• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Nuclear Winter Survival RPG

What elements would you like to see more of

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making a rpg with survival elements set in a nuclear winter apocalypse. Possibly with zombies. In the past I would have focused mainly on the survival aspect, but I've come to the conclusion is what I love about rpg is base building and progression, so I've toned it a bit down in favor of rpg elements and base building.

But, most importantly, It have led me to reevaluate other aspects. So what would you like to see in an rpg such as this.

Level 28
You could have a mechanic where radiation damage is all around the map and stronger in some areas (-1HP/s, -2HP/s, -5HP/S, etc. and -500HP/s right next to the leaky reactor), with an NBC suit that provides constant regeneration (+1HP/S).

Survival/RPG could be two modes of the same map (or the same map released twice), one with a story and the other with bosses that increase in power the later you get to them.

Radiation will probably be its own stat, invisible while 0, but visible as soon as you have any. Different levels having different penalties. Using the new ui natives. Same will go for hunger, thirst. And maybe other attributes. Have to find a balance between fun and realism, so will fight my urge to create 40 different stat bars.

I'm trying to avoid having different modes, as it seperates the playerbase each time you have a new mode.

Last edited:
Level 5
I think you should provide a much better description in order for us to understand exactly what your rpg would be like, "Nuclear Winter Survivial" is in itself descriptive, but I can imagine countless ways of how this could go, just my thoughts on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.