the three brothers in the cave before we kill the mother at Act I...

Okay I'm done babbling lol, can't wait for your next map development~٩(-̮̮̃ㅅ-̃)۶

Level 10
I think map must be harder - much harder. We finished it in couple hours.

I agree, thats why in the new version creeps will scale with the number of players, so the map will be quite harder then ;)

Hi there, me and my friends from Garena also complete it in a couple of hours~ Is there any Act III map progress coming soon? The above and middle of the map is so empty lol...feel like a wild west feeling ❁ㅅ❁

Haven't had much time on Act III yet but I have a global idea how it will work out. Want to fix the last issues and add some small stuff before making the big chunk :)

P.S- I am a fan of your work! Keep it up~
May I suggest a few ideas? If by any chance you can think of a way to spice the game up..like having random events.. or defend the castle from invading mobs of Mountain Bandits (in Act III, Revenge theme?) due to the killing of the three brothers in the cave before we kill the mother at Act I...

Okay I'm done babbling lol, can't wait for your next map development~٩(-̮̮̃ㅅ-̃)۶

Glad you like it :) My plans for Act III are more interesting quests (so not just kill 10 creeps or farm 10 drops) and a storyline with more depth (more like your betraying mother, and not just kill some spider because they're naughty).

Level 2
Well, I dug a little deeper. About that crashing thingy when loading. It triggers a Windows APPCRASH, specifically regarding ntdll.dll file. The rare thing, is that I had win 7 ultimate on my desktop, and win 7 enterprise on my laptop (both 64 bits). Tried many so called "solutions" I found, yet I coulnd't make it work. Once again, it ONLY happens with this version file of this specific map. Since it was about time, I've just formatted my desktop (yeah, I'm THAT bored), and as soon as I finish installing some stuff, I'll give it a new try. Bad thing is that if it works, I won't be able to play on the laptop (it's a corporate img for windows, and I cannot format it without a valid reason, and a crashing warcraft game is not one, at least not for the people I work for lol).
Anywho, just thought it might give you a hint, in case this happens to someone else. Also, since it "may" help, I'm attaching the warcraft error log generated by this issue, perhaps you can read and understand such thing XD
==============================================================================
Warcraft III (build 6401)

Exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\war3.exe
Time: May 21, 2012 7:59:09.763 PM
User: Joe
Computer: HENSHAW
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This application has encountered a critical error:

FATAL ERROR!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\war3.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 0023:76F43B40

The instruction at '0x76F43B40' referenced memory at '0x00000004'.
The memory could not be 'read'.

War3Build: 1.26.0.6401
Played Maps\Download\Gems of Unification v12.05.20 (1).w3x
Player 0 JustAVoidSoul Race Human StartLoc 0
Player 1 Race Human StartLoc 1
Player 2 Race Human StartLoc 2
Player 3 Race Human StartLoc 3
Player 4 Race Human StartLoc 4
Player 5 Race Human StartLoc 5
Player 6 <Unused> Race Human StartLoc -1
Player 7 Clan of the Wild Hoof Race Human StartLoc 6
Player 8 Runetotem Tribe Race Human StartLoc 7
Player 9 <Unused> Race NightElf StartLoc -1
Player 10 <Unused> Race Human StartLoc -1
Player 11 NPC Race Human StartLoc 8

----------------------------------------
x86 Registers

EAX=15336F70 EBX=15337FE0 ECX=00000000 EDX=00000000 ESI=15336F68
EDI=005C0000 EBP=00188A50 ESP=00188A28 EIP=76F43B40 FLG=00210246
CS =0023 DS =002B ES =002B SS =002B FS =0053 GS =002B

Stack Trace (Manual)

Address Frame Logical addr Module

76F43B40 00188A50 0001:00023B40 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
76F4B7BC 00188A80 0001:0002B7BC C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
76F4B70D 00188B60 0001:0002B70D C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
76F43080 00188BE4 0001:00023080 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
75554EC3 00188C30 0001:00013EC3 C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
6A3EA411 00188C40 0001:00019411 C:\Windows\system32\d3d8.dll
6A3FAD8B 00188C50 0001:00029D8B C:\Windows\system32\d3d8.dll
6A3FAE19 00188C64 0001:00029E19 C:\Windows\system32\d3d8.dll
6A3FAED3 00188C78 0001:00029ED3 C:\Windows\system32\d3d8.dll
6A443510 0018904C 0001:00072510 C:\Windows\system32\d3d8.dll
6A443C96 0018908C 0001:00072C96 C:\Windows\system32\d3d8.dll
6A4371A7 001890BC 0001:000661A7 C:\Windows\system32\d3d8.dll
6F52D866 0018911C 0001:0052C866 C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\Game.dll

