• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] (GATES) Is this a good trick for making gates or just a nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hmmm... so I can't find a fitting texture path for this destructible, though I try to make custom pathing but I gave up so I tried using pathing blockers for the custom gate called this one, please try to look at this: :)

kaptur-jpg.282080

My texture path was only: Magical Pen Wall Base and those pink standing tiles are pathing blockers. I tried to test it but the bombards still pass the gate like a ghosts which super duper gross to see :eek:

I also tried basing off custom gates in in-game gates but their path texture is not aligned correctly with the model itself, that is another dilemma.

Attachments

• kaptur.JPG
    kaptur.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Level 21
Judging from the highlighted (purple) pathing, your blockers are spread too thin, creating holes in between them? Thus no wonder units can slip through.
You should really use Custom Pathing Maps, easy to understand and quickly made.

Status
Not open for further replies.