• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Garithos Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
garithos-png.370113
GARITHOS CAMPAIGN

With Balnazzar defeated, the combined forces of the Alliance and the rebel undead successed in taking control of Lordaeron. However, Sylvanas had no intention of calloborating with the Alliance but neither is Garithos...
Garithos Campaign is an alternate timeline for Legacy of the Damned campaign, it tells the story of what would have happened if Garithos didn't die in the original campaign.

‎‎‎Features

- Take control of Garithos and his army in their journey to free Lordaeron from the undead and eliminate all those who pose a threat to the Alliance.

Characters

btngarithos-jpg.370207
Garithos : Grand Marshal Othmar Garithos is the leader of remnants of the Kingdom of Lordaeron following its downfall during the Third War.
More will be added later...

Story

After he was freed from the Dreadlord's mind control, Sylvanas offered to help Garithos and his men reclaim their lands in exchange for their help in defeating the final dreadlord, Balnazzar. Garithos accepted the banshee's terms - but she had no intention of keeping her word as she plans to take Lordaeron for her own. However, Garithos wasn't stupid enough to fall for the banshee's trap.

Media

Mission Progress
Prologue - A New Power in Lordaeron
Chapter 1 - Battle for Lordaeron
Chapter 2 - End of a Cult

I attached a test campaign below, it has one interlude and two chapters.

Attachments

• GarithosCampaignDemo.w3n
    1 MB · Views: 3,528
Last edited:
Level 16
Garithos Campaign is an alternate timeline for Legacy of the Damned campaign, it tells the story of what would have happened if Garithos didn't die in the original campaign.
what happened in TFT is the alternate timeline.

Garithos is a man who never trust inhuman beasts
The lesser races must be purged from the kingdom.
. Him being killed by Sylvanas just like that is pathetic.

This story is certainly more true than TFT in this regard.

Last edited:
Level 6
I'm afraid not. Garithos will have to do it by himself without the aid of the Scarlet Crusade. I like to keep this campaign related to Warcraft 3 only without adding stuff from World of Warcraft.
Well, if he is successful he will draw those still willing to fight, not the Crusade.

Level 9
It would be nice to see how things would have turned up if Garithos wasn't so dumb and betrayed Sylvanas before she could become the Banshee Queen.

Theoretically, with Lordaeron and Dalaran secured, Garithos would turn his attention towards the Eastern Plaguelands and Stratholme where the Scourge has a good grip over the lands. It would also mean the Scarlet Crusade would have trouble forming since someone like Garithos would most likely force his authority over some characters that were key in the Scarlet Crusade's formation and forcibly enlist them in his ranks.
If everything goes as he plans then the entirety of Lordaeron should be free since there are no major opponents to deal with and I doubt the Cult of the Damned with Kel'thuzad will be able to do some damage to Garithos' ranks.
So by the end of the story I expect to either see a stable version of Lordaeron, or Garithos gets betrayed by his own men because of his way of leading, swelling pride and possibly the interference of a very smart Dreadlord.

Level 11
What a sweet campaign. I really enjoy playing remakes of the original Blizzard campaigns like this one. The chapters are very interestingly done, but there is only one bug that I ran into - after I complete the last objective of the 2nd chapter (I don't want to spoil anything by revealing details about it) nothing happens. There was no ending cinematic, since it was the last chapter in the demo. I was free to go around the map and do what I like.
Overall, very nice remake 👌

Level 28
General:
Most levels have Backpack available, is that supposed to be the case? Archers, Chaplains and Hydromancers aren't affected.
First and second level: Towers still have Magic Sentry.
Hydromancer training tooltip mentions Frost (Armor) and Summon Water Elemental instead of Water Elemental and Cyclone. As an aside, this is quite possibly the most broken caster combo ever.
Crushing Wave and Cyclone share a hotkey.

First level:
Mercenary camps and unique units (ogres, murlocs) still in French.
Are mercenary camps supposed to sell nothing?

Second level:
Sometimes, yellow waves move to the player's base instead of attack-moving, and do so one by one, and don't counterattack.
It's possible to take out Kel'thuzad's forces before the barriers are own, either by shooting them or the trees around the barriers.

So what happened to Little Timmy?

Interlude:

The text could be better displayed, like during the cinematic sequence before Garithos starts talking.
Paragraph break should be after "single mighty being.", not "single mighty".
There should be an SFX when the ambassadors teleport instead of just popping out of existence.

Third level:
Bloodfeather should be replaced since Rexxar already killed her and took her heart (especially since Rokhan is wearing it in the next level).

Fourth level:
This one was quite fun, but the level should end when all red units are killed, I beat every base with more than 10 minutes left.
* Units also don't stop spawning once all reds are killed, they just don't move towards the Horde bases.
I like the random shouting, but maybe have it come from different heroes instead of just Proudmoore.
Marketplace, potion shop and campaign items still in French.