Stack Trace (Using DBGHELP.DLL)

76F43B40 ntdll.dll RtlInterlockedFlushSList+5019 (0x005C0000,0x15337FE0,0x00188A74,0x00000000)

Loaded Modules

0x00390000 - 0x003A6000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\w3lh.dll
0x00400000 - 0x0047D000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\war3.exe
0x15000000 - 0x15061000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\Storm.dll
0x21100000 - 0x2115F000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\mss32.dll
0x22600000 - 0x22616000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\redist\miles\Mssfast.m3d
0x22700000 - 0x22717000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\redist\miles\Mssdolby.m3d
0x22C00000 - 0x22C18000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\redist\miles\Msseax2.m3d
0x24600000 - 0x24611000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\redist\miles\Reverb3.flt
0x26F00000 - 0x26F2A000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\redist\miles\Mp3dec.asi
0x60000000 - 0x6005D000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\ijl15.dll
0x6A3D0000 - 0x6A4D5000 C:\Windows\system32\d3d8.dll
0x6A4E0000 - 0x6A5C7000 C:\Windows\system32\DDRAW.dll
0x6A5D0000 - 0x6A698000 C:\Windows\system32\OPENGL32.dll
0x6A760000 - 0x6A76E000 C:\Windows\system32\DEVRTL.dll
0x6A7C0000 - 0x6A7F6000 C:\Windows\system32\AUDIOSES.DLL
0x6A830000 - 0x6A869000 C:\Windows\System32\MMDevApi.dll
0x6A8E0000 - 0x6A952000 C:\Windows\system32\DSOUND.DLL
0x6BD40000 - 0x6BD57000 C:\Windows\system32\bcrypt.dll
0x6BDA0000 - 0x6BDC5000 C:\Windows\system32\POWRPROF.dll
0x6BFE0000 - 0x6C333000 C:\Windows\system32\atiumdva.dll
0x6C340000 - 0x6C71E000 C:\Windows\system32\atiumdag.dll
0x6CB90000 - 0x6CC16000 C:\Windows\system32\aticfx32.dll
0x6F000000 - 0x6FBB5000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\Game.dll
0x712A0000 - 0x712B5000 C:\Windows\system32\Cabinet.dll
0x712C0000 - 0x7135B000 C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_d09154e044272b9a\MSVCR80.dll
0x71360000 - 0x71366000 C:\Windows\system32\SensApi.dll
0x71370000 - 0x713A8000 C:\Windows\system32\ncrypt.dll
0x713B0000 - 0x713ED000 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\bcryptprimitives.dll
0x71950000 - 0x71957000 C:\Windows\system32\avrt.dll
0x71BC0000 - 0x71BF4000 C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\snxhk.dll
0x71C00000 - 0x71C80000 C:\Windows\system32\uxtheme.dll
0x72140000 - 0x72145000 C:\Windows\System32\wshtcpip.dll
0x72150000 - 0x7218C000 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll
0x72190000 - 0x721CB000 C:\Windows\system32\rsaenh.dll
0x721D0000 - 0x721E6000 C:\Windows\system32\CRYPTSP.dll
0x72C80000 - 0x72D6B000 C:\Windows\system32\dbghelp.dll
