1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Garnelsian Winter

Discussion in 'Idea Factory' started by Thanesh675, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Thanesh675

Thanesh675

Resources:
    Resources:
    Heyo peeps, so, i've decided to start making maps. Though i have not uploaded any maps, most of them are just basic melee and the sorts. Though i've made an rpg map last year, it was considered quite simple, the enviroment was also not quite good as it was messy, and ultimately i had not continued the map, forgotten about it, and took a break from War3.

However recently, i've started coming back to Warcraft 3 and got inspired by various Hive Workshop maps that lead me to return back to the World Editor. Instead of continuing the old project, i've started creating a new map, and of course, i've decided to implement some features i have not tried, thanks to hive's tutorials of course.

Oh boi, i talked a lot haven't i? well anyways, here is a screenshot of the terrain i have made in the small map. It isn't something to be boasted, but eh, guess i'll show what i've done so far. Feel free to share what you think about it! Have a great day/night ahead fellow Hive peeps.
    IMG_20190711_231142.jpg

Note: the broken image link is the picture I've reposted. For some reason I was unable to remove the link, or I don't know how to.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  2. noob

noob

Resources:
    Resources:
    The image or its link seems to be broken.

3. Thanesh675

Thanesh675

Resources:
    Resources:

Well I have just fixed it! Thank you for pointing it out! :D

4. SgtWinter

SgtWinter

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Coolio~ I'd like to know what the map would exactly be about. Such as the plot and gameplay and what exactly would feature in it. Also last image appears to be broken.

5. Thanesh675

Thanesh675

Resources:
    Resources:

Heyo! Thank you very much for the compliment! Currently, the plot is still a work in progress, and the feature is also a plan to is yet to be thought out. But a short synopsis of the story would be given out.

Winter has arrive in the southern regions of Garnelsia, colouring the landscapes with white snow. Given by the weather conditions, only a few flora was able to sustain the cold weather, the rest was unable to sustain and hence, they had perished within the White snow. Despite the snow ridden landscape, the beauty was still preserved, as the leaves has not withered, and the snow was not too heavy to prevent adventurers and wayfarers to conduct their travels. Yet despite such beauty, there lurks unwanted dangers that pose a threat to the safety of the populace and the adventurers. Yet, if someone is skilled enough, danger wouldn't be a trouble for them. What lies in this snow ridden region? Who might inhabit this land? That is for you to find out for yourself fellow adventurer.

That is a brief synopsis on the story, so you get the insight its an adventure based story.

The features I was planning to add would be:

-> Custom weapons that is attached to the characters. (already added)

Note that more features would be added as soon as time progress! Ideas from anyone is very welcomed!

Also, the broken image is the same picture I've posted, but for reasons unknown, I can't seem to remove it :/

6. Prince Aerrus

Prince Aerrus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds promising, could be an excellent map if done right...I really liked the way you described the scenario