Fifth level:
For some reason, most of the trees (the non canopy ones) in the level (especially the ones near Proudmoore's base) don't count as resources.

Sixth level:
Dragon doesn't drop anything?
In the ending cinematic, the tree of life uprooted and rooted without doing anything else.

Seventh level:

Eighth level:
All upgrades are pre-researched except for Archers.
Ballistae are called Glaive Throwers and can't be built as they require a Hunter's Hall.
There really should be a shop selling detection items to clear out the mines.
It's possible to drop and pick up the first-level mooncrystal (if it was carried by a unit that was then killed), triggering the next quest without picking up the third crystal. It can also lead to having three moon keys.
Quest doesn't mention Garithos needs to hold the key.
Bossfight was pretty underwhelming. Maybe if she summoned more than three treants at a time.
... What.

An honest dreadlord? Seriously?

Ninth level:
Why are the naga still there?

Overall:
  • No game-breaking bugs, but apart from "play campaign maps in reverse", not much in originality.
  • Some offscreen events could be shown even if they aren't made playable.
  • Storywise... Eh... I dunno, this feels more like the final delusion going through Garithos' mind as he's being eaten alive by ghouls.

Last edited:
Level 11
General:
Most levels have Backpack available, is that supposed to be the case? Archers, Chaplains and Hydromancers aren't affected.
First and second level: Towers still have Magic Sentry.
Hydromancer training tooltip mentions Frost (Armor) and Summon Water Elemental instead of Water Elemental and Cyclone. As an aside, this is quite possibly the most broken caster combo ever.
Crushing Wave and Cyclone share a hotkey.

First level:
Mercenary camps and unique units (ogres, murlocs) still in French.
Are mercenary camps supposed to sell nothing?

Second level:
Sometimes, yellow waves move to the player's base instead of attack-moving, and do so one by one, and don't counterattack.
It's possible to take out Kel'thuzad's forces before the barriers are own, either by shooting them or the trees around the barriers.

So what happened to Little Timmy?

Interlude:

The text could be better displayed, like during the cinematic sequence before Garithos starts talking.
Paragraph break should be after "single mighty being.", not "single mighty".
There should be an SFX when the ambassadors teleport instead of just popping out of existence.

Third level:
Bloodfeather should be replaced since Rexxar already killed her and took her heart (especially since Rokhan is wearing it in the next level).

Fourth level:
This one was quite fun, but the level should end when all red units are killed, I beat every base with more than 10 minutes left.
* Units also don't stop spawning once all reds are killed, they just don't move towards the Horde bases.
I like the random shouting, but maybe have it come from different heroes instead of just Proudmoore.
Marketplace, potion shop and campaign items still in French.

Fifth level:
For some reason, most of the trees (the non canopy ones) in the level (especially the ones near Proudmoore's base) don't count as resources.

Sixth level:
Dragon doesn't drop anything?
In the ending cinematic, the tree of life uprooted and rooted without doing anything else.

Seventh level:

Eighth level:
All upgrades are pre-researched except for Archers.
Ballistae are called Glaive Throwers and can't be built as they require a Hunter's Hall.
It's possible to drop and pick up the first-level mooncrystal (if it was carried by a unit that was then killed), triggering the next quest without picking up the third crystal. It can also lead to having three moon keys.
Quest doesn't mention Garithos needs to hold the key.
Bossfight was pretty underwhelming. Maybe if she summoned more than three treants at a time.
... What.

An honest dreadlord? Seriously?

Ninth level:
Why are the naga still there?

Overall:
  • No game-breaking bugs, but apart from "play campaign maps in reverse", not much in originality.
  • Some offscreen events could be shown even if they aren't made playable.
  • Storywise... Eh... I dunno, this feels more like the final delusion going through Garithos' mind as he's being eaten alive by ghouls.
where did you download the full campaign from

Level 1
Hello, recently trying to play it in reforje, try using the Quenching Mod, I get error when choosing the missions, my doubt is, it is only played in classic?. Sorry if I have any translation errors

Level 1
I just finished the campaign, I loved it, although I feel a bit rushed to go to Northrend and fight with the elves, but I love the campaign. Psdt: use a translator, if you have mistakes forgive me.

Level 1
Hi there, I am trying to play the latest DL for this campaign and am using version 1.27 WC3 and clicking chapter 1 just results in a black screen. I tried a few ways to open this with the battle net classic install of WC3 but couldn't figure that out either. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Level 4
I'm afraid not. Garithos will have to do it by himself without the aid of the Scarlet Crusade. I like to keep this campaign related to Warcraft 3 only without adding stuff from World of Warcraft.
hey just want to ask is there a WOW Like campaign where we can choose Variant Hero one Orc, one Troll, A Human, Elf for each group or a Warlord of Draenour Wow Campaign ?

Status
Not open for further replies.