0x72D70000 - 0x72D7B000 C:\Windows\system32\profapi.dll
0x72D80000 - 0x72D97000 C:\Windows\system32\USERENV.dll
0x72DB0000 - 0x72DB9000 C:\Windows\system32\VERSION.dll
0x72DC0000 - 0x72DC7000 C:\Windows\system32\WSOCK32.dll
0x730D0000 - 0x730DA000 C:\Windows\system32\atiu9pag.dll
0x73100000 - 0x73106000 C:\Windows\system32\d3d8thk.dll
0x73200000 - 0x7321C000 C:\Windows\system32\cryptnet.dll
0x73590000 - 0x73685000 C:\Windows\System32\PROPSYS.dll
0x736C0000 - 0x736D6000 C:\Windows\system32\GPAPI.dll
0x73780000 - 0x73786000 C:\Windows\system32\DCIMAN32.dll
0x73790000 - 0x737B2000 C:\Windows\system32\GLU32.dll
0x73CE0000 - 0x73D12000 C:\Windows\system32\WINMM.dll
0x74160000 - 0x74173000 C:\Windows\system32\dwmapi.dll
0x74180000 - 0x74204000 C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_5.82.7600.16661_none_ebfb56996c72aefc\COMCTL32.dll
0x745F0000 - 0x745FC000 C:\Windows\syswow64\CRYPTBASE.dll
0x74600000 - 0x74660000 C:\Windows\syswow64\SspiCli.dll
0x746C0000 - 0x746F5000 C:\Windows\syswow64\WS2_32.dll
0x74700000 - 0x747CC000 C:\Windows\syswow64\MSCTF.dll
0x747D0000 - 0x747F7000 C:\Windows\syswow64\CFGMGR32.dll
0x74800000 - 0x748AC000 C:\Windows\syswow64\msvcrt.dll
0x748B0000 - 0x749A0000 C:\Windows\syswow64\RPCRT4.dll
0x749A0000 - 0x74ABB000 C:\Windows\syswow64\WININET.dll
0x74AC0000 - 0x74B43000 C:\Windows\syswow64\CLBCatQ.DLL
0x74B50000 - 0x74B69000 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll
0x74B70000 - 0x74BB5000 C:\Windows\syswow64\WLDAP32.dll
0x74BC0000 - 0x74BC6000 C:\Windows\syswow64\NSI.dll
0x74BD0000 - 0x74C30000 C:\Windows\syswow64\IMM32.dll
0x74C30000 - 0x74CD0000 C:\Windows\syswow64\ADVAPI32.dll
0x74CD0000 - 0x74D4B000 C:\Windows\syswow64\comdlg32.dll
0x74D50000 - 0x74E6C000 C:\Windows\syswow64\CRYPT32.dll
0x74E70000 - 0x74EFF000 C:\Windows\syswow64\OLEAUT32.dll
0x74F00000 - 0x74F0C000 C:\Windows\syswow64\MSASN1.dll
0x74F10000 - 0x74FA0000 C:\Windows\syswow64\GDI32.dll
0x74FD0000 - 0x75188000 C:\Windows\syswow64\iertutil.dll
0x75190000 - 0x752EC000 C:\Windows\syswow64\ole32.dll
0x75380000 - 0x75392000 C:\Windows\syswow64\DEVOBJ.dll
0x753A0000 - 0x7553D000 C:\Windows\syswow64\SETUPAPI.dll
0x75540000 - 0x75586000 C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
0x75590000 - 0x7559A000 C:\Windows\syswow64\LPK.dll
0x755A0000 - 0x756B1000 C:\Windows\syswow64\urlmon.dll
0x756C0000 - 0x7575D000 C:\Windows\syswow64\USP10.dll
0x75760000 - 0x75860000 C:\Windows\syswow64\kernel32.dll
0x75890000 - 0x758E7000 C:\Windows\syswow64\SHLWAPI.dll
0x75900000 - 0x75A00000 C:\Windows\syswow64\USER32.dll
0x75A00000 - 0x76649000 C:\Windows\syswow64\SHELL32.dll
0x76EE0000 - 0x76EE3000 C:\Windows\syswow64\Normaliz.dll
0x76F10000 - 0x77090000 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Memory Dump

