• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Gaurdian's of Aeonia v0.45c

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Guardians of Aeonia

Prologue: And We Shall Know No Fear

It has always been believed that everything else will cease to exist. The storm ceases into tranquility, winter turns to spring, night turns to day... and people die for new ones to be born. But as a chapter is brought to conclusion, the next one begins anew. It was also seen in the events of Aeonian history; Empires have risen and fallen, in an endless cycle only for a new one to rise among the rubbles of the old.

But would the cycle ever cease to exist?

As a sinister force challenges the new empire, we have been once more forced to fight. To allow this golden age to end and resume the cycle or to make a difference.
-PuЪLiㄷEиəℳy#1 (Mod at PlayGoA forums)

This is an exciting BETA AoS dedicated to DotA (Defense of the Ancients). Guardians of Aeonia features all new heroes, several new items, new creeps, teams, and much more! Come join us at the PlayGoA forums:www.playgoa.com

Keywords:
Guardian, Guardians, Aeonia, AoS
Contents

Gaurdian's of Aeonia v0.45c (Map)

Reviews
22:08, 6th Apr 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected We have 2 many maps like this one, we need unique ones, sorry!

M

22:08, 6th Apr 2011
-Kobas-:
We have 2 many maps like this one, we need unique ones, sorry!

Level 10
Come on man, you gotta give some sort of description here on the Hive. People ain't gonna download a map if they have no idea what it is or what it's about. "No description" ain't gonna cut it, unless you're aiming for a [highlight]rejection[/code].

Level 30
hey I checked your game, and to me, its a DotA rip, and ripping of originality from other people's work are against the rules here in the hive, please do read the Map Rules and I recommend you to consult a map moderator about this for you not to get the wrong idea from them.

Level 3
hey I checked your game, and to me, its a DotA rip, and ripping of originality from other people's work are against the rules here in the hive, please do read the Map Rules and I recommend you to consult a map moderator about this for you not to get the wrong idea from them.

Its not a DotA rip. It was off of a DotA terrain template, and I changed nearly all of it.(Not really the outside of the map w/trees) Its also supposed to be similar to DotA, but not the same.

Level 30
So your trying to say is that you made the whole map by yourself? please sir, I'm a PRO on dota tactics and imagery that I know you just de-protected the map and mess it up a bit, if its a terrain template, how come I can see dota items there? each sectors are in tact similar to dota's original one? I recommend you to make your own AOS map rather stealing it and using it as your base work. that's not right, how will you learn to make your very own piece of achievement if you just revamped the items and heroes?

Level 30
Look! I know you're confused with the obligations going around here in this community, but robbing similar maps from owners without permission is against the rules and thus will be rejected any time soon when spotted, to my conclusions, Icefrog never intended to release his maps for any open source material and that dictates your so called "template" is faulty,

If you still believe you're actions are right your still WRONG!, everyone here who makes AOS maps doesn't visualize or aim the fundamentals of using DotA's map terrain style unless accepted or approved by Icefrog himself which is impossible, and re-creating another DotA inspired map is useless since that game is still going on high rates to every gamers around the globe including us. you, on the other hand, found a de-protected map in some site that is either epicwar or a third-party program that can break open protected maps. I suggest you to reassemble your map from scratch, redo your work.

Level 10
If you still believe you're actions are right your still WRONG!, everyone here who makes AOS maps doesn't visualize or aim the fundamentals of using DotA's map terrain style...

LOL! Why don't you just believe the guy? Like you said, everyone doesn't aim for using DotA's map terrain style, but some people might like DotA's terrain and want to make sort of their own version. There are plenty of unofficial versions of DotA out there. There are DotA terrain templates that exist, you know. And if this guy isn't telling the truth and this map really is a DotA rip, then let me be the one to apologize for this, but until then I'd like to know why you are so quick to shoot this random user down, who I'm sure you don't know.

He also already stated, it was supposed to be similar to DotA. So, maybe instead of instantly shooting this new user down as soon as you see his "DotA-like" map, try to take other things into consideration before starting an argument about whether or not he stole it.

I'll be honest, new users to this site are usually the one to do things like that, but you should instantly stereotype him based on the actions of other users. That's just wrong.

Last edited:
Level 30
Slayer14

I Didn't notice your response over here. you see my friend, there is a mass section of rules here that we all must understand to maintain order and make its subjects clean before we start off doing warcraft stuff right? and to show the map rules stated below:
Permission - You must have permission to use any source contained in your resource.
Originality - Resources should be unique. Largely similar resources, such as icons or skins that are hue-adjusted version of each other, simple reskins that don't change the shape of the model, or maps that are effectively clones of each other, such as most LOAP and Footman Wars maps, may be rejected.

I checked the owner of the template, eventhough Snosnhoj contained a template version for the map, Icefrog himself doesn't intend to release his resources for public use and this guy won't be able to upload this in playdota. instead, in epicwar.

To explain that his maps were already violating the rules, and to summarize this map was indeed DotA ripped. thus, the rejection must be done, I don't regard my actions to start a debate and I had no intentions on bringing his work down. I was only telling him that this kind of maps doesn't belong here, people in this site nowadays crave for another showcase of warcraft gaming instead of repeating its same maps over and over again. I know its awful to get used to it. but we can all thank epicwar or any warcraft resource website that can appreciate his map, and not just him, but by other more people who wants revamping this sources of maps and make it better in there own way. I hope this doesn't sunder neutralization by the two of us dude.

whiteboy

As for you, I viewed your site with your Altered DotA, and to see some people actually enjoy this, I advise you to only stay put your work on where you already started it, not here since a rule is a rule, it depends on how it will be changed in the future, if you need any AoS tips or any else help, I'm glad to help you out and point you into the right direction.

Level 10
Oh, well I'm sorry then. You just sounded highly upset and determined to tell this guy that he's such a big liar. I do however honestly agree with the fact that most people want to see something new, instead of the same old maps over and over again. As a matter of fact, I never denied this map of rejection, as it does break the Originality rule.

It is very true that the Hive Workshop, as most know has very high standards and a map like this would be more appreciated on a site like Epicwar.com, like Orcnet said.

I hope this doesn't sunder neutralization by the two of us dude.

We're cool. I have no problem with staying neutral.