Code: 16 bytes starting at (EIP = 76F43B40)

76F43B40: 8B 49 04 89 55 EC 8B 12 3B D1 0F 85 68 65 05 00 .I..U...;...he..

Stack: 1024 bytes starting at (ESP = 00188A28)

* = addr ** *
00188A20: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 D8 AA 00 00 00 00 5C 00 ..............\.
00188A30: 00 00 00 00 E8 2F 34 15 00 D0 CF 00 E0 7F 33 15 ...../4.......3.
00188A40: 74 8A 18 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 5C 00 00 00 5C 00 t.........\...\.
00188A50: 80 8A 18 00 BC B7 F4 76 00 00 5C 00 E0 7F 33 15 .......v..\...3.
00188A60: 74 8A 18 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 5C 00 C4 00 5C 00 t.........\...\.
00188A70: 00 00 5C 00 00 16 00 00 2C 89 21 8E 35 07 1B 40 ..\.....,.!.5..@
00188A80: 60 8B 18 00 0D B7 F4 76 00 00 5C 00 D8 AA 00 00 `......v..\.....
00188A90: 7F 84 13 77 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 5C 00 ...w..........\.
00188AA0: 00 44 5C 00 94 70 32 1B 90 4D 3B 5B FF 00 82 64 .D\..p2..M;[...d
00188AB0: DC DA A5 B5 A6 BF F0 72 CA ED AD B6 C9 1D E7 87 .......r........
00188AC0: A0 F2 DA 6D 00 44 5C 00 CE 71 9C B1 10 DB F7 0E ...m.D\..q......
00188AD0: 18 E4 1D 3D 3B C4 BF F0 49 FB CB 18 FF 07 00 00 ...=;...I.......
00188AE0: FB 3F 69 F7 0D 6C 23 92 2B DF 09 DA 94 32 85 DA .?i..l#.+....2..
00188AF0: 00 00 00 00 C6 41 62 E7 68 3F 2E E0 C7 20 95 A6 .....Ab.h?... ..
00188B00: 3E 18 7E C8 7E 24 92 6B 00 00 00 00 62 D3 CC 58 >.~.~$.k....b..X
00188B10: 2B FC 45 B7 9B 04 00 9F 40 0A C0 6D 01 00 00 00 [email protected]....
00188B20: 20 86 EB C0 0A 00 14 00 C4 00 5C 00 C4 00 5C 00 .........\...\.
00188B30: 00 00 00 00 5B 15 00 00 00 00 00 00 A5 2C 68 01 ....[........,h.
00188B40: 00 00 5C 00 08 3E E7 01 90 8A 18 00 F0 85 18 00 ..\..>..........
00188B50: 20 8C 18 00 D5 70 F8 76 8F C7 F8 01 00 00 00 00 ....p.v........
00188B60: E4 8B 18 00 80 30 F4 76 CC AA 00 00 D8 AA 00 00 .....0.v........
00188B70: C4 00 5C 00 D4 8B 18 00 00 00 00 00 6C 8C 18 00 ..\.........l...
00188B80: 08 00 00 00 5F 14 E9 1E 14 93 4B 97 C3 F0 4E AB ...._.....K...N.
00188B90: 6E 6C B5 05 BE 83 1B 14 91 1D CA 92 B2 A8 62 C3 nl............b.
00188BA0: 70 27 38 AF C3 EF DA 0B 41 F0 67 85 FE 32 F8 FB p'8.....A.g..2..
00188BB0: 40 F8 79 2E 89 37 83 6D AF 04 76 2D A6 EA AB A9 @.y..7.m..v-....
00188BC0: DA EC F2 D0 91 15 DA B3 AC CA 18 B0 DE 18 83 8A ................
00188BD0: FC 0D FD A4 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 D8 AA 00 00 ................
00188BE0: 92 E8 13 F8 30 8C 18 00 C3 4E 55 75 00 00 5C 00 ....0....NUu..\.
00188BF0: 08 00 14 00 CC AA 00 00 67 AF 78 4E 1A 00 00 00 ........g.xN....
00188C00: 6C 8C 18 00 08 00 00 00 48 BF BE 4F 00 00 00 00 l.......H..O....
00188C10: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 F8 8B 18 00 F0 85 18 00 ................
00188C20: 0C 91 18 00 60 65 57 75 FF A3 37 3B FE FF FF FF ....`eWu..7;....
00188C30: 40 8C 18 00 11 A4 3E 6A 40 00 00 00 CC AA 00 00 @.....>j@.......
00188C40: 50 8C 18 00 8B AD 3F 6A CC AA 00 00 74 8C 18 00 P.....?j....t...
00188C50: 64 8C 18 00 19 AE 3F 6A 6C 8C 18 00 CC AA 00 00 d.....?jl.......
00188C60: A0 45 73 0E 78 8C 18 00 D3 AE 3F 6A 74 8C 18 00 .Es.x.....?jt...
00188C70: AC AA 00 00 01 00 00 00 4C 90 18 00 10 35 44 6A ........L....5Dj
00188C80: AC AA 00 00 1A 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 C0 D1 69 00 ..............i.
00188C90: 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 ................
00188CA0: 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 ................
00188CB0: 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 09 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 ................
00188CC0: 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 ................
00188CD0: 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 09 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 ................
00188CE0: 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 ................
00188CF0: 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 ................
00188D00: 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 ................
00188D10: 08 00 00 00 09 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 ................
00188D20: 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 ................
00188D30: 07 00 00 00 09 00 00 00 09 00 00 00 09 00 00 00 ................
00188D40: 08 00 00 00 DC AB 18 00 CA 18 49 13 C0 18 49 13 ..........I...I.
00188D50: 3C 7A AB 6F 0A 00 00 00 10 49 03 15 00 00 00 00 <z.o.....I......
00188D60: 1F 49 03 15 46 45 4E 43 45 53 2E 42 4C 50 00 42 .I..FENCES.BLP.B
00188D70: 4C 50 00 00 DC AB 18 00 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 LP..............
00188D80: 10 49 03 15 00 00 00 00 1F 49 03 15 46 45 4E 43 .I.......I..FENC
00188D90: 45 53 2E 42 4C 50 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 ES.BLP..........
00188DA0: 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 ................
00188DB0: 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 09 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 ................
00188DC0: 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 ................
00188DD0: 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 ................
00188DE0: 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 07 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 ................
00188DF0: 08 00 00 00 09 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 ................
00188E00: 08 00 00 00 09 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 ................
00188E10: 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 ................
00188E20: 09 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 ................

Level 10
Well, I dug a little deeper. About that crashing thingy when loading. It triggers a Windows APPCRASH, specifically regarding ntdll.dll file. The rare thing, is that I had win 7 ultimate on my desktop, and win 7 enterprise on my laptop (both 64 bits). Tried many so called "solutions" I found, yet I coulnd't make it work. Once again, it ONLY happens with this version file of this specific map. Since it was about time, I've just formatted my desktop (yeah, I'm THAT bored), and as soon as I finish installing some stuff, I'll give it a new try. Bad thing is that if it works, I won't be able to play on the laptop (it's a corporate img for windows, and I cannot format it without a valid reason, and a crashing warcraft game is not one, at least not for the people I work for lol).
Anywho, just thought it might give you a hint, in case this happens to someone else. Also, since it "may" help, I'm attaching the warcraft error log generated by this issue, perhaps you can read and understand such thing XD

Thanks for it, I promise I'll look into it. But I might have found the problem, some issues with my World Editor / JNGP and the latest version of Warcraft 3.
Adding some minor content to the map today then I release a new version, you might want to try that one, the problem is then probably fixed.

Level 2
Thanks for it, I promise I'll look into it. But I might have found the problem, some issues with my World Editor / JNGP and the latest version of Warcraft 3.
Adding some minor content to the map today then I release a new version, you might want to try that one, the problem is then probably fixed.
Well, just FYI...
Formatted, reinstalled windows, reinstalled w3, and still not working. getting the same error. Just wanted to point that out. Really looking forward to new version, hopefully the problem is what you thought it is.
BTW, great job on your side man.

Level 4
rougue

i was playing my hero rougue like, wiith full agi and off-hand but i had to switch to bow beacause "rougue" is just to weak due to skills archer will have the same speed if full agi + 2 bow specific skills which are really good, the only off-hand based skill requieres an alredy high lvl to get and the only working for dmg will be deadly poison till that, which works exactly the same for an archer, so i think u should add better skills for rougue like heroes please :)

Level 10
Well, just FYI...
Formatted, reinstalled windows, reinstalled w3, and still not working. getting the same error. Just wanted to point that out. Really looking forward to new version, hopefully the problem is what you thought it is.
BTW, great job on your side man.

Thanks for your dedication, it's appreciated :) Lets hope my fix will solve the issue for you.

i was playing my hero rougue like, wiith full agi and off-hand but i had to switch to bow beacause "rougue" is just to weak due to skills archer will have the same speed if full agi + 2 bow specific skills which are really good, the only off-hand based skill requieres an alredy high lvl to get and the only working for dmg will be deadly poison till that, which works exactly the same for an archer, so i think u should add better skills for rougue like heroes please :)

Actually you're right about archers being stronger than rogues I think. I think I'll add a tradeoff for the range they have (like -10% attack speed).
This probably won't make it in the next update just yet.

But you're wrong that there is just one skill that you need an off hand for. There is another that can drop inside the dungeons, so go check that one out :)

Level 10
Updated another bugfix patch. This should solve all the save/load issues and hopefully the crashing one :)

Glad to hear more feedback.

Changelog
v12.05.22
  • Creeps now scale with the amount of players, with each player creeps gain +75% health, +25% damage, +15% experience reward and +15% item drop chance
  • Fixed an issue that could crash the game when playing WC3 with a different version
  • Fixed a bug with loading certain save codes that would not restore a hero correctly
  • Added a questgiver in Palemane Hills just after the bridge
  • Fixed a bug with the Murloc or Serpent birthsign being lost after reviving
  • Potions and Ability scrolls are saveable from this version on
  • Casting while wielding a two-handed weapon should no longer cause animation issues
  • The model of Gladius is now properly attached
  • Inner Courage tooltip improved
  • Pets should no longer become stuck near the entrance of dungeon 1

Level 4
Thanks for your dedication, it's appreciated :) Lets hope my fix will solve the issue for you.

Actually you're right about archers being stronger than rogues I think. I think I'll add a tradeoff for the range they have (like -10% attack speed).
This probably won't make it in the next update just yet.

But you're wrong that there is just one skill that you need an off hand for. There is another that can drop inside the dungeons, so go check that one out :)

it would be nice to balance em :) and yeah i found the sinister strike skill i nfirst dung i think thats the name, still i prefer the range xD, with the range i can just send pet to tank and snare while atacking same time, with rougue i would not be able to snare and a tack the same target, since atually at places like murlocs or gnolls if i let any atack me while i do the same, i will die in like 5 seconds /: and the 20% heal from the skill will just not amke trougth that dmg the armor for having agi is just to low

Level 2
Major bug:

*How Little We Know:
After I killed the 3 ghosts, and returned, to him, turned in the quest,
it just repeated. It just keeps saying to "cleanse the Amethyst" over and over again.
And those purple crystals keep appearing. I click the Amesthyst, it takes me to the ghost place, but obviously the ghosts are all dead, so just go back and repeats :(

Level 2
Major bug:

*How Little We Know:
it just repeated. It just keeps saying to "cleanse the Amethyst" over and over again.
And those purple crystals keep appearing. I click the Amesthyst, it takes me to the ghost place, but obviously the ghosts are all dead, so just go back and repeats :(

I have the same thing happen to me as well, I wait them respawn n rekill them again but in the end still the quest is not completed... Endless loop :vw_death:

Level 9
Strange, I had this quest working well... Btw top sword and top off-hand are stronger then top bow with top arrows, that balances bowman with rogue a bit. But two-handers seemed to be shit. Sword of dragon (or smth like that) is much better then almost any weaporn I saw. And some kind of soul staf, mb soulkeeper, I don't remember, is really OP, it maked my friends sp x2 because of tons int&sp it gives. I mean he had 50 sp and got 100+.

Level 2
Well, this is quite sad. Downloaded the new version, all excited and all, but nope. Still having the same issue. Game crashes on loading screen. I guess I'm just not meant to play your map anymore (boohoo). Just in case, i'll check now and then for version updates and see what happens.
Windows error log:
Descripción:
Este programa dejó de interactuar con Windows por un problema.

Firma con problemas:
Nombre del evento de problema: AppHangB1
Nombre de aplicación: war3.exe
Versión de la aplicación: 1.26.0.6401
Marca de tiempo de la aplicación: 4d83baa9
Firma de bloqueo: 7171
Tipo de bloqueo: 2048
Versión del sistema operativo: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Id. de configuración regional: 11274
Firma adicional de bloqueo 1: 7171a241a4aaf75ff76ef9c2052b5b20
Firma adicional de bloqueo 2: 1db5
Firma adicional de bloqueo 3: 1db58e8e3e595f550575d2eeda857ee5
Firma adicional de bloqueo 4: 7171
Firma adicional de bloqueo 5: 7171a241a4aaf75ff76ef9c2052b5b20
Firma adicional de bloqueo 6: 1db5
Firma adicional de bloqueo 7: 1db58e8e3e595f550575d2eeda857ee5

Oh, I tried one more thing. I changed war3 compatibility mode to "windows XP service pack 3" and checked on "run as administrator" option and tried again. this time it loaded the full bar, I really thought it was going to work, but it just shut itself down at the end. Anywho, just saying...

Last edited:
Level 10
it would be nice to balance em :) and yeah i found the sinister strike skill i nfirst dung i think thats the name, still i prefer the range xD, with the range i can just send pet to tank and snare while atacking same time, with rougue i would not be able to snare and a tack the same target, since atually at places like murlocs or gnolls if i let any atack me while i do the same, i will die in like 5 seconds /: and the 20% heal from the skill will just not amke trougth that dmg the armor for having agi is just to low

While ranged with a pet is more made for soloing the rogue style is more for a party damage dealer (because for instance Gouge deals more damage when attacking from behind and you have pretty low hp/armor). So you should pick what matches your playstyle. If you really like the rogue stuff I suggest picking some strength points for HP and some +armor gear to stay alive longer :)

Major bug:

*How Little We Know:

Thanks for reporting, the problem is probably that I haven't completely finished that quest, it's because Act II ends there and has yet to be continued (the same with the troll boss "surrendering").

Strange, I had this quest working well... Btw top sword and top off-hand are stronger then top bow with top arrows, that balances bowman with rogue a bit. But two-handers seemed to be shit. Sword of dragon (or smth like that) is much better then almost any weaporn I saw. And some kind of soul staf, mb soulkeeper, I don't remember, is really OP, it maked my friends sp x2 because of tons int&sp it gives. I mean he had 50 sp and got 100+.

Act III will add more of those epic items for all item slots so don't worry :) Just need bosses that can drop it to be added.

Well, this is quite sad. Downloaded the new version, all excited and all, but nope. Still having the same issue. Game crashes on loading screen. I guess I'm just not meant to play your map anymore (boohoo). Just in case, i'll check now and then for version updates and see what happens.
Windows error log:

Oh, I tried one more thing. I changed war3 compatibility mode to "windows XP service pack 3" and checked on "run as administrator" option and tried again. this time it loaded the full bar, I really thought it was going to work, but it just shut itself down at the end. Anywho, just saying...

Bleh :( I see some (I think) spanish in your error log, do you have WC3 installed in a foreign language perhaps? Because that might be causing the problem? It's sad to hear my fix didn't work out and to be honest I'm not sure how to solve it.

Level 2
It is. Spanish version. Yet I don't think it is related to the language, since I can play any other maps normally, including asian ones (fonts not recognized, no tooltips and all) and as I mentioned initially, I could normally play this map up to version 17. It definitelly has sth to do with some changes made on the new version (I can still play v17), but that's all I have. Thanks anyway fr trying, hope it doesn't happen to anyone else. As I said, I will try and play future versions, maybe luck comes to my side :(

Level 2
It is. Spanish version. Yet I don't think it is related to the language, since I can play any other maps normally, including asian ones (fonts not recognized, no tooltips and all) and as I mentioned initially, I could normally play this map up to version 17. It definitelly has sth to do with some changes made on the new version (I can still play v17), but that's all I have. Thanks anyway fr trying, hope it doesn't happen to anyone else. As I said, I will try and play future versions, maybe luck comes to my side :(

Hi, I also had the same problem. The loading bar load to middle then I dc, after I change to texture quality to highest then no more dc~
Perhaps this would help?

If you do not find this helpful, just ignore this post :goblin_boom:

Level 2
Hi, I also had the same problem. The loading bar load to middle then I dc, after I change to texture quality to highest then no more dc~
Perhaps this would help?

If you do not find this helpful, just ignore this post :goblin_boom:
Thanks! and yes, I did try that. Didn't work. BUT, I finally came across a solution. Just needed to edit my warcraft 3 shortcut adding '-opengl' at the end, and it worked. So yes, it had to do with textures (maybe added on these latter versions).

So, now there's two workarounds available in case anyone has the same issue :p

Level 2
Hi there map maker, in version v12.05.22, your latest version, have you finished Act II or Act III yet?

By the way when I now try and type '-save' nothing at all happens :(
Is there a maximum number of times you can save or something? Although I have only saved like 5 or 6 times.

Level 10
Thanks! and yes, I did try that. Didn't work. BUT, I finally came across a solution. Just needed to edit my warcraft 3 shortcut adding '-opengl' at the end, and it worked. So yes, it had to do with textures (maybe added on these latter versions).

So, now there's two workarounds available in case anyone has the same issue :p

Great news! :) I'll update the map post about this, glad there is a workaround :D

Hi there map maker, in version v12.05.22, your latest version, have you finished Act II or Act III yet?

By the way when I now try and type '-save' nothing at all happens :(
Is there a maximum number of times you can save or something? Although I have only saved like 5 or 6 times.

You can't save in Singleplayer non-LAN, it should give you a message when you try to save then. If you do play on LAN or battle.net something else is the problem. Try dropping some quest items and -save again. This issue should have been solved by the latest version though.

To see what happend last version just check the changelog:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2154877-post129.html

I haven't finished Act II completely just yet ;)

Level 2
Great news! :) I'll update the map post about this, glad there is a workaround :D

You can't save in Singleplayer non-LAN, it should give you a message when you try to save then. If you do play on LAN or battle.net something else is the problem. Try dropping some quest items and -save again. This issue should have been solved by the latest version though.

To see what happend last version just check the changelog:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2154877-post129.html

I haven't finished Act II completely just yet ;)

Ah yes, thanks - I just dropped the amethyst now, and saved work. Well, that amethyst quest will not work yet, because you havent finished the quest I guess, so I will save it now, and wait till you finish Act II before I continue.
Any hints on when Act II will be finished? :p

Level 10
Ah yes, thanks - I just dropped the amethyst now, and saved work. Well, that amethyst quest will not work yet, because you havent finished the quest I guess, so I will save it now, and wait till you finish Act II before I continue.
Any hints on when Act II will be finished? :p

Okay, thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix that issue next version.
I hope I can now finish Act II, most bug fixing and balancing is done so I can fully focus on content creation now :)

Level 3
So stranger , i Lv up 4x , but i havent finish " Mother " quest yet . Because after i slay the Mother , take the emerald , i couldnt find Rageclaw , at Wildfell i couldnt find her ( or him ) . So where's she/he ? Ah , when i take the Emerald , it's disappear , i don't know how it was , does anyone else have a problem like that ?

Last edited:
Level 2
OK, now that I can play, I can also break it lol. It's a bit long, but I tried to make it as detailed as I could, so you get an idea of how to reproduce them.
Things I noticed:
1.- Loaded characters, didn't ask for any initial quest. went straight to tauren chieftain in freewind, talked to him (yet no mark on hist head), and got the sound effect and screen message of centaur killing quest. We couldn't add centaurs to the count, nor finish that quest until previous quests were completed. Minor severity. (Also, quest description was never added to the active quests menu under F9)
2.- Hero can walk/climb mountains between windfell and stalkers area (north of freewind). This also happens on the mountains right on top of freewind. The thing here, i that I could climb, but spiders couldn't, so my archer could just make arrows rain on them without being attacked. Medium severity.
3.- The worst one, which I believe caused several more issues: After drinking the pinot wine, waking up away from home, and coming back home, finding out you married the harpy, you talk to fiora, she tells you to go talk to the harpy. And here's the thing. this happened every time (three in total). player one talks to the harpy. goes back to fiona, completes the quest. everything works. Second player talks to the harpy, so far so good, goes back to fiora, and nothing works anymore. this is HUGE. fiora has the question mark active on her head, but player cannot interact with her, quest is not finished, rewards not received. but it gets worse... From that moment on, player CANNOT INTERACT WITH ANY NPC. No other quests can be finished, no other npc "talks" to the player. So that's pretty much it. Harpy quest disables all other quests (I get the counters, mobs killed, huts destroyed, books read, etc, but NPC interaction doesnt work anymore). Finally, and the worst part, player cannot save. any saving attempt after this harpy quest issue, does not work. I lost about 15 lvls (not much), but great bow and armor aswell. Major severity
4.- Troll huts quest. It works fine, but troll huts no longer appear as destroyed (they are, and they count, but animation does not happen. they look just fine after destruction). Player one sees the fire, but the huts are not destroyed. other players dont even see the fire. cosmetic. minor severity

Level 10
OK, now that I can play, I can also break it lol. It's a bit long, but I tried to make it as detailed as I could, so you get an idea of how to reproduce them.
Things I noticed:
1.- Loaded characters, didn't ask for any initial quest. went straight to tauren chieftain in freewind, talked to him (yet no mark on hist head), and got the sound effect and screen message of centaur killing quest. We couldn't add centaurs to the count, nor finish that quest until previous quests were completed. Minor severity. (Also, quest description was never added to the active quests menu under F9)
2.- Hero can walk/climb mountains between windfell and stalkers area (north of freewind). This also happens on the mountains right on top of freewind. The thing here, i that I could climb, but spiders couldn't, so my archer could just make arrows rain on them without being attacked. Medium severity.
3.- The worst one, which I believe caused several more issues: After drinking the pinot wine, waking up away from home, and coming back home, finding out you married the harpy, you talk to fiora, she tells you to go talk to the harpy. And here's the thing. this happened every time (three in total). player one talks to the harpy. goes back to fiona, completes the quest. everything works. Second player talks to the harpy, so far so good, goes back to fiora, and nothing works anymore. this is HUGE. fiora has the question mark active on her head, but player cannot interact with her, quest is not finished, rewards not received. but it gets worse... From that moment on, player CANNOT INTERACT WITH ANY NPC. No other quests can be finished, no other npc "talks" to the player. So that's pretty much it. Harpy quest disables all other quests (I get the counters, mobs killed, huts destroyed, books read, etc, but NPC interaction doesnt work anymore). Finally, and the worst part, player cannot save. any saving attempt after this harpy quest issue, does not work. I lost about 15 lvls (not much), but great bow and armor aswell. Major severity
4.- Troll huts quest. It works fine, but troll huts no longer appear as destroyed (they are, and they count, but animation does not happen. they look just fine after destruction). Player one sees the fire, but the huts are not destroyed. other players dont even see the fire. cosmetic. minor severity

Thanks for reporting all these things, especially the harpy one. Will look into it asap.

Level 10
Can we get an ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) for the completion of Act II and Act III? Just so we can mark the date on our calenders?

:)

This largely depends on the amount of bugs that show up, but I'm working on improving and adding the last things for Act II, so might take 1 - 2 weeks for that to finish, after that I'll go create Act III which will take a bit more time :p